“Great Stopover Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Forsyth
Hollywood, Florida
“Great Stopover Hotel”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We decided to stay here for one night on our way home to South Florida fr the Smokies. Large, clean room. Comfortable beds w/ labeled pillows (firm, medium, soft)! Check-in &check-out was a breeze. Free breakfast was good enough for us as we weren't expecting a huge buffet anyway!

The fireplace w/ the Christmas decorations was a nice festive touch!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ani L
Tom R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Forsyth, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Thank you for staying with us and posting your comments about your stay. We like to hear what we did right and what we need to do better and your comments are greatly appreciated.
Again thank you and hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Marion, Illinois
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

We stopped here on our way to Miami. Check in went smoothly but the restaurant recommended by the booklet in our room was closed, despite the hours listed in the booklet saying it would be open. My husband and I were both awakened often in the night by the dinging of the elevator down the hall. To top it off, the bed was simply lumpy and uncomfortable. My husband had a sore shoulder for days after. We had planned to stop in the same hotel on our way back North but opted to find a different spot after our experience. It wasn't completely awful for one night. The staff was friendly and professional and everything was clean but it needed an update.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Tom R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Forsyth, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience with us and will use that information to help improve for our guest.Thank you for staying with us and and we will pass this
information along so we can correct these issues.
Reviewed 8 October 2013

If you make a reservation, make a specific request to be placed on the top floor in the corners or a room with no neighbors. If not... Prepare to listen to your neighbor's tv, conversation, and movements (for those who are heavy footed and without grace). This includes those across the hall. I stayed the week of September 29 through October 4 for training at Tift College. That week, my stay was awesome. Housekeeping was really sweet, as was front lobby personnel. My room was on the top floor at the end. I went home for the weekend and returned Sunday October 6 (yesterday) and will leave on Thursday. I'm now in the 4th room since my return. The first switch was due to not having a fridge or microwave (personal preference). I was so tired when I got into the second room, that I didn't notice the blood stain on the bed skirt until the next morning. The room was dusty and the door was really hard to open. I mean, I had to put some shoulder into the door, and force it open. I didn't want to complain until I found the blood stain. Ewww! The font desk immediately changed my room though, so no biggie. That night after returning from training, around 9pm, the neighbors from Hell arrived. I could hear the tvs on all 3 sides. After a failed attempt by the front desk to quiet things down, she moved me again. All is quiet now, but if someone reserves the rooms around me, it will be much the same. If you're looking for privacy and quiet, this place isn't for you. If your can sleep with noise, you'll be fine (I cannot). Overall, the hotel is clean. Some rooms appear to be problematic, but that could be due to housekeeping staff not paying attention to enough detail and maintenance not checking the working order of all doors and equipment. For the price, it's reasonable and a good place to stay. The staff is friendly and helpful. You also get a great breakfast each morning. The beds are not great, but I've slept on much worse. I would recommend one of their higher end rooms, not the standard. Maybe they are more comfortable and quiet. You can't beat the staff courtesy though. And this really beats other hotel options or staying in dorms at the college. Bring ear plugs and a plush mattress topper, and you'll be good.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank mrsdoughman
Tom R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Forsyth, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Thank you staying with us and taking your time to let us know about your experience. I sincerely apologize for all the problems you occurred and have addressed them with the proper staff.
Thank you for your comments about the staff that's means a lot to them to know how the guest feels. We value each of our guest and try to learn and make the next guest experience better with that information.
Again thank you for your time and staying here with us.
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I spend the night at holiday Inns and HIE's all over the country between 150 to 190 nights each year for the past 13 years. This is an average to below average hotel when taking all things into consideration.
1st - Breakfast - There are a lot of complaints about the breakfast, If you think your going to get a Denny's style breakfast for free at the hotel you have been sadly mislead. The hot food is not great but it will digest. Personally I would stick to some cereal, bagel, or some fruit if you care anything about your body. And "Yes" the milk is not kept to a cool enough temperature 50% of the time. This comment stands to reason for all HI hotels I have stayed at, so no harm here for this category.
2nd - Location - There are many fast food restaurants within two miles of the hotel (Wendy's, McDonalds, Hardees, Captain D's, Burger King, etc...) there is a Waffle House and Chinese place within walking distance. Also within walking distance is a local bar, liquor store, gas station, and tobacco store. All this and a Walmart about 2 miles away too. Plus directly off I-75, sound like a perfect location for a hotel.
3rd - Maid Service - I have spent over 120 nights in this hotel (over 3 years time) and I have not had any major problems with the service. Not 100% efficient all the time, but not anywhere I have stayed has hit that mark. I wish they would clean better on a daily basis as apposed to once a week. And maybe even use disinfectants more during cleaning due to the amount of traffic through there. I always travel with my own Clorox wipes and Lysol spray. Overall I would rate it as average.
4th - Room - This is probably the biggest downfall this hotel has. Although it has all the same furniture and electronics that all HI have, the room sizes are small. No chance for an upgrade either as this hotel does not have any. So if your a platinum member, you out of luck for that free upgrade. This hotel was not built as a Holiday Inn Express, it was once a different hotel and was bought out and turned into one (or so I have been told by the locals here). In this category I have to give it a big whopping "Poor"
5th - Cleanliness - This hotel is as clean as any other I have been in. I haven't seen anything so dirty that it has made me want to report it. The hallways are always clear and trash is always emptied. Front lobby area is clean. Looks average to me.
6th - Value - Hmmm.... its pretty much the same as all HI express hotels. Value doesn't mean much to me as I am on the road for business and the expense is passed on. So "average" again as compared to this brand of hotel across the country.
7th - Service - This is one category I will have to say is great from my experiences. I have always been greeted nicely coming and going. I have packages shipped in and out. I have receipts emailed from the staff to my company. Every time I have went to the front desk they have helped me without demise (as I would expect).
8th - Sleep Quality - Well, I have went to sleep every night I have been there and woke up on time. Must not be too bad. On occasion there will be some kids (or a bus of kids) running and playing in the hallways after 10pm (my bedtime). This is no fault of the hotel. I just wait by my door for their next run through, swing the door open, yell at them once, and they will go back to their room or at least not play on my floor. My sleep is important to me and the beds there are comfortable to me so I would give this hotel an average or slightly above average for this category.
9th - Other - The pool is outdoor only (that sucks!). I am never there in the main summer months. No hot tub (bummer). There is a decent laundry room with two front loading washers and two dryers that work well. There is a workout room that is decent enough. There are several areas outside to sit and enjoy a nice evening (or beer). Plenty of parking on most nights even when they are booked. They could stand to put in a BBQ grill for the quests. And I would suggest that they have a couple of "Managers Appreciation Nights" with some snacks and free drinks (I always love going to those hotels).

