“Beautiful place just far enough off the beaten path!!!!!”
Review of Whitepath Lodge

Whitepath Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ellijay
Whitepath Lodge
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Just recently stayed there for a family reunion. It was perfect and we will definately be back!!!! The grounds and pool are amazing. The rooms were laid out so we all had plenty of space. They did ask us to close the door because the air conditioner was running but that was more than fair;-) Cute towns nearby for shopping and dining or you have kitchens if you want to cook. The staff were very helpful, providing plenty of information if needed but staying in the background to allow us to hang out together. Even though there were other guests it didn't feel crowded. There is even a great golf course next door. I didn't see recycling so we took ours with us so that would have been nice.

Room Tip: I'm not sure about handicap accessibility so it made it a little challenging for our older relat...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank fairytoes

Reviewed 24 February 2012

My church held a Women's Retreat at Whitepath Lodge. We had the most wonderful experience there! The owners greated us as we all unloaded off of the chartered bus and was so gracious to us. Van Strickland was always coming around asking if we were enjoying our stay and is there anything he could do for us. The facilities were above our expectations! The rooms were spacious and accomodating. The kitchens had all we needed for a weekend stay. The beds were firm and slept great and I was amazed at the how soundproof the rooms were, considering that we were a bunch of women laughing loud and having a good time. The grounds were so peaceful and serene. Beautiful deer came to visit us. The rooms were so clean and had a homey feel to them. I would recommend this Lodge to anyone needing to get away from the hustle and bustle and needing a little serenity in their life. I hope we all get to come back as a church in the summertime so we can enjoy all the summer activities surrounding Whitepath Lodge. My friend and I are going to bring our children back this summer if the church doesn't go. Thank you Whitepath Lodge for making it such a great trip for us!!!!

Room Tip: The Shenendoah is where I stayed and I couldn't ask for more! It was huge!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank JDPair
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Im part of a scrapbooking group (around 30 ladies/ mothers/wives and professionals).For the past 2 years we have been going to this Lodge from thursday to sunday on the last week of january. Every time that we are there the owner always find something to complain about our group, last time he wanted us to turn the lights in the craft room off early( some of us like to scrapbook all night), we have too much trash( yes we are scrapbookers and we also cook in there), the heater is another problem, the bonus room was locked because "you did not pay for it". The place is nice , but the owner goes above and beyond to screw you!!!!! yes I said it.
I will never come back to this place, they mislead custumers with their webside. Do not believe everything that you read in their site,

Room Tip: just don't go there
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank beauty8
Reviewed 9 September 2011

We had our first family reunion here for a 3 month old to a 91 year old 22 of us The place was perfect. The way the units are layed out we were all able to have a bathroom for our family and plenty of sleeping space. The grounds are gardens are beautiful. So nice to wake up, grab a cup of coffee, and sit on a rocking chair watching the sun come up in the morning. The owners were very accomodating and helpful. I can't say enough good things about the place, ALL OF US LOVED IT. Thanks again we had a faboulous time!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank woovez
Reviewed 27 August 2010

As a Corporate Event Planner, my clients and their guests LOVED this location. With spectacular view of the Blue Ridge Mountains, huge swimming pool, tennis courts, horseshoe pits and golf across the street - we certainly were able to keep everyone occupied. We had our meetings, meals with our own caterer and activities - all at one location. Bringing in our caterer eliminated the need to travel off property, supply transportation etc. and gave it a very special atmosphere. I know many of the guests will be staying with Bob and Vickie in the near future as a vacation as they were that impressed. The villas are spacious, fully equipped, very clean and comfortable - an excellent value. I am looking forward to the opportunity of bringing more clients to their location.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank SAW87
Reviewed 15 September 2009

This is a good place for a group to gather. The view is lovely. Be sure to get a room looking toward the mountains. That's what makes this place special. The owner does a great job with the plantings. He has put a lot of work into this place, and it shows in the flowers and shrubs.

They have a large meeting area and a huge pool. The tennis courts are not in super shape, so I wouldn't make that a centerpiece of the visit. But they are fine for a casual match. The tenth tee of the adjacent golf course is steps from the parking area.

The units in the lodge itself are very large. It's not luxurious, but it was very clean and creatively decorated with a nice mix of furniture. The folks I was with found it very relaxing. It's about a 10-minute drive to town.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Alabama
Reviewed 15 June 2009

Spacious accomodations, beautiful pool, huge kitchens and porches, washer/dryer, exceptional view!! What more would you want for a vacation in the North Georgia Mountains?? The golf course is within walking distance and there are several things for kids to do (basketball, horseshoes, tennis) in addition to swimming. We have stayed here several times - it's a favorite!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank JosieFranklinNC
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ellijay
Reid Ridge Lodge
Budget Inn
Budget Inn
#2 of 3 in Ellijay
No photo provided

Been to Whitepath Lodge? Share your experiences!