“my maiden trip with my newly purchases RV”

Diamond Lure Rv Park
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ellijay
Diamond Lure Rv Park
Newnan, Georgia
“my maiden trip with my newly purchases RV”
Reviewed 2 November 2012

what a wonderful trip. with the great hospitality of Martha, and the tour given by Ewing, and the hospitality of both Larry and Jody (other camper) my frist trip in my RV was awesome. My son and two of my grandson came down from NC and enjoyed catching Large Mouth Bass in a beautiful lake, the sunset over the lake was God's creation and the great colors of the trees and walking around the lake is so relaxing and brings you back to the beauty of our country.
thanks for all the assistance and knowledge that i have gained. i shall return and looking forward to sitting by the ring fire at night. Great Job.
New RV owner and camper.
George

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank george w

Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 26 June 2012

We visit a nearby farm and winery often (I'd say we're up this way at least once a month), and decided to check out this campground. We've been looking for a place to pull our camper that isn't too far from home. It was Sunday, around 12:30pm. There is a sign posted by the office that all visitors must check in, so we did. We met the owner, who quickly informed us that no one is allowed to check out the campground on Sundays because he doesn't want the campers disturbed while they're just getting up (did I mention it was after noon?). He said we needed to come during the week, to which I replied "We have jobs, that's not going to work". Fortunately we received a phone call and left.

How do you run, much less own, a facility like this without being at least a little bit hospitable? We also own an RV park, and treat our guests like extended family. We've invited some of them to dinner, introduced them to our friends, taken them to shows/events with us, they've come to church with us, and we receive their calls at all hours to ensure that they enjoy their stay. I couldn't imagine being so rude to the folks that support our livelihood. I read another review that stated a family was made to leave for fishing after 9pm, seems likely based on the encounter I have.

So we won't come back, and more importantly, we won't recommend any of our guests try out Diamond Lure either.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
9 Thank R C
Dawsonville, Georgia
Reviewed 13 June 2011

We came here because we had decided to take our kids camping for a month because I work in Ellijay and it was closer for me and my kids and husband would get to have fun. Well after being there for a week with no problems been having a great time we went fishing lost track of time and was out past nine o'clock which was quiet time. We were asked to stop fishing which we did and went back to our motorhome. The next day the manager and the owner came to our campsite and made us leave the campground for fishing after nine. No apologies could be gave the owner wouldn't even shake my husband's hand. They were the rudest people I have ever meet in my entire life. They made my children start crying because they didn't want to leave and the people still did not want to hear anything we had to say. If you have children and plan on having fun while camping stay away from this place. I hope no other parent has to see the sadness and dissappointment on their child's face.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank cyp1619
Reviewed 21 July 2010

We camped here in our motorhome. It's a very quiet out of the way place on Ellijay. There are several long termers, and their sites ate immaculate. The grounds are on a beautiful lake. The site was $40 for the night, the most we've paid on our three week trip. The host is very lovely. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank Moerose
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ellijay
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jasper
#2 of 4 in Jasper
Stratford Motor Inn
Stratford Motor Inn
#2 of 3 in East Ellijay

Been to Diamond Lure Rv Park? Share your experiences!