“No elevator!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Fitzgerald
Byron, Illinois
“No elevator!”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I had made reservations for three people several weeks in advance. Two beds, non smoking. Arrived at hotel and checked in and was directed to room via the stairs. I have a broken foot and said I needed an elevator. They don't have an elevator. The clerk said they had a handicapped room on first floor with a king bed. That wouldn't work, so my friends and I went looking and did find a room on the ground floor with two beds. Hotel we stayed in, Western Inn, was not as nice and the room smelled of stale cigarettes. (Don't stay there). Went back to the Quality Inn to cancel and they were very nice about not charging the cancellation fee and removed the room charge from our credit card. I have stayed in Choice Hotels and was surprised they did not have elevators. But front desk clerk said it had not been a Choice Hotel very long, it used to be a Holiday Inn Express. (when I booked room, I did not have a broken foot, so I didn't know to ask for a handicapped room)
So if you are handicapped and can't climb stairs, be sure to book a first floor room!! :)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Sachin G, Owner at Quality Inn Fitzgerald, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Feedback from our guests is very important to us. Your input helps our efforts to provide a better service and a nicer stay for our future guests. Thank you again for sharing your experience. It is always a learning experience when receiving both the positive as well as the not so positive. We hope your next visit will be better and a much more pleasant than the previous one.

Kevin Clady - General Manager and Sachin Gaya Owner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
White Plains, New York
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This hotel has been recently renovated - so do not let the few things that still need done keep you away. The duct tape on the hand rail and the foam cup that held the door with more tape kinda scared me on the way up the stairs. But the room is beautiful and very very reasonable.

Jason is the best clerk we have had since staying at the Bellagio in Las Vegas and it was NOT reasonable. LOL
I hope they keep improving - and we will stay here again!!!

Room Tip: To get the best price you can stay on the second floor - they have no elevator. We are in room 22...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Sachin G, Owner at Quality Inn Fitzgerald, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We appreciate and value your feedback. We will share it with Jason and the team. We as a team strive to continuously improve the guest experience. It is always a pleasure to receive and review positive feedback.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one as we polish up our finishing touches.

Kevin Clady - General Manager and Sachin G.
Tallahassee, United States
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Was at the Heritage Festival in Fitzgerald Nov. 9th and needed a good place to stay after a long day. Must say I was impressed with the location, quality of rooms and overall quality of the property. Great location as well.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Richard H
Sachin G, Owner at Quality Inn Fitzgerald, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Thank you for staying with us! We are very happy we were able to provide another excellent experience and hope we have the opportunity to do so again. Thanks again for choosing the Quality Inn Fitzgerald.

Warmest Regards,

Kevin Clady
Mauk, GA
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stayed 2 nights during the recent festival we attended as vendors. This was our 2nd stay with this hotel. Rooms were clean and a/c worked great! Staff was different from our last visit but very friendly and helpful. This facility allows pets which is a big PLUS for us. There are several hotels in the area that don't allow pets. So for those reviewers who don't like pets, they should visit those--but for those of us who travel with our pets, this clean, affordable hotel is SUPER!! Rates were VERY reasonable. Not much for the breakfast, but with the prices so low, what could you expect??? There is a gas station just down the road that serves some really great homemade biscuits (sausage link or patty, etc)- so we just brought breakfast in. No problems there! We will be in the area again in May and have already made our reservations for this hotel. We were advised they would be doing a complete renovation with new furniture, paint job, etc. between now and then, so it is getting even better! And the queen size beds are a definite plus over standard full size beds.

Room Tip: This hotel is a little off the road, so no "road" sounds to bother you. We like the lower...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank J G
Fitzgerald, Georgia
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Thank God I found this hotel! My first trip to Georgia was a success thanks to this hotel! The staff is AMAZING and so generous! Mt husband and I took our first trip to Georgia and unfortunatly got lost and ended up in this little town. SO tired from our trip we just knew it was going to be a pain to find a nice place to stay but alas this hotel was what we needed. Very clean, nice staff, and every question we had answered.

I am so glad this is where we ended up I am so thankful that is where we ended up!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Chrissie M
Casselberry, Florida, United States
Reviewed 24 February 2013

We were here for 4 days for some hunting and time to get some work done. We had trouble with our wi-fi from day 1. We kept calling the front desk for assistance. The gal there was really sweet and I appreciated all that she tried to help. I spoke to the owner twice and each time he was boorish in telling me it was my equipment that was faulty. I told him I had 5 separate devices and they ALL had the same problem; we could connect to the network but not have internet access. We had too much with us and he tried to get us to switch rooms but I declined. The second time I spoke to him (he must have been at home) he was telling me that my equipment was not working right because others don't have problems. He told me to come work in the lobby or breakfast area (my paperwork was sensitive content) and I told him, no, that is why I got a room! He kept being testy with me as if I was annoying him with my "problem" and I told him I do not appreciate him being argumentative with me. I went back to my room and got screen caps of the issue - no DNS server and sent them off to him. Nothing. The front desk called and the gal said she herself called the ISP for help and if they could send someone out today but alas, they will come tomorrow and we are leaving tomorrow. Kudos to her! I don't know how the owner was raised to speak to women, but he was disrespectful and boorish. Through this all, he refused any sort of discount or even a coupon for a free Big Mac.

Otherwise, the rooms were clean. The building construction is poor so you hear between the rooms, down the halls, doors slamming, people running about upstairs. Bring EARPLUGS. I'm glad I always do.

All in all, the place is just shy of OK and the owner is an absolute unsavory word.

Would I come back - nope. And I'm telling all of you not to even bother.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ana V
OSD, Director, Vista Inn Fitzgerald at Quality Inn Fitzgerald, responded to this review, 4 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay at our hotel. We strive to provide a positive experience to our valued guests and I am sorry we fell short on this occasion. The person who was represented as the owner was NOT.I have personally followed up with the General Manager to make sure that this does not ever happen again. The ISP did a thorough inspection of the WI-FI after your visit and now everything working fine. I know this does not help know but I want you to know we take your comments seriously. We have a 100% guarantee policy and we failed. I hope you give us another try I am sure we can exceed your expectations.

Sachin Gaya
Director, Vista Inn Fitzgerald

Travellers are raving about these Fitzgerald hotels

Reviewed 22 February 2013

Pleasantly surprised with this hotel given previous reviews. Staff where very helpful and rooms where a good size and clean. I found out that the hotel had changed management in January 2013. the pool was not ready but great value overall. I Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher floor is quiet
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank zs777
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fitzgerald
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tifton, GA
Days Inn & Suites Tifton
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tifton
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#8 of 15 in Tifton
Hilton Garden Inn Tifton
Comfort Inn & Suites Tifton

Been to Quality Inn Fitzgerald? Share your experiences!