“Tispy Gypsies” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Martyn House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ellijay
The Martyn House
Ranked #1 of 3 Ellijay B&B and Inns
Longwood, Florida, United States
“Tispy Gypsies”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2012

What a great retreat! This was a girls trip for me, without husband and kids. I do a girls trip every year and usually to a big city, beach, or tourist town. I have to say I loved being nested in the woods and secluded from the hustle and bustle. We had 5 tipsy gypsies total and our hosts at The Martyn House were so gracious. The farm-to-table dinners were awesome as were the breakfasts. I would recommend this destination to anyone that likes great food and hospitality. The tents are so creative and comfy, beds and bedding were fantastic. I loved the campfire experiences and hanging out in JoAnn’ studio after dinner. Hope to see you glaming soon!!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2012

My husband and I have never been glamping and our experience at the Martyn House was wonderful. With indoor plumbing, it is as close to camping as I will get. Rick and JoAnn are entertaining hosts and fabulous cooks. Each meal was a treat and I would highly recommend the farm-to-table dinner. We felt very welcome. Three other couples were also glamping the same weekend. It was fun getting to know each one around a roaring campfire with s'mores. JoAnn even had a night time surprise for someone's anniversary. The weekend was a very relaxing retreat from city life filled with hiking and biking adventures. After touring Rick and JoAnn's indiviual workshops, I left feeling very creative and inspired. And the hisory of the property is interesting too.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

We selected early September so we could experience the Farm to Table dinner. Turns out there was so much to experience in addition to the wonderful dinner of incredibly fresh foods and wines from a local vineyard. The breakfasts were exceptional. Each morning there was a new and different extremely healthy entree. JoAnn and Rick are lovely, warm people and have created an almost surreal venue. We found Glamping very glamorous and comfortable. This is one adventure I will definitely repeat!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Atlanta GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2012

I celebrated my birthday with five friends and enjoyed it so much I wrote a blog about the experience. http://gocomics.typepad.com/7day_menu_planner/

I gave the experience 5 stars because every part of it was terrific: food, "rooms", hosts and surroundings. The place even has resident cats and dogs who are part of the welcome "committee." From all reports, everyone had a great time in the north Georgia woods.

Room Tip: All the rooms/tents are good. I have no favorite or ones to avoid.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

My husband and I loved EVERYTHING about the Martyn House. JoAnn and Rick both, were such amazing individuals. I can't begin to explain the warmth from them, their hospitality, generosity, and passion for what they do for others. They opened up THEIR home, and shared it with US, to explore. Our accommodations were so incredibly beautiful, (We had the Hummingbird Haven) tidy, clean, and COZY, not to mention our sweet and occasional escorts Maya, Grace, Ruby and
Essie! JoAnn & Rick truly went out of their way to make our mini vacation one we will NEVER forget. Did I forget to mention they are AMAZING chefs too! We will certainly be back...wish it could be tomorrow!

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank peachymomma
ft worth texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2011

From the moment we arrived we were welcomed and treated very well through out our stay. It was very relaxing. It was very cold in fact the coldest it has been since they opened but we were kept warm in the tent by the heater and outside by the warm fire pit. The breakfast's were unbelievable, very fresh, tasty and felt like it was gourmet and plenty of it both mornings. We did not do the dinners since we were out and about but the other guest said we really missed out on some great food. Next time we hope to do dinner. Enjoyed meeting other people and sitting around the firepit and having a great time. The time of year was beautiful with the fall colors, very nice.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
central florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2011

We had the best time Glamping. The "tents" are comfortable and homey. We went in late October when it was fairly chilly at night, and the heaters in the tents were more than adequate to keep us toasty warm. JoAnn and Rick are amazing people, talented artists, and remarkable hosts. We went during a Farm to Table dinner and that was awesome as well. The other Glampers were great people and we made new friends. The surrounding area was great for shopping, horseback riding, and just relaxing. We are already planning our next trip!

Room Tip: There are 4 spectacular "glamping" tents. They are all wonderful.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ellijay
BEST WESTERN Mountain View Inn
Seventy-four Ranch
Seventy-four Ranch
#2 of 4 in Jasper
Comfort Inn & Suites Blue Ridge

Been to The Martyn House? Share your experiences!