As all stated above is why I give this rating. I hope this helped someone.

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same. No need to be choosy at this location.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Candy K
Tom R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Forsyth, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
First I would like to thank you for staying with us and taking your time to post your comments about that stay. We value each of our guest comments and use that information to help improve the guest experience for future guest.
We will look forward to having you come back as our guest again and see that we have done just
that, ,again thank you for your feedback.
Valdosta
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The walls are very thin and I could hear the people above me use the bathroom. I also heard a man talking on his cell phone from the parking lot and my room was on the second floor. A dog was barking half the night in a room across the hall. The closest place to get a decent meal other than fast food was in Macon.

Room Tip: Stay in Macon instead of Forsyth. It's only 20 minutes away.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Tom R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Forsyth, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
First let me thank you for staying with us and taking your time to post your comments.
I was unhappy to hear you were not happy and really apologize for your experience
and will look into the sound problems and thank you again for letting us know.
uk
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Have stayed in a range of hotels this trip from the amazing Gaylord Opreyland to a small country motel and this was the most disappointiing. I expected it to be on a par with the La Quinta chain but it doesn't come anywhere close.
This hotel is badly in need of updating both in the rooms and the hallways. The furniture is old, and decor shabby.
The lobby smelt of smoke and the room smelt damp/musty. The air con is switched off if the room is vacant which is what contributes to the horrible smell I guess. I didn't rate it as poor because at least it was clean. There is a Ramada right next door. I have no idea whether that is any better, but it might be worth a shot if you want to stay in this area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Tom R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Forsyth, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
I would like to thank you for staying with us and taking your time to post your comments about your stay.I was sorry to hear we did not deliver your exspectations. We have had more rain than usual that has helped contribute to mold smell this summer which we have been working on and thought we had under control. We do have a renovation coming up next year and will address some of the issues you feel need addressed. We do take our guest comments seriously and use them to help improve. Again thank you for staying with us.
Kentucky
Reviewed 1 August 2013

The room was clean but very small. In dire need of a makeover. Breakfast was below average. The milk in the skim milk pitcher was bad, but after informing the attendant, she refilled it with the same milk. When I told her it was sour, she got a plastic cup and took it back in the kitchen, returned and said "It doesn't taste bad to me." So much for cereal. The omelet was hard and had some kind of peppers in it. Bananas were overripe with brown spots. At least the cinnamon roll was good.

Room Tip: The fourth floor includes smoking rooms and the hallway smelled of smoke. You might want to avoid th...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Tom R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Forsyth, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
I would like to first thank you for staying with us and posting your comments about your stay. We use those comments to help improve for our guest and make things better.I apologize for the breakfast experience and have spoken with the staff and have been assured those issues were addressed and will be monitored closely.
Again thank you for taking your time to post about your experience,and we hope you will give us
another try when in our area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Forsyth
La Quinta Inn & Suites Forsyth
Comfort Inn - Forsyth
Comfort Inn - Forsyth
#6 of 10 in Forsyth
Homewood Suites by Hilton Macon - North

Been to Holiday Inn Express Forsyth? Share your experiences!