“Very rude front fesk staff”

Econo Lodge Atlanta Airport East
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Forest Park
Reviewed 1 February 2014

The guy at the front desk was very rude the entire time. We were driving to Chicago and decided to stop get some sleep. So we arrived late at night and the guy at the front desk was acting like we were bothering him. He didn't want to honor our hotels.com reservation at first too. The room was cold, the toilet was broken, the towels were all stained and disgusting. Breakfast was ok, but again the guy at the front desk didn't even say a word, no good morning, nothing when I went to check out. We've stayed at many places while traveling by car, this was the worst experience we've had.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank schips

Reviewed 20 January 2014

I can not thank the entire staff of this hotel enough for being honest and helpful. Around Christmas I stayed here as I had missed my flight. I was upset as I was in a hurry to get to my sick mother in El Paso Texas. My flight the next morning was very early and in a rush I left ALL of my very expensive jewelry on the bathroom counter. It wasn't until I got to El Paso 4 hours later I realized it and when I called the housekeeping staff had turned it into the manager and it was safe. Imagine my surprise and relief. There are honest people in this world and I cant thank them enough. On my way back thru Atlanta over a week later. I stopped by and picked up my jewelry and it was all there. Thank you!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank hunterdog45
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Stayed over one night because I missed my flight. Hotel was clean and fit into my budget for an overnight stay, very close to airport. The staff were nice even though I only had two interactions. The room was surprisingly clean. I always base the hotel on the price, but this one was pretty good

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 November 2013

My and my family checked into Econo Lodge on October 24th, 2013. The room was 103 and we based our decision on the cleanliness of the room so we stayed. My sister was sitting on the edge of the bed, facing the night stand. She kept complaining about her legs itching and she felt like something was biting her. My mom told her that she was probably hallucinating. My mom ignored it because my dad was asleep and had to wake up early for work the next morning. So basically we did not want to wake him. A few minutes later she tells my mom that she was REALLY being bitten and showed her the bites. So we pull the sheets back and see BED BUGS! There were two, which were already too many, large bed bugs crawling on the outside of the mattress. So we bring out our camera and take pictures. By this time we've alerted my dad and he and my mom call the office to tell them what we see so the front desk clerk comes to the room and sees them too. He tells us we can switch rooms and they can take $10 off the next night.We move to the room next door and he tells us to speak with the manager in the morning. In all honesty, we would have left if my dad didn't have to be at work at 7 a.m. And it was 12 a.m. so we figured we'd get some rest and then talk to the manager in the morning. But what makes things worse was that we asked them if the had bed bugs before we even checked in and the man who checked us in assured us that they did not have a bed bug problem. They were wrong and didn't want to own up to it. When the morning came my mom goes to the office and the lady at the front desk tells her that the manager will not be seeing us today because he had to go to a meeting. So she gives my mom a number to reach the manager and it turns out that the number was to the shuttle bus. The driver tells my mom that the lady she was speaking to was the manager. So my mom calls my dad and tells him so we decide to check out and wait until my dad gets off of work. While we're loading the car, room 103's door is open and the mattresses are on the carpeted floor.We take pictures of that and then we leave. When we return to the hotel to get our money back they tell us they can't do that and we should have taken the $10 off. The lady who was apparently the manager isn't there. So we call Choice Hotels, the company who owns them and they tell us there's nothing they can do because Econo Lodge is an independent franchise. Choice then goes on to tell us that Econo Lodge will call us in 72 hours. Welp, 3 days go by and guess what? No phone call.So about 5 days later, on the 29th, we go back there. My dad explains to a different employee our terrible stay and how he called them three times to get in touch with the manager. He also explained that we only want our money back and we'll leave. She proceeds to tell my dad that there's nothing she can do and that they offered us $20 off. So it suddenly went from $10 off to $20 off ? Another lie. Anyway my dad asks her to give us the managers' name and number and she says she can't do that either but she can call the police. So my dad says okay, call them. We wait outside until the police come and the lady says my dad was scaring off guests and getting loud, which wasn't true because we were there and there were cameras in the lobby to prove it. The police ask her to just give us the manager's info but she continues refusing. My dad tells them all he wants is the manager's name and number and she tells us that all she wants is for us to get off of the property. So the police tell us that there's nothing they can do and to find a lawyer.They seemed more empathetic than the staff. We ended up leaving but we haven't forgotten. They feel invincible because they've gotten away with it for so long. Bed bugs are a serious matter and I feel as though the people here mistreated us and didn't care. Listen people, when you read these reviews please take it seriously because they're real.

Room Tip: Room 103 has bed bugs. Not sure how many other rooms but I do know they spread like wild fire so sta...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Naya H
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I can't help but think that there is a conspiracy between the counter person at the airline, the shuttle driver and management at Econo Lodge (Forest Park). My incoming flight was delayed and I missed my connection> The counter person suggested going on stand-by and we watched the last people board at 10:15 pm - no more seats available. Back to the counter and we were offered a "coupon" for $60 at Econo Lodge and told that it wouldn't be honoured because all the hotels were booked and the airline would refund us the total cost. That is another issue.
The Econo Lodge, Forest Park may have been a nice place once-upon-a-time, but it is far from from the type of place that I would have willingly stayed at under normal circumstances. The "No-Smoking" room had cigarette burns on the carpet and counters - the wall lamp was etched with the names of many previous occupants and the "entertainment" centre was out of the 1990's complete with a VHS player. Others have noted that you can hear people walking around upstairs - this is very true.
The worst part is that the rate was boosted from the advertised $50 to $90!!
The shuttle ride in was crowded - the driver was on his cell arguing with the hotel about the 11 people he had on-board (who he had already told were going to have to pay the $90). I wonder how much the driver got as a kick-back - perhaps even the counter person.
If nothing else, this was a learning experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I missed my flight and had to stay again overnight. I selected this hotel because I stay once before because of it closeness to the Atlanta airport. I have to use a budget for travel and the hotel always fits into my budget. Once again I have stayed at the Ritz and they service is GREAT, but I am staying at the ECONO Lodge I don't expect a door man, a valet, room service etc. but for the price this is a great place to stay. I refuse to pay $150.00 a night for the same service for a place to lay my head for a night or two.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Thomas7233
Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

The first room they put me in the air conditioner didn't work second room in the refrigerator was broken the third room Microwave wasnt working properly. Bottom floors you could here people walking at night I was there 11 days the reason I stayed was because of
the shuttle service for Freightliner. Tv were old cable was bad some channel were snowy local channel didn't come in good. Needs new appliances air conditioners . Run down motel.

• Stayed: June 2013
Sleep Inn Airport
#16 of 26 in College Park
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Airport South

Been to Econo Lodge Atlanta Airport East? Share your experiences!