“SURVIVED”

Reviewed 24 October 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Our entire family recently attended a funeral in Elberton that required a one night stay.
This motel exceeded our expectations, based on some prior reviews. Our room was very clean, the bed was very comfortable, and the room featured a mini refrigerator, microwave, free wifi, and in-room coffee. A complimentary continental breakfast which, while not elaborate, was adequate to get us on our way. The staff members were friendly and professional.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 January 2012

If you have to stay in Elberton, this may be the best place. That being said be prepared for long nights of train at all hours, loud neighbors due to very thin walls and the occasional fracas with an intoxicated group of people and the police. If you can stay in Athens, Augusta, or Greenwood.

Room Tip: Find another hotel in another city.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Dan T
Reviewed 3 March 2010

I went there with my husband in the semi,his company is building a plant there.they knew we where going to be there and gave us a room that was not vaced,that was the first thing i notice.Then i go to the bed! Let me just say.... make sure u check the sheets! The girl at the desk was nice and gave us the suite room.That was ok but the water came out black for awhile, there wasnt no kleenex,or enough tp....The next morning the man at front desk heard about everything and did nothing but make excusses for his housekeepers,which i told him he should not do.Must be one of those out of country hotel owners....maybe????ikes We will go to another hotel,this is for sure!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank mocha002
Reviewed 14 October 2009

Our bass club made our reservations three weeks prior to our stay. We had booked three rooms four nights one room for three nights. When we arrived they had us at three rooms one night ,one room four nights. Desk clerk fixed the mistake so she said, next day we are locked out of our rooms. Down the front desk again this time a male desk clerk is going to fix it so the rooms are right. Now it is time to check out our bill was for six rooms at three nights and two rooms at four nights. With two diffrent billing agents used by Days Inn . We were just tired of the whole mess we told the clerk to ring us up for three rooms four night/one room three nights and thats all we were going to pay. what a total nightmere plus they still tried to bill for the four other rooms we never had.
We recommend Pay as you go reservations dont work with days inn. I allmost forgot no ice machine working, pool not working, large amounts of people one room,but only one cheks in.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 May 2009

I stayed at the Days Inn for a business trip for one night.

Service gets negative points because the front desk clerk broke one of the cardinal rules of hotels: never announce the room number out loud. I cringed when he told me out loud what my room number was. The only other people in the lobby were the people I was traveling with, so this wasn't as big a deal. Oddly enough, he never told me where my room was.

There are railroad tracks across the main road from the hotel. Several trains pass through in the middle of the night, repeatedly blowing their whistles. I slept soundly through the night, although my colleague a few doors down was woken up several times by the trains. Rooms towards the back of the hotel may be quieter.

The showers seem to have been designed for short people (I'm 5-11, and I had to stoop down a bit to use it). There were flies in the room when I arrived, although the room itself seemed fairly clean. My room was surprisingly spacious. The TV comes with your typical cable channels. I never did figure out the wireless Internet--there were two routers labeled Days Inn, but one was encrypted and one was not.

The free continental breakfast consisted of bananas, orange juice, milk, and assorted baked goods such as muffins. There was a computer in the lobby, probably for Internet access. The swimming pool looked rather small. Don't plan on getting any sort of workout from using the pool.

There are very few dining options around the hotel other than your typical fast food chains (McDonalds is next door, and there's Pizza Hut, Zaxby's, and Burger King close by). There is a mexican restaurant within walking distance to the hotel.

I would recommend this hotel only because there aren't that many other lodging options available in the vicinity. Athens was too far away, especially for a one-night trip.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elberton
The Samuel Elbert Hotel and Conference Center
#3 of 4 in Hartwell
Days Inn Royston
Days Inn Royston
#1 of 2 in Royston

Been to Days Inn Elberton? Share your experiences!