“Excellent golf, excellent food and excellent accommodation.”

and 1 more site!
Cuscowilla on Lake Oconee
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Eatonton
Frondenberg, Germany
“Excellent golf, excellent food and excellent accommodation.”
Reviewed 25 August 2011

As I was on a business trip to Atlanta I was looking for a hide out where I could relax and play golf during a weekend. I got known to this beautiful resort after reading a list of the best courses you can play. The excellent course design was done by Ben Crenshaw the greens are legendary for their speed. The course could be easily walked what does not slow down the play. As well I have to mention the training center unfortunately all pros where booked for the weekend so I could not take a lesson next time I will book it in advance. I stayed in an apartment with a beautiful perspective to the 16th hole. I have had lunch in the clubhouse and dinner in the Waterside. The clubhouse offers all what golfers need: good food, cold beverages as well an excellent wine list and a very scenic patio. For dinner I choose the restaurant Waterside the dinner was more than delicious accompanied by a good glass of wine and an excellent dessert.

All in all this is one of the best places I have stayed, excellent golf, excellent food and excellent accommodation.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Thomas B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
atlanta
Reviewed 16 August 2011

What a beautiful location! The rooms are beautiful and well decorated. Our room overlooked the lake, had our own screened porch and kitchen. It was awesome.

However.... management is making a HUGE mistake in the way the property is managed.

* Internet didn't work for our room. The signal was too small. We could see other rooms but they were locked and the office (which you have to call by dialing full number) was not helpful at all. So, unfinished business could not be completed.

* The beds were VERY uncomfortable. Every time you moved, the bed squeaked really bad!

* The air didn't work properly. Even after leaving the air lower than 75, it would not budge.

Dinner was pathetic. The food was average at best but the service was TERRIBLE. We asked for more wine and it never came. Each time we checked on it, the wine was coming. This happened with anything we asked for. On a good note, the waitress and waiter were very nice... just inefficient.

I love this place! It is tucked away and the perfect place to get away and relax. We have been before and everything was much better. Hoping that this latest visit was a fluke!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank debtoe
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 8 June 2011

I recently spent 3 days and nights at Cuscowilla. The whole experience is amazing. The staff is friendly, accomodations spacious/clean, the 2 restaurants fast service/good food, and the golf bar none.

I spent the majority of the time at Cuscowilla playing golf. They have great practice facilities that are all complimentary. There is a clay sand bunker, just as on the course, to practice on. The driving range is vast with plent of room and endless pyramid of balls. There is a large chipping area with a variety of flags to hit and of course a large putting area to get a feel for the greens. The caddies used for non-members are mostly college students and very attentative. They work mainly as fore-caddies and do a great job taking care of you while on the course. Every green is also outfitted with industrial fans to dry the greens in case of showers.

A quick seperate paragraph regarding the course. The course is amazing. The fairways are secluded and wide. I felt comfortable on every hole, hitting the fairway and greens easily. The course is not incredibly difficult, however is very diverse and maintained from top to bottom. You encounter trees, water, sand, clay, brush and plenty of seclusion while on the course.

I would HIGHLY recommend anyone in or near Georgia make time to visit this Country Club, you won't regret it.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Georgia
Reviewed 28 May 2011

Just returned from my son's wedding at Cuscowilla and it was absolutely beautiful. It was outside on the point and the reception was at The Waterside Restaurant. We also had the rehearsal dinner and after party at The Waterside Restaurant. Everything was perfect. We could not have been more satisfied. The service was exceptional and our golf cottage was very nice and clean. Carrie, the Events Coordinator, went beyond the call of duty in every way to make our wedding go perfect and, it did. What a wonderful place. Thanks to all at Cuscowilla and especially to Carrie for a wonderful wedding weekend.

Room Tip: 3 bedroom golf cottage super nice!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 26 February 2011

Upgrade to a golf cottage if possible. I won a stay in a villa room, but my husband did not like it. We were allowed to add $ to my gc and get the golf cottage. Cottage seems like the wrong word--it was a beautiful new house. They have some for sale there too. If you play golf this is your place. I don't. I spent my time enjoying the beautiful home and relaxing. There is not alot around here outside the resort.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
Reviewed 9 August 2010

I just spent a couple days at Cuscowilla with my wife and my 5 year old daughter. We stayed in a 1 bedroom Lodge Villa. This is a combination of a golf and lake resort as the name suggests. It is important to note that all of the golf greens we closed for aeration, so the resort was not too busy.

We were very impressed when walked into our villa. It was very nicely decorated and had a kitchen stocked with dishes and untensils. The bathroom was huge and had a large shower along with a whirlpool tub. There was also a screened in porch and a large deck complete with a grill and a table that could seat 8. The units get cleaned daily which was very nice.

We did not get to spend more than 10 minutes in the lake, but there were docks if you decided to bring a boat and also a nice little area to go swimming. We did spend a great deal of time at the pool which was perfect for our daughter. The resort has a unique, zero-entry pool and a small 12" pool for the toddlers. This was a perfect pool area for younger kids.

We decided to eat at the resort and decided to try the bar and grill (apparently, the Waterside Restaurant is only open on Saturday nights, so that was not an option). We were not impressed with the dinner menu, so they brought us the lunch menu which had all the standard items. The service was great but the food was only decent.

Overall, I really enjoyed our stay and the resort far exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Andy0821
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 1 September 2009

Stayed here for a friends wedding. Would never have come to Lake Oconee on my own, but so glad we did! Cuscowilla is a beautiful neighborhood and the resort accomodations are outstanding. A great price if you share a lake house with several other couples (and there is MORE than enough room to do so!)

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank minutemaidlimeade
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eatonton
The Lodge on Lake Oconee
Fairfield Inn & Suites Milledgeville
Jameson Inn Greensboro
Jameson Inn Greensboro
#2 of 3 in Greensboro

Been to Cuscowilla on Lake Oconee? Share your experiences!