“OK for a quick Breakfast”
Review of Evans Diner - CLOSED

Evans Diner
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ponca, Arkansas
“OK for a quick Breakfast”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Nothing fancy as in MOST Diners, What I mean is this is the South's Answer to a NE US Diners. Norman OK Service, Normal Food. I love Diners, have been to 100's from coast to coast... This one I would not drive out of the way for!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Dontigger

Grovetown, Georgia
“Don't Do It”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

My husband and daughter used to go on Thursday's occasionally for the meatloaf special. They used to think the meatloaf was really great, but over time they both thought "something was different” with the texture and serving size of the meatloaf. Plus, the service really started to change for the worse. Anyway, after about a 2-year absence they thought they would try it again today. They were greeted when walking through the door and were promptly waited on by Kelli. Here is where their visit starts to go downhill quickly. There weren’t many people in the diner and it shouldn’t have taken as long as it did to get one order of meatloaf (they split the order) and a side of French fries with gravy on the fries. They were sitting at the counter near the register which gave them a clear view of the kitchen and the counter where the food is placed when ready to be picked up. The kitchen staff was working on what appeared to be a breakfast order for a group of 4 or 5 people. Finally, their meatloaf along with the 2 sides and the fries with gravy was placed on the pickup counter beneath the warmer. Their food sat there and sat there while all of the servers (including Kelli) walked past it and just left it there. So, after nearly 10 minutes my husband stopped a different server and told her about their order sitting there for close to 10 minutes and asked her to bring it to them. When she brought it to the counter she tried to give them another person’s meatloaf order as well. My husband e told her it was just the one order and not both. Finally, a man sitting next to our daughter spoke up and said that was his order. No apologizes from anybody for the extended delay. Kelli never did check back with them other than to give them their bill. By the way, my husband was charged $1.50 for the gravy on his fries. You’ve got to be kidding me. Charging somebody $1.50 for a scoop of gravy on fries! What’s next? Are they going to charge $1.50 for gravy on my daughter’s mashed potatoes? Or is the $1.50 “factored in” the price for the meatloaf special with 2 sides for nearly $7.00? As far as the service goes, most fast food restaurants at least make an effort to provide good service. Having prepared food sit there for such a long time is completely unacceptable. Having so many servers walk past it and not even make an attempt to serve it is unacceptable. Not even one single server considering making an apology is unacceptable. However, at least one server had enough time to stand by the register talking with a rather tall gentleman about his wife getting “run over by their 2 dogs and hurting her ankle.” This same man talked to another server about getting the Christmas card he left for her. By the way, this was the same server that my husband stopped and asked her to bring their food. So, about $12.50 later they left remembering why it had been about 2 years since they ate there.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Darla I
“Nothing earth shattering”
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Typical dinner fare. Nothing spectacular but adequate. Prices were as expected. We paid 20 dollars for 2 breakfast plates. I guess the biggest draw for me was the look and feel of the place.

Evans, Georgia
“Horrible Customer Service”
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I have never been inside of the Evans Diner before before today. I walked into the door and there were a lot of people inside. No one spoke to me. At least 5 people employed there walked past me and I was completely ignored. After about 5 minutes past a Caucasian group of people walked in, they were told they could find a seat any where, and I was still waiting to be greeted. I am an African-American woman, and to be blatantly ignored and disregarded is horrible. I I was very disappointed and will never go back nor recommended this place to any one.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Lenci B
Augusta, Georgia
“NEVER EAT HERE!!!”
Reviewed 1 February 2013

This is the worst restaurant in GA. The food was terrible!!! The bathrooms smelled like pee, and there is not hot water. With no hot water how does the chef wash his hands after going to the restroom? I ordered the "big" classic burger which was a premade, frozen patty at best. My wife ordered the daily special which really translated into what ever food was going to go bad soon is served to get rid of it. While the food was being prepared we actually heard the chef say he didn't want to serve the potatoes for some reason. We then heard the owner say not to worry and that she would make it "work"!!!! This place is garbage and needs to be closed down NOW. DO NOT EAT HERE!!!!!!

• Visited February 2013