“Still great food...and now terrific service of larger groups!”
Review of Grits Cafe

Grits Cafe
Ranked #1 of 32 Restaurants in Forsyth
Price range: US$10 - US$38
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Terri and Wayne's Grits's Cafe has emerged from their rebuild better than ever. More spacious seating, better atmosphere, and fun new menu items make this one of my local favorites. My only complaint in years passed has been their inability to serve larger parties in a timely manner. That complaint has been transformed into praise. More staff with more room to move and a larger, more modern, kitchen has greatly enhanced their ability to serve parties of all sizes. We'll done!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We were pleasantly surprised at the Grits Cafe! They have a large menu with many interesting offerings. Hubby had the Onion Soup (which he said was great) as his appetizer and an excellent thick pork chop with the herb baked Macaroni & cheese; I had the arugula salad with spiced poached pears, pecans and blue cheese crumbles, and the blackened salmon with a black-eyed pea cake.
Everything was very tasty, would certainly recommend this restaurant for those looking for something different and cooked to order!

1  Thank MEKA_12
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I work in this little town but do not live here. When I was asked to make the work transfer my reply was of course because now I have an excuse to eat lunch at Grits regularly. My supervisor always wants to go there when she visits my office. She loves their grits salad. The only thing they serve that has not been my favorite is the French fries but that's ok because I now ask to sub them and they accommodate. I wish they would bring back the banana crème pie. It was excellent. I take many guest there for business lunches. The atmosphere is wonderful. Everyone that I have introduced to the "grits fritters" haved raved. It is a must do if you are traveling down I-75 to stop for a quaint southern lunch.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is our favorite casual restaurant in the Middle Georgia area. Delicious food, changing menu, and laid back atmosphere. Gluten free options are noted on the menu, so it is very easy to eat here. They will also do their fried green tomatoes with cornstarch instead of flour to make them GF. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

The Grits Café was such a surprise! The service was excellent and the food was delicious. I had the arugula salad which was full of peaches, strawberries, and candied pecans with a light citrus vinegarette. I also enjoyed the southwest spring rolls which were crunchy and chock full of vegetables and shrimp. Lastly we sampled the duck pizza. It was truly fabulous!!! If you go to Forsythe, make time for this restaurant.

Been to Grits Cafe? Share your experiences!