“Good, Not Great”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ashford, Dunwoody & Meadow Lane
Description: At BRIO Tuscan Grille at Perimeter Mall in Dunwoody a tasty experience waits for you to discover it: Italian grilled steaks, pasta, Italian sweets and drinks, all the Italian your heart desires at BRIO Tuscan Grille! Bringing the pleasures of the Tuscan country villa to Dunwoody, our chef-inspired Italian recipes are sure to tempt your palate. Find us one mile North of Perimeter Mall. Join us at BRIO Tuscan Grille, the best Italian restaurant near you!
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We have eaten at Brio many many times and I always am very impressed with the food, the service and can't wait for my next visit. This time I left feeling a little let down. The sour dough bread was fantastic as always - served warm, which makes all the difference. I had the wedge salad, which was very good - large portion, good price and full of flavor. My husband had the Chicken Spinach Salad and it was very good as well. Very large for the price and had a lot of flavor. I had the Artichoke Crusted Beef Medallions. The flavor was good but the medallions were so thin and overcooked. If this dish was $18.95, it might be worth it. But it is way overpriced for the amount of meat you receive. Also the veggies served with it were tasteless

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Grilled salmon fresca was terrific. Make sure to order it medium so the salmon is cooked to the right point. Tuscan Harvest Salad was also super wit ha very interesting mix of flavors that all worked well together. Service was good. Atmosphere was good and quiet enough for relaxed conversation.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

A business lunch brought me here on a recommendation from a customer. I had not heard of it before, and while I frequent the area, had never seen it either. The food and the service were excellent. I had the lunch portion of Lasagna, which while different than your regular lasagna, was wonderful. It had only a few layers, but they were thick, and was topped with a bechamel sauce. I had a Cesar salad that was very nice and tasty as well as the Lobster Bisque, which took me by surprised that it was so good. I am from New England, 2 years removed, and even i was impressed by the bisque. I can't wait to go back and try something else.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I made my first visit to this restaurant on Mother's Day with my wife, son and friends - party of 8. We were seated promptly because we had a 1:30pm reservation. The restaurant is very nice and open with a bocce ball court, outdoor bar and additional seating overlooking the small lake in front of the restaurant.

Unfortunately, they may have been overwhelmed this Mother's Day. We had to ask for utensils, and we had to get up and get bread plates ourselves as the servers (both of them) were difficult to get hold of. One of the party's wine requests was not filled, drinks were not refilled, not enough bread for a party of eight (we heard them say they were running really low), etc. While most of the party liked their entrees, my flatbread was luke warm (otherwise would have been very tasty), and another person's salmon in his salad was overcooked. The bread was very good!

Later in our meal, the server much more attentive as they started to get a reprieve with tables clearing. I was disspointed that we had such a bad experience at this restaurant, especially since many have had a very good ones.

I may try it again sometime, but we have many good Italian type choices in the Johns Creek/Alpharetta area which make the trip to Dunwoody not so necessary. I hope this was just an anomoly.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

we have been to Brio in Dunwoody several times. The atmosphere is comfortable and the service quite good. The staff is courteous and friendly. The noise level is comfortable for conversation and the wine list has an excellent selection of Italian wines. The food is good, but not great and the pricing not expensive