“Give it a miss”
Review of The Rose Cafe

The Rose Cafe
Cuisines: European
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Very small portions, tasteless, Ordered turkey + ham, microwaved beyond repair, hard veg, staff civil enough, nice enough atmosphere.

1  Thank mumandc0
weejohn77, Owner at The Rose Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2015

Are you sure you have the right place?

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Ordered a kids meal to share between my two1yr old boys. The waitress brought us two drinks which I thought was a nice touch. However the kids burger and bap was rock hard and when I complained the waitress apologised and said she wouldn't charge me for the second drink which I thought was free and was definitely not ordered. Nice touch not charging me for something I didn't want. Won't set foot in this cafe again. we had been regulars but we will be tellin everybody we know about this

3  Thank LNJohnston09

I am disappointed you had such a bad experience in our cafe, We do make mistakes as every one does, but the waitress apologized, changed the kids meal immediately and didn't charge you for the drink. If you had been a regular, you would know as a small family business, in a village, we try very hard to get it right, because we depend on repeat customers.
I think telling everyone how bad it was and never setting foot in the place again, is a little overreaction!

Reviewed 30 October 2013

The Rose Cafe makes one feel right at home. My wife and I are from The United States and were staying in the area when we visited the cafe for dinner. The food was good, the prices reasonable, and the management and staff extremely friendly. We returned because of the good experience. This is the type of establishment`that will encourage tourism to the area.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

This is a cafe on the main street in Portglenone, its not very big or very enthusiastic on their food. Not much can be said sadly.

2  Thank luv2travel495

The size i'm afraid we can do nothing about, but we do try hard with our food, changing the menu regularly, offering healthy and gluten free options with daily specials and all meals tailored at no extra charge to your requirements.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Gluten free menu was excellent and it is very hard to get a whole meal that you like which is gluten free. Staff were so helpful.