“Nice place just needs updating”

The Lodge on Lake Oconee
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Eatonton
Jacksonville, Florida
“Nice place just needs updating”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very nice and quaint area and the lodge is right in the lake. . We have stayed a few times and each time it's the same friendly staff and free breakfast Its a few miles from the town of Eatonton but it's clean and I feel very safe here

Room Tip: Upstairs is nice and really quiet . Not sure if pets are allowed before you go might want to call
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Greensboro, Georgia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

If your looking for a beautiful setting with lake access, this is the spot. The property is a lodge, not a 4 or 5 star hotel but offers good friendly folks working both at the front desk and on the floors. The breakfast is hot and pleantiful but again it is not Cracker Barrel. The pool and hot tub were a good place for the kids to unwind. The swing, benchs and boat dock are perfect for quite time. As long as you go knowing it is a lodge, on a beautiful lake with friendly helpful employees... you will have a great time as we did!

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side facing the lake should be your first request. Wake up to a beautiful veiw of...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Albany, Georgia
Reviewed 3 May 2014

On our recent stay we had booked a kids suite. Although the front lobby was very busy with people checking in we were quickly given our room keys and headed to room 310. Upon entering our room we noticed there were some things that housekeeping had missed. I dialed the front desk and Candy answered. She said she would be right up. Within 2 minutes she was in our room and offered to take care of the problem herself. Because of Candy's quick response and helpful attitude we will stay here in the future. Everyone can make mistakes but it's how you respond that matters. That made a huge impression on us. Thanks Candy for going above and beyond

Gaines Family

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Beth G
TheLodgeonLakeOconee, General Manager at The Lodge on Lake Oconee, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you for your comments and so pleased to hear that Candace responded to your request so quickly. I am very proud of the new team here at the Lodge.We look forward to serving you again soon.
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We are staying here for a wedding where rooms were reserved for a group rate. When I called to make a reservation, I was told that all of the 99.00 regular rooms were already booked. I could upgrade to a suite for 119.00. If this is a "suite", I would hate to see what a regular room looks like. The receptionist was pleasant, gave us some info about the area, and told us our room was ready early. We were pleased. Upon walking into the room, not a suite, it smelled bad, there was no soap for 2 of the sinks, no tub mat, and poop stuck in the toilet bowl. Obviously no one checks the rooms. I called and got service promptly. Was told they had new housekeeping staff. That is no excuse for not having the room checked. Also the stopper for the sink is stuck, so water doesn't drain from the sink. That stopper couldn't be repaired. A little later, I went to put some items in the little refrigerator, and it was running on the coolest setting, but hot and smelly. The freezer part had water and a piece of a plastic wrapper in it. I then turned on the bedside table lamp, and a bulb was missing. Again I called the guest services, and they came promptly. The lightbulb and refrigerator were replaced. Attention to details should be important to the owners of the property because it shouldn't be up to the guests to inspect a hotel room. The hotel is very tired and needs some renovation desperately. We would have stayed at the Ritz Carlton, as we are Marriott Rewards members, but it was over 600.00 per night, and this is in the country in the middle of no where. I wouldn't recommend The Lodge until they do some serious updating. I haven't stayed in a hotel with tube TV's in years. The beds have bedspreads on them, which we immediately removed. Hopefully the beds have clean sheets, but we haven't slept on them yet. The carpet is stained.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Leroy2010
Thank you for your comments. I did respond to your request immediately and your fridge and light bulb were replaced within five minutes of your request to the front desk. We have a new housekeeping team here at the Lodge and improvement is being made everyday. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you here on beautiful Lake Oconee.
Statesboro, Georgia
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I stayed two nights at this lodging to attend my best friend's wedding. The hotel itself was average. The continental breakfast was poor. Worst of all, we were practically reprimanded for taking a few bags of luggage out to our cars before formally paying our bill. Despite the fact that they already had my credit card on-hand if I had ducked out, they asked me to pay before walking outside and then began uppity when I said that I would come right back to pay my bill after dropping my bags off.

I would hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Neil M
TheLodgeonLakeOconee, General Manager at The Lodge on Lake Oconee, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
I am so sorry about your departure and I have spoken with the front desk agent that was working at the time .I do apologize for the inconvenience and I will make sure that it does not happen again .I do hope that you will return so that we may offer you better customer service.
Peter Curtis.
General Manager.
Newnan, Georgia
Reviewed 15 April 2014

First off, the lake Oconee area is simply beautiful. The hotel was very nice. My boyfriend and I decided to take a quick get away, to get away from the city, to the country. We went on a Monday to have a little peace and quiet. We got lost and called the hotel there was young lady named Gabby who was more than helpful and gave us perfect directions, we found the place with no problem after speaking with her. She was also there when we checked in and welcomed us ever so nicely. We went up to our room it was nice but seemed a little dusty (I have terrible allergies), we notified Front-desk (Gabby) she came up to our room with keys to allow us to take a look at another room. The room she took us to, was an upgrade. It was very nice with an amazing view of the lake country . It was also spacious and clean. We decided to stay in that room. Later we called to see where a great place to eat would be, she told us a couple of different options that were very close by and said that Silver Moon was awesome so, that's where we went. It was absolutely one of the best places I've been and I live in Atlanta. Later that evening, after returning to the hotel, my husband decided to go downstairs to watch tv. He told front desk that the coffee was cold so Gab made some fresh just for him. It's the little things, that made our stay so amazing. The breakfast was a very nice layout as well. All in all we enjoyed our stay at the hotel in beautiful lake Oconee. I was amazed because of some of the past reviews. But I definitely will be going back.

Room Tip: Choose a room with the view to the left of the hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your warm comments.
Peter General Manager.
Cartersville, Georgia
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Purple of wisteria, yellow of carolina jasmine, white dogwood blooms welcome you to lake Oconee. The lodge sits at the docks and lake. Great outside views. Friendly desk. Room has microwave and fridge comfort room and bed . Great hot breakfast included. Offers rental on water crafts including kayaks. As void Augusta masters as price triples. Pet and family friendly

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank rolsto314
Thank you so much for your positive comments. The new team here looks forward to welcoming you both back in the very near future.
Peter. General Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eatonton
The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee
Fairfield Inn & Suites Milledgeville
Hampton Inn Milledgeville
Hampton Inn Milledgeville
#1 of 10 in Milledgeville

Been to The Lodge on Lake Oconee? Share your experiences!