“This is REAL Southern Cooking!!!”

Papa Jack's Country Kitchen
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Have you been looking for a place where the side dishes are even better than the entrée? Believe me, this is it! (Hmm, although that fried chicken was amazing...) Every dish is homemade and absolutely delicious. My favorites are the cornbread dressing and yams... makes my mouth water just thinking about it! The people are some of the nicest around. The only downside is that if it's busy, you may be waiting in line for a while. The upside is, it is SO worth it! Plus, you can call in an order ahead of time, and there is a drive thru. Trust me, go!

There are newer reviews for Papa Jack's Country Kitchen

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

The service is fantastic. Every one was cheery and greeted us with a good old "Good mornin'!" The food is inexpensive and very good (with good portions), and is quickly served. You do go up and order your meal, but it's damn good for 'cafeteria style.' Great fast Southern option.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

My family and I are huge fans of Papa Jacks! If you love good southern cuisine then this is definitely our place. Whether its the bacon, eggs, hash browns, etc. for breakfast or the the country fried steak at dinner, PJ always delivers.

1  Thank UGDawwg34
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Had lunch there today and it was super. Tired of the hamburger routine so we tried this. Had meatloaf, mac and cheese and creamed corn. Everything was real down home southern cooking. All was great but I think I could eat a gallon of the creamed corn. Biscuits were excellent. I just wish they had real butter. Can't wait for the chance to go back and try breakfast. Flor, the girl at the register was so sweet and helpful. Papa Jacks has a new customer. Oh, the peach cobbler is yummy.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

New to living in the south, we are enjoying finding traditional cooking of the home kitchens of the area. Papa Jack's gives us just that! We have previously had dinner at this uber-casual country kitchen, but this morning tried breakfast. Good stuff! I had never heard of the highly recommended hoe cake so I tried an order (for a great price of $1.85!). Cooked to perfection, these little cornmeal pancakes had great flavor and when combined with the smoked sausage were absolutely divine. Cafeteria-style service with fried eggs and pancakes cooked to order and delivered to your table. Delicious steaming coffee served in a big mug and service with many smiles! We now have a new place for a quick breakfast and they even have a drive-thru for eating on the road. If you go for dinner - try the fried chicken!