“Disappointed This Time”

Courtyard Atlanta Airport West
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in East Point
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I stay here a lot and normally they are excellent. Tonight, I'm disappointed. Check in was awkward. Front desk was distracted and inattentive (a first); no points, no offer from the market, no acknowledgement of elite status. Went to the bar--no red wine. Not just not the kind I prefer; I can live with that. No red at all. Unacceptable. Bartender was great and frustrated also. C'mon management. Pay attention.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank mikebaer

Reviewed 3 March 2014

My wife and I were delayed on our airline flight and were forced to stay overnight in the Atlanta area. Delta Airlines was less than helpful. We were forced to stay at a hotel that recommended by the airline, but wasn’t even listed at the hotel pickup area at our own cost.

Fortunately, Rodney, a transport driver from Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Airport West, offered to drive us to this hotel, even though this wasn’t his responsibility. We were so impressed, and knowing the Courtyard Marriott name, we had him make reservations for us to stay at their hotel instead even though the cost was slightly more. Rodney had a terrific attitude and was extremely accommodating.

Once we arrived at the front lobby, we met with Darrius who was just as helpful. His welcoming and relaxing demeanor made us feel at home. He provided us with directions for choices of dinner and places where we could purchase some clothing for the next day (since are luggage was lost by the airline). He even offered to have Rodney take us where we needed to go nearby.

Although we had a short turnaround time to get back to the airport, the hotel accommodations were clean and inviting. We checked out and spoke with Diane. Once again, she was friendly and had a great smile. Even though it was only 4:30 AM, she was bright and cheery and offered us something to drink even though the breakfast area wasn’t even open yet.

Finally, we were transported back to the airport by another gentleman. I can’t recall his name, but he was quite sociable and we talked in depth about professional football.

To summarize, my wife and I have stayed in dozens of hotels over the years, but Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Airport West exceeded our expectations. The employees were friendly, helpful and concerned with our needs. When we return to the Atlanta area I assure you we’ll stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Hubby and I arrived into ATL about 10pm after returning to the US from New Zealand and we were zombies. SO glad to easily get from our remote parking lot then just across I-285 to get to the hotel. We were checked in quickly and professionally. After quick showers we were sound asleep in very, very comfy beds by 1145pm. We weren't bothered by any noise from the airport, other guests or anything and slept like stones.

We went down for breakfast about 915am and things were pretty picked over, so I appreciated we were only charged from one person.

I don't normally need a hotel when I am in Atlanta, but if I ever need to stay near the airport again I will check for a room here first.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank NNMinAL
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I spent one night at the Atlanta Airport Courtyard West. The hotel is clean and check in was efficient. My challenge was with access and communication. Please consider the context. It was 9:30 PM, raining, I had just misconnected, was offered no meal or hotel vouchers. I booked the hotel at Marriott.com (I am lifetime Platinum). The hotel was reasonably priced and had an airport shuttle.

First, I called several times asking about the hotel shuttle. I waited over a half hour. The front desk person said he tried calling the driver but the driver wasn’t answering. Fast forward: once on the shuttle, it took over 20 minute to arrive at the hotel. The driver had picked up two other passengers staying at hotels that were not on the shuttle route. I understand but I think I should have been dropped off first. Instead, I was last. Then, on the way to drop me off, he got a “shuttle call.” He asked me if I was in a rush. Again, I understand. But, I wanted to get to the hotel. I had to catch the 6:30 AM shuttle back to ATL.

When we arrived at the Courtyard, the driver asked for a tip. I have no problems tipping. The problem was that I was down to my last dollar. He said “that’ll work.” Now I have only credit cards.

At check in, the front desk person was cordial and welcoming. I asked for and was offered complimentary breakfast. I arrived at the breakfast area at 6 AM and sensed that I had better confirm the breakfast. The new front desk person said “well, if it was offered to you, you can have it. But, he (the person who checked me in) shouldn’t have given it to you because it is not included in your rate.” I said that I asked for it because of my status and my difficult travel day. Her response: “it’s not included in your rate.”

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Courtyard3400, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Mr.Knight

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns about your recent stay with us.
We do appreciate hearing from our customers, as your comments are vital in continuing to improving our accommodations and level of service.

I have reached out to you via email and would love to speak with you directly to bring a positive closure to your concerns.
Thank you again for your comments Mr. Knight. All of us at Courtyard Marriott West appreciate your business and hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Management Staff

Reviewed 11 February 2014

This property is in excellent condition. The rooms are modern, comfortable, and clean. The beds are comfy and there is a small fridge in the room. The staff is very friendly, polite and will go out of their way to assure you have everything you need. Lots of choices at the breakfast buffet. The shuttle will take you anywhere in a 5 mile radius of the hotel and does so promptly. We never waited more than 10 minutes for the shuttle to pick us up when we called. Rupert is the best shuttle driver! Talk about an engaged employee who is all about customer service. He is a rare employee and the Courtyard is lucky to have him.
There was some airport noise on the entrance side of the property, but nothing unlike what you would find at any hotel close to a major airport. One of the best Marriott properties I have stayed at.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your response to your recent stay. We love hearing all feedback especially when we hear that a guest truly had a wonderful experience. I will definitely let Mr. Rufus our shuttle driver know he was spoken of in such high regards.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

I was very pleased with the room and facilities. Staff very nice and attentive. At least on my side (odd numbered rooms) there was a fair amount of aircraft landing noise (engines reversing) from the airport most of the time. Some hotels seem to manage this noise better, even when this close to the airport. Room was nicely appointed, although I prefer a closet to an armoire. There are lots of plugs, for those who have lots to recharge!

Room Tip: Next time I will try the EVEN side (away from airport)
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Mr Firth,

We appreciate the feedback given regarding your recent stay with us. I will definitely note on your profile for your next visit of even side. We always try and accommodate our guest when we can.
Hospitality is still alive and well here with the Courtyard west team.

Best regards,

Reviewed 30 January 2014

beside the fact that this Courtyard is brandnew and very modern and in excellent condition, the staff is super friendly and always willing to go the extra mile. I have stayed probably three times in this hotel and it's probably the best Courtyard I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Mr. Hans H,

Your recent response regarding your stay was wonderful. I remembered you from our recent snow storm. It is a pleasure serving you and we look forward to your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Point
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport West/Camp Creek Pkwy
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek
Rodeway Inn Norcross
Rodeway Inn Norcross
#19 of 37 in Norcross
Crossland Studios Atlanta - Jimmy Carter Blvd.
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North
Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway

Been to Courtyard Atlanta Airport West? Share your experiences!