“Run down hotel”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Fitzgerald
SW GA
“Run down hotel”
Reviewed 13 January 2013 via mobile

My stay was arranged by others and alas I should have stayed elsewhere. The hotel is old, run down, and out of date. My room had stains and was very worn. Mold existed around the shower and the room ac. The staff did clean daily, wifi and interior hotel rooms are the only positives. The free breakfast I passed on, as it consisted of dry cereal and cheap pastries. The hotel does not have any on site vending. Suffice to say, I would be hard pressed to stay here again if business brings me back to Fitzgerald.

Stayed January 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed 29 October 2012

We selected this motel because it was pet-friendly, and that alone made it worthwhile. The woman at the desk who checked us in -- and seemed to be there all weekend! -- was friendly and found us extra pillows. We had an interior room, which felt safe. And it was certainly cleaner than I expected from the reviews.

But the downsides:
* The seat on the desk chair kept slipping off, making it hard to spend much time at the desk.
* There was a little mildew in the bathroom. (And yes -- I'm pretty sure it was mildew, not "black mold."
* Making a reservation was difficult. Whoever took my husband's call quoted him $25/night. Too good to be true, right? It was. It left the friendly desk clerk in a tough spot when we checked in. We didn't make her honor the rate.(We are rating service "poor" because of this. But the desk clerk was kind and helpful.)
*Our door key was disabled two hours before checkout.
*The room wasn't unsanitary, but I found trash from a previous guest and a couple of dead bugs.

Bottom line? It's fine if you aren't too picky, especially if you have pets. But it's just a port in the storm, nothing more.

Room Tip: If you have a pet, ask for an end room by the side door. It makes it easier to get in and out.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 24 October 2012

Due to time constraints, we were unable to see "all" the hotels available in Fitzgerald, so we decided on Country Hearth Inn. And here were our views: Customer service was poor. The first woman that helped us was a little rude. There was a couple sleeping near the front desk and I could hear their snores, so it took awhile for one of them to help me with something. The room had a couple bugs in it. The floor had stains and burn marks. Breakfast was a joke; it was more like a daycare snack. Some of our towels were dirty and had "curly" hairs in them; on top of that they were super rough. The bed wasn't too great either. Things we liked were that there was cable, the heat/AC worked and the bathroom wasn’t awful. But in the end I obviously will never stay here again!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Juanita P
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 30 May 2012

This Property has only a few things going for it... The Front Desk Cleark that checked me in , and lots of parking. Guessing that should have cluded me in... Not a very Clean room... Bathroom was ok but nail clipping on the room floor were not so nice to find. Wont be back again...

Room Tip: I would not offer any of the rooms IF they are kept like mine was.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Ray S
Jacksonville, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 May 2012

My stay in Fitzgerald was great after i switch to the Country Hearth inn,don't stay at the Vista.I will be stay there when i visit Fitzgerald.

Room Tip: Go to the Vista Hotel first .
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank carey S
Fitzgerald, Georgia
Reviewed 25 November 2011

THIS PLACE IS HORRIBLE! It's family owned and operated. FIRST. They told me they DO NOT to sell the non smoking rooms with king sized beds because their family members are occupying those rooms! SECOND. The place is a filthy dump! BLACK MOLD EVERYWHERE!!! Enough said. Even the remote control was dirty. THIRD. The customer service is horrible! I called the front desk for two hours (actually went up there twice) to see if they had an ironing board. NO ONE ANSWERED. When I finally got someone, it was some child who was RUDE and DISREPECTFUL. I attempted to educate him on customer service and he wants to get defensive with me!!! I began to get upset because as I'm talking to him, he proceeds to ignore me. Just because this is a small town with limited hotels, people feel they can charge whatever price they want and treat customers anyway they want to and it has to be accepted. Remember... EVERYTHING IS A CHOICE AND I CHOOSE TO NEVER, NEVER RETURN TO THIS DUMP AGAIN!!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Miss B
Earth, Texas
Reviewed 11 November 2011

I've traveled my whole life and have never stayed in such a nasty place. There were very few options in this town and my car should have been one of them. There was mildew all above the shower stall, what appeared to be blood or feces on the wall in several places and both rooms were filthy. If it hadn't been so late, we would have gone somewhere else.

I don't mind places being run down from age, but this was NOT the case. The ONLY plus was the beds were comfortable. If you could get past the fact that you didn't sleep very well wondering of the sheets had been washed...

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank sara a

Been to Country Hearth Inn Fitzgerald? Share your experiences!