“Memorable experience”
Review of Alton Towers Spa

Alton Towers Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Farley
More attraction details
Owner description: Step inside the Alton Towers Spa and find yourself in a blissful oasis of luxurious tranquillity nestled inside the Alton Towers Hotel, the perfect place to let your senses wander and your cares drift away. Spoil yourself with our complete range of personalised spa treatments. Within our Aqua Relaxation Rooms every door opens to reveal a myriad of wonderful surprises. Unwind and refresh mind, body and soul as you wander from the serenity of our pool, to the calm of our Crystal Steam Room, Meditation Room, or our brand new traditional outdoor log sauna.
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Lovely staff, wonderful facilities and great massages !!! Highly recommended. Visited in April 2014 !

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Having read previous reviews I was really looking forward to my trip. To say I was disappointed is an understatement. Parts of the Spa need updating and are shabby, the supposedly warm beds in the relaxation room were cold and certainly not relaxing, embarrassingly loud noises come from the steps when you get in and out of pool, was asked to share a very small locker between 2 of us, robes were not very soft...overall felt like everything done on a budget. Paid extra for a foot treatment which was very disappointing as out of a 25 minute treatment only 5 of those minutes were spent on my feet and the rest of the time I got a scalp massage (which was not mentioned in the literature. We had planned to go for a meal after the spa day but as I had lots of oil in my hair from a scalp massage that I did not ask for I looked too untidy and ended up going straight home. On the plus side lunch was good and facial was lovely. Overall though I would not go again.

1  Thank Esh8991
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I took my mother here for a mother and daughter spa day. £105 for both of us to have 3 hours in the relaxation rooms, and a full body massage each. so great value! we also got lunch which was lush! the girls in the spa were lovely and friendly and the treatment therapists (i think were called abi and hannah) were fantastic! definately recommend!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I visited the Spa on my own last week for the first time. I have two young children so just needed to have some "me time!" I booked on the day to have a deep tissue massage & shellac. Both the therapists ( I think Dawn & Sarah ) were fantastic! Both very professional yet they made me feel at home considering I was on my own.
I then decided to stay & use the Aqua Rooms which for £16.00 was great value. I also upgraded to the lunch package for a further additional £10.00 - this was delicious!
I was extremely impressed with both the facilities & the staff
I will definitely be back!!

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Arrived at alton towers spa to a very busy reception area had to wait to be seen which was fine but nobody seemed to know what they were doing. We entered the locker rooms which are so dark and dingy and aren't maintained through the day at all by the looks of it. Toilet roll all over the floors, rubbish over-flowing in the bins and people's used towels and slippers strewn around. As if this wasn't bad enough the locker we were given already contained someone else's things!! Went back to reception to be told they had no more keys so we would have to use the master key and ask at reception when we needed to enter our locker.

We were shown round the facilities which were lovely, the variety is great and they have lots of things to do.

While we were having a tour of the facilities we were told to sit in the conservatory and ask at reception for drinks if we should require them. We did so and the girl that served us was very helpful and polite. I did comment to my mum how the tables hadn't been wiped though and had rings on them from various drinks. At this point some members of staff came to set up for their prosecco evening without wiping any tables and just threw cloths over them - my mother and I sat there in amazement at this!

We had the face and body treatment while we were there and again it felt like the member of staff didn't know what they were doing, the massage was more like a rub and not at all relaxing because it was so rushed.

I don't know if they had over-booked themselves as looking at other reviews this place seems to be a hit but on this day it certainly was not. The staff didn't seem to know if they were coming or going and were so disorganised leaving us rather disappointed. It is a shame as the variety of facilities here are great it was just the service that really wasn't at it's best.

3  Thank Rachel C