“I enjoyed it because...”

Crowne Plaza Atlanta Perimeter at Ravinia
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Dunwoody
Nashville, Tennessee
“I enjoyed it because...”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I stayed here for a week for a work conference in the building. I enjoyed it for business- wish I were there for fun b/c it seems like a nice place to relax. Tips/pros/likes: ask for a room facing "the trees" - beautiful natural view; ask for a microwave when you check in if you want one; if you have a car- Whole Foods and Kroger are about 3 miles away; mall walking distance across the street; Nordstrom's Rack walking distance across the street; I heard gym could be busy in the AM; I used the walking trails out back once...so nice! gravel, shade, trees- it's short, but what do you expect for a hotel- I just kept looping around, adding some paved shaded sidewalks; great yoga studio a congested 3 mile drive away PeachTree Yoga (went there twice); I only ate in one of their restaurants once, it was ok. Bed SUPER comfortable!! Signature 52 restaurant a walk away real nice! "Cons" which I almost hate to say...b/c I enjoyed it so much for work...I can see where ppl commented on plumbing probs and I can see where they tried some solutions. It's an old bldg, what can ya do. My sliding glass door in room 519 didn't open...BUT I would still stay in that room again b/c it was big, quite and comfortable. All staff were nice. Sure, some seemed like they might have been stressed at times...hotel biz is hard work. But they were always professional. Again, I'd like to go here again if in the area for fun. Just a nice place out of the heart of the city, but still close enough to take the train downtown (walking distance). Starbucks in house and full cafe walking distance too. 4 plus Stars for me :)

Room Tip: Ask for view facing the trees!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
huntsville7, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Atlanta Perimeter at Ravinia, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear KG,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment on your recent stay here at the Crowne Plaza Ravinia. We are really pleased that you enjoyed your room accommodations and found the staff to be very professional. We agree that this is a perfect location to the Perimeter Mall and that our gardens are a wonderful distinction that sets us apart. We all appreciate your business and look forward to your next return to the Crowne Plaza at Ravinia.

Danny Hiatt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel for IHG training, and I was excited to see the hotel, and their service. I was let down. When I walked up to the desk they were standing around on their cell phones (one of my pet peeves). They quickly checked us in, and didn't tell us where or when anything was. When we ate breakfast, we were rushed the entire time, and didn't get our juice until we were almost done. The only good thing about this hotel was the bar on the top floor. This was nice, but the attendant was also on her phone when we went up there, she also gave one of the workers some wine in a coffee mug when she didn't think anyone was looking. Service here leaves a lot to be desired for such nice facilities. The room was always cleaned very nicely, and room service was quick. The pool needs major renovation. I almost didn't want to get in because the whole room just looked and felt dirty. I will look for another hotel next time we are in town.

Room Tip: Top floor has awesome views.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank brittnitye
Danny H, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Atlanta Perimeter at Ravinia, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear brittnitye,

Thank you for taking time to fill out a survey on your recent stay here at the Crowne Plaza Ravinia. I am very pleased that you found your room very nice and clean, and In Room Dining prompt with their service, but please accept my sincere apologies for the service issues you encountered. These issues you mentioned are totally not acceptable and I will personally meet with the department heads involved to assure these items are addressed immediately to prevent a recurrence in the future. Your feedback is valuable in helping us improve our quality standards and product. Again, we all appreciate your patronage and look forward to hosting your next visit here at the Crowne Plaza Ravinia.

Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Problem is this..I couldn't check in at 3 as I was expecting. They just kept saying "the room is not ready". My family was so tired because of the long trip that we were having. We just needed a one room to rest. However, they didn't care about what customer needed. So much of hospitality.
I've chosen this hotel because of good reviews, but I won't recommend it if you want to check in the right time.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank haha7
Danny H, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Atlanta Perimeter at Ravinia, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear haha7,

We appreciate you taking the time to fill out review on your recent stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza Ravinia. Please accept my sincere apologies for your room not being ready right at 3:00 pm. We certainly understand your frustrations, but there are certain times when we have large group check ins that we do not make that exact time. There are other ways that we could have provided better hospitality and I will personally meet with the guest service team to share your valuable feedback so we do not have this recurring in the future. The next time your travels bring you back to Atlanta please feel free to contact me so I can ensure and facilitate a flawless experience for you.

770-395-7700
Surprise, Arizona
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I attended a conference here. Nice hotel with easy access by MARTA from the airport. Across the street from a large mall with many restaurant options. The hotel provided breakfast as part of our group stay and it was nice to have several hot and cold options each day. The lunch buffet was very nice a well. We had a corner room that was large and the housekeeping staff kept our room clean and well stocked with towels. We had no trouble with the plumbing in our room but several attendees did. The staff took care of the problem or offered to move the guests. I would go back if I visit Atlanta again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Steven S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Atlanta Perimeter at Ravinia, responded to this review, 4 February 2015
Luvtotravel047,

On behalf of our entire team at the Crowne Plaza Ravinia, we want to thank you for taking some time out of your day to review our hotel & staff. We take pride in our service & it is wonderful to hear about your positive experience with our housekeeping & restaurant team members. Your praise for them will not go unnoticed, as we will certainly share your kind words with them. If you have any further questions or comments, do not hesitate to reach out.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Atlanta!
Phenix City, Alabama
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a reunion with a group of women. My room was ready at check in and was very clean. I experienced no problems with my stay. The garden area outside the restaurant was very nice. The suite rooms were great for a group to gather in.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Danny H, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Atlanta Perimeter at Ravinia, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear KB232013,

We all appreciate you taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay here at the Crowne Plaza Ravinia. It is very pleasing to hear that you found our hotel very nice and the guest rooms clean, as well as enjoying our beautiful gardens. Your comments are very valuable to us and we all look forward to when your travels bring you back to the Atlanta area.

Sandy Springs, Georgia
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I like this hotel for many reasons. One of the reasons is because there hotel is clean and quite when you get to the room. They are right across the street from the mall, and there right up the street from the marta train station. It is one of the best hotels in Atlanta area. I think the customer service area is ok. Need to step it up just a little more though. Other than that this is a good property to stay at.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
huntsville7, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Atlanta Perimeter at Ravinia, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear EvangelistS,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to fill out a very positive review on your recent stay here at the Crowne Plaza Ravinia. We are so pleased that you found the hotel very clean and thought we were one of the best properties in the Atlanta area.The entire team appreciates your valuable feedback and we look forward to your quick return here at the Crowne Plaza.

Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Rooms were very posh and stylish. Very comfortable mattress and pillows! If you order room service I would highly recommend the cheddar cheese, apple and bacon sandwich. The Italian restaurant there, LA gotta, is amazing! As good if not better than the food we had in Italy!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tammy H
huntsville7, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Atlanta Perimeter at Ravinia, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Deat Tammy H,

Thank you so much for you fantastic comments on our newly completed renovation.We are so pleased that you found the rooms very elequent and to your liking.We all greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment on your recent stay and look forward to your next visit with us here soon.

Danny Hiatt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunwoody
Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Perimeter Dunwoody
Staybridge Suites Atlanta - Perimeter Center East
The Westin Atlanta Perimeter North
Hilton Atlanta Perimeter Suites
Hyatt Regency Atlanta Perimeter at Villa Christina

Been to Crowne Plaza Atlanta Perimeter at Ravinia? Share your experiences!