“Excellent Food, Excellent Service”
Review of Armando's Caribe

Armando's Caribe
Ranked #12 of 453 Restaurants in Duluth
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I found this restaurant on TripAdvisor when I had to spend an unexpected overnight in N. Atlanta. I don't know how they do it for $11.00 but I ate incredibly sweet Lobster Tacos served with a large serving of Black Beans and Yellow Rice. The sauce on the tacos is mildly hot, just perfect, never overpowering the sweet lobster meat. The flour tortilla is soft and flavorful. Upon sitting you are met with a flavorful bowl of chips and accompanying delicious mild salsa. There are hot sauces on the table if that is your pleasure. Service is amazingly quick but you never feel rushed to vacate your table. I also ordered a flan and was so glad I did - it was very light and airy but full of flavor with a delicious melted sugar caramel. I'm glad I took it to go so I could enjoy it slowly, well after my filling meal. The only cons are 1. the fairly loud ambiance 2. Wine is $8.00 a glass for an inexpensive grocery store brand.

1  Thank janiemae38

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Armando's Caribe has great food that fits any mood. We go here at least once a week - sometimes 2-3 times. But we never get bored. The menu is so varied! I have tried about 60% of the items on the menu and have never had bad food. There are a good amount of fish options (the lobster tacos are amazing, and the ceviche is unique and incredible). One of my biggest draws to this place was the amount of vegetarian options since I try to limit my meat intake. They are many and they are all well thought out and fantastic. But easily the best item on the menu is the Pollo a la Parilla. This plate of half a chicken wood grilled and marinated in mojo sauce is to die for. I have no idea how they put so much flavor on just a chicken!

Nothing is your traditional "mexican" fare...everything tastes fresh and vibrant. Try this place as fast as you can...just don't take our booth :-)

Reviewed 26 July 2013

We are visiting Duluth and found Armando's via TripAdvisor. After our experience, we have to add our positive review to the others we read here! We visited on Friday night around 6pm. We were seated right away and watched the place fill up around us! Do NOT miss the lobster tacos, the tilapia tacos and the sangria margarita! The food lived up to the reviews posted here and more! Alberto G was our server but we were attended to by 5 or 6 different friendly staff members. All who provided outstanding service! We truly enjoyed our visit to Armando's!

Reviewed 25 July 2013

This was recommended to me by a friend and I am so glad we tried them.
Lobster tacos were excellent, margaritas very very good, burritos are great, not layered in sauce but fresh and you can eat them by hand!

1  Thank Jen H
Reviewed 24 July 2013

The lobster tacos, paella and arroz con pollo are all delicious. Family friendly atmosphere and great service.

1  Thank ScorpioJen