“A diamond in the rough”
Review of Afghan Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Afghan Grill
Cuisines: Pakistani
Reviewed 21 December 2011

I tried the Punjab Grill after reading the prior reviews on Trip Advisor. I tried the chicken samoas with the Tamrin and it was very tasty. I also had the chicken byrani with medium spices which was very good also. This restaurant is family-owned and operated (a big plus) with family recipes and truly hospitable service. I will definitely return to this gem of a restaurant.

1  Thank TallTrainer
There are newer reviews for Afghan Grill
Reviewed 17 July 2011

We sat upstairs and if our server wasn't fit before he began his job he probably will be as everything had to be carried up. The samosas may be the best I've ever had. Note: there was no liquor licence when we visited in May 11. Don't know if this has changed or will do so.

2  Thank BrentFinch
Reviewed 1 May 2011

This new little restaurant opened in a non-descript strip mall recently. Unfortunately it has very limited hours -- doesn't open until 6pm but it is definitely worth the wait. The place is a family run business - the father is teaching his son all the authentic recipes, and the daughter waits on the tables. These folks are really dedicated; they all have full time jobs and arrive only a few minutes prior to opening time. My advice is to not show up until 7pm and you will have good service and fantastic tasting food. My husband and I ordered the samosa's for an appetizer. A steal at only $2.95 for four. They were served with a tangy tamarind sauce. Yum! For our entrees, I had the chicken tikka and my husband had the chicken kadai. Both were served with wonderful onion fried rice, naan bread, and a choice of either curry potatoes or lentils. We took an order of chicken biryana home with us to try the next day. Best biryana we've had outside of India. The spices are just hot enough to let you know you are eating cuisine from another culture (smile). All the entree items are reasonably priced and served with good portions. I hope everyone at least goes once to try this unique restaurant so it stays in business. Several other restaurants serving similar type food in the area have opened in the past couple of years, but none as outstanding at this one.

4  Thank cathyd