“Pleasant front desk and nice breakfast.”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fairburn
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Fairburn
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Enjoyed this hotel. The front desks was very accommodating as we were adjacent to a crying infant and requested to be relocated. They were apologetic. Fresh baked cookies awaited us each afternoon and the breakfast was nice. The usual biscuits, sausage, oatmeal, yogurt and assorted cereals were offered. Rooms were clean. Parking was ample and safe. Several restaurants in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Corwin B, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fairburn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear Susan, we are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your business, and we thank you for taking out the time to provide feedback regarding your stay. We hope to see you again should your travels bring you this way. Once again thank you for your business and have a great day!

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fairburn

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Don’t stay here!!! What they don’t tell you is they have high theft in the area. In addition, to the bugs in the room and just as a side note when we complained the front desk said I have a hard time with bugs in my home as well. What does that have to do with our experience? We came out on a beautiful Sunday morning and our DuallyTruck was stolen. Unbelievable! Then we discover that random abandoned cars stay in the parking lot for periods of a time. When we asked the front desk clerk why they don’t take notice or interest in their parking lot they told us that they are not allowed to check the parking lots per the GM, Cren. When have you ever heard of that? The police said they contacted the FD Manager about two weeks ago regarding the random cars in the parking lot and never got a response.
Country Inn states there has not been any theft in the area...but they didn't even take the time to make their other customers aware who were still currently checked into the hotel. Yes, it may be embarrassing but make them aware so they can be mindful. I guess it’s all about business and money. We weren't even offered a refund on our stay. And now we are praying that the hotel security cameras work...oh by the way not one staff member knows how to work the cameras. Which means they don’t understand their own security system? We were told that we have to wait until a detective comes to work on Monday in order to view the tapes because not even the owner knows how to work the cameras. Which means you could be assaulted on this property and no one would have proof because the staff doesn’t know anything about their camera system and you would be waiting for the police. SMH I guess when you travel out of town you might want to consider the Hilton Garden Inn or Holiday Inn Express right down the road. I also found out that this hotel participates in a voucher program where they allow people who are homeless that are awaiting section 8 or subsidized housing to stay in the hotel. What happens is the state pays for the people and the hotel accepts them. While you (the customer) are paying the going rate the state is paying a standard rate which means the regular customers and their children are at risk of being subjected to all sorts of riff raff and criminal suspects. All homeless people aren't bad by any means but you could definitely tell there were some suspicious characters. Also, the FD Manager is rude had us waiting and the police waiting for three hours on the property and then when she got there complained that it was her day off and she needed to get her Lexus truck fixed but meanwhile our truck was stolen. When we said we wanted to talk with the GM, she tried to change her tune. All in all it was disaster. Fairburn is a nice town and the police were helpful...it’s such a shame that there is a slum lord hotel owner pretending to be good hotel instead of making a quick buck. Do yourself a favor and don't stay here they are indecently owned so they don’t abide by the Country Inn & Suites corporate standards. I would hate for you and your money to be S.O.L 10/19/2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Virgie S
Corwin B, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fairburn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Dear Virgie, On behalf of our entire staff we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this Hotel. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations. Thank you for your Business and we hope you have a great day!

Reviewed 3 October 2013

We often stay at Country Inn and Suites. This one meets up with all others. The one outstanding aspect was the scrambled eggs at breakfast. Unlike others, these were real eggs cooked very well.

The one negative, was the air in the room. Hard to get the right temperature and that made the room stuffy. Not uncommon with most hotel rooms.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2013

My wife an I spent the 13th - 15th Of September at the Fairburn Country Inn & Suites and it was the most comfortable stay I think Ever, The staff was EXCELLENT and the Breakfast was Very good. The King Suite we stayed in was very quiet and clean, In fact the room was so peaceful we caught up on alot of sleep.

Thank you Country Inn & Suites of Fairburn Ga.

Tim & Deb S.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tsweetsir

Dear Tim and Deb, First of all thank you for your business. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. On behalf of the entire staff we thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again should your travels bring you this way. Once again thank you for your business!

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Our house didn't have power, so we decided to go find a hotel. We decided to give the Country Inn a try, since we are huge fans of Country Inns when we travel. This Country Inn was very nice. The staff was friendly and helpful. Our room was clean, and the beds were really comfortable. Breakfast was also very good with a lot of choices. We even took sometime to swim in the pool, and enjoyed it. There is also some restaurants nearby, including Cracker Barrel. so this hotel is in a great location. Overall, we enjoyed our stay. Whenever our house has problems, and we can't sleep inside the house that night. We'll definitely plan to stay at this Country Inn.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Corwin B, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fairburn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

James I first would like to thank you for your business. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again should you need us. Once again thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your business.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

I am a person who never write reviews, but my experience here has been bothering me since I left. I checked in on August 9, 2013 and stayed one night. I spilt the cost with my daughter who was my roommate. We checked out on August 10, 2013 which was a Saturday. Upon check out we received a receipt which showed how much was charged to our debit cards. ( looking at the receipt everything looked right) On Monday August 12, 2013 I decided the check my balance in my checking account when I noticed that my debit card was charged a total of 3 times. When I called the hotel to speak with them about the charges, all I got was attitude about my money. I asked to speak with a manager and her attitude was worst than her employees. No one could explain to me what happen or why it happen all they told me is that they would have it back in my account the next day or two. Well today is August 18, 2013 and I'm still waiting on my money. When I spoke with my bank on August 14, 2013 they advised me that they show no deposits pending. Everytime I call the hotel they tell me the same thing over and over that it has been taken care of and have the nerve to give me attitude about my money that they had no right to take from the beginning! I will never stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Yolanda H
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fairburn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention. We understand the inconvenience an unexpected charge can cause. Please contact Carlson Hotels Corporate Customer Care directly if you require additional assistance in this matter.

Reviewed 18 May 2013

Country Inn & suites is simply awful the tub was dirty there was a pile of dust behind the door and there was a pubic hair on the floor, they did change my room but I was

into a suite NOT a double... last year the hotel was wonderful this year less than satisfactory the staff are clueless and just simply don't care, make the walk over to the Sleep inn.. It'll be well worth it!!

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank metschic
Corwin B, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fairburn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

On behalf of the enire Country Inn and Suites Family I would like to first thank you for your business. We appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback.We will always use our guests feedback to get better as a staff. Once again thank you for your business and have a great day.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairburn
Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Airport Fairburn
Best Western Plus Fairburn-Atlanta Southwest
Hampton Inn Atlanta-Fairburn
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Atlanta Southwest-Fairburn
Quality Inn, Union City
Quality Inn, Union City
#4 of 10 in Union City
La Quinta Inn & Suites Union City

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fairburn? Share your experiences!