“Outstanding, delicious food, especially the clam chowder!”
Review of Spondivits

Spondivits
Ranked #3 of 56 Restaurants in East Point
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Toledo, Ohio
“Outstanding, delicious food, especially the clam chowder!”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

There are 2 names listed for this restaurant, Spondivits and Spoondivits on Trip Advisor. It is the same restaurant.

I would have never tried this place, let alone noticed it, were it not for TripAdvisor reviews. It is a hole in the wall, with limited parking, and limited curb appeal. Once inside, it is loud and congested. All is forgiven once the food arrives!

I like to sample clam chowder whenever I go somewhere new; always looking for that elusive best ever clam chowder. Spondivits came VERY close to being the best I've had. It was simply outstanding. A little pricey for a cup of soup, but worth it!

They are known for their own breading recipe, so I had breaded fish and it was superb. My guest had a shrimp dish and was equally impressed. The portions are HUGE, but it is so good you hate to stop eating.

This restaurant is quite close to the airport and the Hilton Garden Inn on Bobby Brown Parkway if you happen to need a good hotel to stay at.

Visited January 2014

Toledo, Ohio
“WOW, delicious clam chowder, outstanding food!”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Visited January 2014
“Extremely Poor Service”
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

While visiting from Missouri we stumbled upon this restaurant. Lets just say southern hospitality did NOT exist here. I'm not sure which was worse, the poor serivce from our waitress and staff leaning on the back of my booth having extremely inappropriate conversations practicality the whole meal. When my meal arrived I was low on water. The waitress leaned against the wall talking to other staff members about their personal lives instead of filling up my glass. Finally after having an empty glass pretty much my whole meal I asked another waitress if she could find our waitress since I was out of water. She took it upon herself to bring me a refill. Lets just say the waitress who brought me the water got the tip.

2 Thank Kayla T
Tampa, Florida
“Fresh, overflowing seafood and drinks in a casual atmosphere”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Spondivits is an Atlanta tradition. The atmosphere is casual wood high-tops with a hole cut out to hold a tin bucket for crab shells and stuff you want off the table. It has a Indian Rocks beach, Crabby Bills feeling. They have a full bar and it is appreciated by customers. The seafood is overflowing. I saw platter of snow crab legs overflowing the plate. The Gumbo was huge and outstanding - filled with a variety of seafood $11. This place is known for very fresh seafood. Landlubbers might like the steak au poivre $30. Very tasty, but with a hint of mustard. Unusual, but still tasty. All appetizers start around $8 and go up to $12. Entree salads $10-13. Steamed seafood buckets $15-28. It often is very crowded with lines out the door and around the corner. Parking is extremely limited so cram in so you only have 1 car for the valet. Memorably fresh seafood for an inland location!

• Visited January 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“ehhh”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

pretty good food but pretty pricey. paid a little over $70 for two lunches, water and one mediocre long island.

Visited December 2013