Durker Roods Hotel
Old Bridge Inn(Holmfirth)
Edgerton Hotel(Huddersfield)
Cambridge Hotel(Huddersfield)
View Hotel
All reviewsdurker roodsevening mealwedding coordinatorpeak districtsalmonwedding venuesummer winefamily roompleasant stayfull english breakfastfunction roomshort breakwedding breakfastfrom start to finishsunday lunchbirthday partyexcellent value
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Stayed here for two nights while I was working in the area. Friendly staff, clean rooms and good food in the restaurant. Rooms could be cleaner because the carpet was never properly vacuumed, and the tables were dusty, but apart from that nothing bad to say. The rear garden areas look lush and beautiful so would like to stay here during the summer!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank tomandjerrytwins
Reviewed 7 March 2013

I booked a table to take my Mother for an early Mother’s day lunch, as you can probably guess by the title, neither of us was disappointed.
We were met in reception by a delightful member of staff. Due to arriving earlier than expected we had a drink in the bar. The staff was so attentive; our needs were met without fuss. The receptionist, manager and waitress were all superb despite being rushed off their feet.
The decor, as mentioned in previous reviews is a little dated. Seating is comfortable and the dining area in the bar is spacious and overlooks the car park and grounds.
We decided to order from the Al a carte menu as it was for a special occasion, though I did note that they were offering an "early bird special" which offered 2 courses for just £6.95.
The food... I can't think of a word to best describe how bloody amazing the food was!!! It exceeded my already high expectations; our starters consisted of Pate and toast (for mum) and the classic prawn cocktail for me. Everything was fresh, homemade and totally scrumptious. For main we had the "2 way pork"... This was an absolute pleasure to eat. The chef is certainly a great asset to the hotel. My mum had dessert which she claims to be the best Bake well tart she'd ever eaten. Portion sizes were ample and everything we ate tasted fantastic. We had two glasses of wine and two orange juices, our bill came to £45!!! For the food and service we received during our visit I'd have happily paid more than that. Personally I think we got a complete bargain!
So if you want to receive incredible service, while eating amazing food in such a beautiful location I suggest you give Durker Roods a try... I fail to see how anyone could be disappointed!
We will definitely be coming back!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Shaun T
Reviewed 1 January 2013 via mobile

this is the third time we have stayed at durker roods and it definitely seems to have had some renovation since our last visit.
we always find the staff very friendly and helpful, food has always been good , if not the most adventurous of menus
we stayed in the main house previously but this time we were in the more modern extension to the right, first impressions were good but the walls were very thin and we could here the conversations and 'goings on' of the couple in the next room very clearly !!! there were cobwebs in the corners of our room but apart from that they were clean and tidy

overall we like the staff and feel of the hotel and grounds very much and it is very well situated for our needs, but i dont feel its quite as good as the price suggests it should be!
we would definitely stay again but would do so more often if they offered more for our money or was more competitively priced

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank vwmtbmxc
Reviewed 1 January 2013

We booked accommodation and the meal, when we arrived we were given the bridal suite as we had got married there Nov 2012. This was a fantastic surprise to us and the evening got better, the food was fabulous the staff were brilliant and the disco was super. Overall it was a fantastic night and one of the best New Year celebrations I have had in a long time. Brekfast was again very good with beautiful fresh produce. We will definitely be returning again in the very near future, many thanks to the manager and all the staff at Durker Roods Hotel

Room Tip: I have stayed in the bridal and other rooms and they have all been good
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 December 2012 via mobile

We booked for 10 people for NYE at forty pound each. Bit disappointed by how close the tables were, but this ended up to not be a problem.
The food was buffet style and the bar was brilliant.
We had a great night with a brilliant DJ. We thought this was a great night until we ended up at the bar having our final drinks. My husband was tipping a waitress, for her fantastic service all night, when a very abrupt woman came to the bar and shouted at our waitress for having our tip. I think initially we couldn't hear her but we generally think this was disgusting, she was an excellent waitress and matters like this should be dealt with behind doors.
Overall, we enjoyed our night but it was disappointing to see/hear how the excellent staff were treated.

• Stayed: January 2013