“Good food, weird rules”

Spondivits
Ranked #3 of 56 Restaurants in East Point
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Memphis, Tennessee
“Good food, weird rules”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Food was great...not being able to get a table when you're only missing one person, not so great! Service was really good once we got our table.

Visited April 2014

Atlanta, Georgia
“Best New England Clam Chowder in Atlanta”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I have been coming to Spondivits since high school, and I basically come for the New England Clam chowder (with bacon and cheese), and King Crab leg bucket. The Clam chowder is one of the best that I have tasted and eaten, the creaminess of the chowder, perfect seasoning and the Clams make this a well known Classic in Atlanta! It tends to get crowded during the weekend and evenings so I usually go during the day to avoid the parking and ordering delays. I understand that seafood is flown in regularly and the quality is usually very good. Located in close proximity to the Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson Airport so it very convenient to people flying with lay overs or that are staying overnight.

• Visited April 2014
Midway, Georgia
“Not sure why everyone likes this place”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Not sure why everyone likes this place, It was just ok. It's tiny, you have to vallet your car. The center of the restaurant is a bar, and they supposedly specialize in seafood. I guess if you aren't used to eating seafood regularly on the coast, maybe it is good for ATL. It is a little pricey. I ordered crab cakes, and they sucked. No flavor, no seasonings. They charged me 28.95 for 2 crab cakes that looked like tiny dog biscuits. My sides were wrong, and when i got my potatoe, it was cold. Service sucked as well.

On the up side- my buddy ordered he blackened burger, and he really enjoyed it....

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank B S
Orlando, FL
“Not as good as the "hype"”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I heard quite a few good things about this place, but it wasn't all that great. We live near Savannah and have plenty of fresh seafood to choose from, so we were disappointed by the taste and quality of the shrimp and crab legs. However, we had family in town from Nebraska whom thought it was great ( they have NEVER had fresh seafood)

We are good tippers, but I do not like the 15% gratuity being added on automatically without being advised. We almost double-tipped! Our server didn't deserve it, but we are fair and would have tipped either way.

(+) Walking distance from airport area hotels on Virginia Ave.

(-) Mediocre seafood
(-) Seafood combo is mostly fries
(-) Really? No metal crackers for the crab legs?
(-) Less than satisfactory service

My husband visited this place a few times 3 years ago and we went , based on his recommendations. After this visit, he said he wouldn't go back.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank yabbott
Lawton, Oklahoma
“Great time!”
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

The wings are great! I had the fried oysters. Hot, quick service, and not overly expensive. Saturday afternoon was crowded. Great place and close to the airport.