“Enjoyable Stay-Needs Updating” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Dunwoody
Chicago, Illinois
“Enjoyable Stay-Needs Updating”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2010

I stayed at the Staybridge Suites Atlanta-Perimeter in July 2010. The Hotel was clean and the beds were ok. The hotel actually could use some updating. The walls need painted and the carpet replaced. Otherwise, the breakfast was ok but the evening reception was sort of bogus. I stayed in a couple other Staybridge Suites and this was not even comparable. This was the worst food and the most outdated room I have stayed in with them. They also don't give any dishwasher detergent for the dishwasher so bring your own.

The hotel is real close to shopping and restaurants so that is a plus. The area that the hotel is located in is one of the nicest in Atlanta. One last thing, the internet is slower than dial up. It was suppose to be WIFI but I could never get connected. Finally they loaned me plug. It still was really slow.

Stayed July 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Morehead, KY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2010

We spent 4 nights at the Staybridge at the end of June, with us, our two teenagers, and my mother-in-law. The large two-bedroom suite was perfect for us, with 3 beds, a fold-out couch bed, 3 TV's, and two bathrooms. We didn't spend a lot of time in the room and never used the pool, but my husband and daughter worked out in the fitness room. They said it was fine, although one of the treadmills was down at the time, but it had a universal weight machine, which isn't common in hotels.

Breakfast was terrific! Hot oatmeal (already made) with raisins, walnuts, and brown sugar to put on top; real scrambled eggs, salsa, breakfast meat, make-your-own waffles, hard boiled eggs, cottage cheese, yogurt, fruit, plus the usual array of toast, bagels, danish, juices, milk, chocolate milk, and coffee.

Beds were OK, but my son wasn't real happy with the couch bed. I've never found one that was great, though. He seemed to sleep all night, regardless! We put a few things in the fridge, but didn't cook in the room on this trip, as we were downtown most of the day and late into the evening. We took MARTA downtown, either walking to the station (about 1/2 mile) or driving up there and parking (for free) in the garage by the station.

We would go back here in a heartbeat!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Alpharetta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2010

This hotel was a blast for us. Comfortable rooms, breakfast, nearby shopping. This is a great, great place to be with family.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2010

This is a good hotel in a great location for shopping,eating and access to main highways. Quiet and clean

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2010

We really love this hotel. We traveled to Atlanta and had to stay in town for 5 nights before and after I had surgery at Northside Hospital. I absolutely could not have done this surgery w/o Staybridge. I needed the refrigerator and freezer for required special dietary needs pre and post op for the surgery. It was essential to have a separate bedroom and living room so my hubby could be up and working and watching the TV in the living room and I could take my medication and close the blinds and sleep in the bedroom. One night I was up with pain and he was sleeping and I was able to go out and watch TV waiting for my pain Rx to kick in, so much nicer than trying to share a single room. Free Wi-Fi was awesome and the desk was great so my hubby could work from there while I was resting.

The free breakfast in the mornings was wonderful and very satisfying, MUCH better than the run of the mill continental BF. Make your own waffles, hot eggs with some type of meat every day and oatmeal as well as bagels, fruit and pastries. The free dinner on T-Th nights was bonus that worked out well, mostly for hubby since I couldn't eat but it was nice for him to be able to grab something rather than have to leave me and the hotel for dinner. If he did need to go out and get some food almost everything you can imagine is right across the street. A Super Target came in handy for the grocery needs and pharmacy. We ate at Outback one night, Panara bread one day for lunch.

Everything was clean, we didn't want to be disturbed after my surgery and we asked for a couple of clean towels from the maid and she quietly emptied the trash and we handed the dirty towels to her, so I could sleep. It just doesn't get much better than this. If you are in town for a medical reason ask for the Northside Hospital discount, it will get you a bit of a better rate but hands down this place is worth every penny. I was even able to buy a couple of stamps from the front desk so we could mail our mother's day cards out. Everyone was so polite and helpful.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Auburn, AL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2010

My wife and I were in Atlanta for the weekend and stayed at the Staybridge. It was our first experience there, and won't be our last. We pre-paid for two nights in a queen studio and with tax and all it was only $134. For that price we got a room with a full size refrigerator, microwave, two eye cooktop, and sink. Staybridge also provides FREE wi-fi and wired internet access. In addition to all of that, you also get free breakfast, which was very good. Eggs, sausage, oatmeal, waffles, bagels, cereal, fruit, juice, milk.....seriously, what else do you need? The location is fantastic. Walking distance to some shops/restaurants, and an easy drive to Perimeter Mall and all that surrounds it. You could walk to the mall too, but it might be a little far for some. We also needed late checkout (1 pm) which the Staybridge accommodated with no trouble.

The only negatives: the bathtub could have been a little cleaner (so could mine at home probably), and the mattress was not the best I've ever slept on but I had no trouble sleeping.

All in all, this was a great choice. We are already making plans to get one of the two room suites there when we take my daughter to the aquarium with her grandparents. The floor plan on the two bedroom/two bathroom suite looks spacious, with three TVs, and a fold out bed in addition to the other beds already in the suite.

Oh, and we didn't go to the pool but it looked great! Others were enjoying it last night.

I gave the Staybridge five stars. I am not saying it is a five-star hotel, but for what it is and for the price you will pay, it is one of the best values I have stayed at in a long time.

DO NOT HESITATE TO STAY HERE!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank DawgatAuburn
LONDON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2010

its a nice hotel. quite comfortable place to stay with children. would come back here again...

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunwoody
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Perimeter Dunwoody
Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter
Hilton Atlanta Perimeter Suites
Hyatt Regency Atlanta Perimeter at Villa Christina
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta / Perimeter Center
Hyatt Place Perimeter Center
Hyatt Place Perimeter Center
#3 of 10 in Sandy Springs

Been to Staybridge Suites Atlanta - Perimeter Center East? Share your experiences!