“Bitten by bugs/Fleas”

Suburban Extended Stay Duluth
Ranked #22 of 25 Hotels in Duluth
Reviewed 9 August 2014

This place is awful! Very nosiey! Ask for a room away from elevator so it would be quite, I was put across the hall from a main stairwell. I was bitten over 150+ times by bugs we think fleas,(have photos of the bites) spoke with management and was told to CHECK OUT, because he was not moving me to another room because I must have brought the bugs with me. My Card was charged 4 different times during my 24hr stay hotel says they did not do the charges but they are on my bank acct. Guest fighting and arguing very loudly in hallways

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We arrived after midnight and people were still wondering around the parking lot and the hotel hallways. Kids running around the lobby. Our entire floor smelled like weed. We left within 20 minutes of arriving. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Dark-Kow
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Clean, safe, secure, quiet, conveniently located next to I-85 and Hwy 120, near Gwinnett Arena, next door to McDonalds and Subway + restaurants. John is the manager and Le Shonda the front desk manager. Both will do anything to make your stay as perfect as can be. Kitchen is complete with a little of everything including cooking utensils and cutting board. Great place! As a travel agent, I stay many places around the world and the staff here is top notch.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in numbers with 40's and 50's are the most quiet. Rooms ending with 15 are the...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We have decided to relocate to the Lawrenceville/Duluth area in March, and in February planned a week long trip to the area to house hunt. We chose Suburban Extended Stay of Duluth. I am so excited that we did, our room had more space than needed, they are located in an awesome area, the rooms were clean, the hotel staff was exceptional, it is a non smoking facility (which I love), and the kitchen area provided everything we needed without having to run and grab paper products.

My husband and I felt very safe staying here!!! Having Wifi was super for us as well!!!

I will definitely request stay here again next year!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Victoria_H641
Reviewed 15 March 2014

My family and I have stayed with Suburban of Duluth since May, 2013. I was drawn to the hotel due to it is a non smoking policy, it is pet friendly, and the pricing was great. I can honestly say that I was nervous moving there. However, we have felt at home from the day I walked in to view a room. The cleanliness of the hotel, the warmth that the Assistant Manager (LeShonda Dunn) provided was exceptional.

After months later, we are currently still with Suburban; for I enjoy knowing that if we were to have any concerns (which we have not) regarding the facility that I may notify GM John Welch, AM LeShonda Dunn or the entire staff and know the issue will be resolved.

No, you do not receive room service daily, however, you may exchange your towels and/or sheets when needed. The beds are comfortable (we sleep very well nightly), the kitchen comes with everything I need to ensure our family well being during this transition. If needed maintenance responds quickly. Overall, I am extremely pleased.

I have also noticed that they are currently upgrading. That is always a great thing!

Due to this being an Extended Stay, my family feels at home!

Keep up the great work Suburban of Duluth!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I Have Stayed in This Extended Stay Hotel for Over a Month Now,IT,S A Great Hotel,Nice Rooms,Outstanding Kitchen facilities,The Bed is Very Comfortable,Room is Clean and Pest Free,and the Property Has a Quiet Atmosphere,Management Staff,GM JOHN WELCH AND ASSISTANT MANAGER,MS.DUNN Are Both Hospitable,Professionally Friendly And Courteous,Housekeeping Staff is Awesome,Management Seems to be on the UP and UP,I Highly Recommend this Hotel to Both Leisure and Business Travelers,in a Nutshell,no Regrets Staying here,Period.

Room Tip: Stayed The Second Floor,It Was Noise Free And Clean,I Had No Issues.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Manger John & new front desk staff are VERY welcoming and willing to go the extra mile to make stay great.Rooms are complete with everything from a refrigerator, to the utensils, glassware, dinnerware and a can opener. New manager is constantly upgrading everything, including the cutting boards in kitchen. If I ever have even the most tiny of issues, the staff addresses is quickly, pleasantly and effectively. Have saved a small fortune, with the kitchen en suite, and all of the shopping and entertainment anyone could possibly want, being within walking distance or a very short drive. I have spent a total of over 3 months in this location, in the past 12. HIGHLY recommend!

Room Tip: Pet friendly. Fantastic staff. Located less than 1 mile from Bass Pro Shop and large mall. Right off...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business