“Tasty Cajun Food, Terrific Atmosphere”
Review of Cajun Depot Grill

Cajun Depot Grill
Ranked #6 of 62 Restaurants in Ellijay
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 2 August 2014

The Cajun Depot Grill, right next to the train tracks in Ellijay, Georgia, is a wonderful, affordable restaurant with a tasty menu of Louisiana-inspired classics, swift and attentive service, and a comfortable atmosphere. I was very happy with the crawfish etouffee and three sides. My wife thought her Chicken Louise tasted very good, but wished the sauce had been thicker, more seasoned and stayed on the pasta better. We were both much too full for dessert, but will be coming back. I want to go the crawfish route again, but fried next time!

There are newer reviews for Cajun Depot Grill

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

This was by far the best seafood place I have ever eaten. Cute little depot with very quaint decor. We will be back

Reviewed 7 July 2014

This was my 2nd vacation trip to the Georgia mountains and I just Loved the Cajun Depot!!! Each time I visit I try a new dish. But my favorite summer lunch meal was the Blackend Shrimp Greek Salad! And of course the Sweet Tea! The ribs were spicy and melted off the bone. Yummy Yummy!! I'm not a fish eater but LOVE the shrimp!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I had the andouille sausage poboy, and walked away with a smile on my face and a very filled feeling. Real southern hospitality, too.

1  Thank LawyerJim
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Shortly after our October 2012 trip to this restaurant - which I reviewed - we tried again. That time - not only was the service pathetic - but the food was wretched as well!

As much as we had enjoyed the restaurant in the past - we concluded we would probably never return...

Last Saturday afternoon - we found ourselves near Ellijay. Having read several recent positive reviews - we decided to give it another try.

I am pleased to report -- T H E Y ' R E...B A C K !!!!!!!

We were greeted in the lobby by an extremely friendly, energetic young lady who immediately acknowledged our presence and assured us she would seat us in as soon as she finished finalizing another transaction at the register. True to her word - we were seated within a minute and enjoyed some of the best service we've had anywhere.

The restaurant started to fill up - and our server was alone for a period of time - as she explained that another server had to leave the premises. I can assure you - no one suffered! She was ultra-efficient and attentive to the entire restaurant. We were provided timely food service - drink refills - smiles - and just an overall upbeat attitude. When the other server returned and it was apparent that both of the young ladies were equally committed to providing exceptional service.

But equally as important - the food was simply spectacular again!

It was fresh - seasoned beautifully - and perfectly cooked. Every aspect of the meal was simply outstanding!

Suffice to say - not only the Cajun Depot Grill is back - but we will be too! VERY VERY SOON!

4  Thank Marilyn B

Been to Cajun Depot Grill? Share your experiences!