“Love Love Love Uchee Creek”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort Benning
Uchee Creek Army Campground and Marina
DownSouth
“Love Love Love Uchee Creek”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2010

Beautiful area, great location for access to Ft. Benning, really helpful staff, and unbelievable nightly rate! Only 1 downside: no wi-fi/internet/cell phone coverage. But, I still highly recommend!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
7 Thank YellowMel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2010

Wow, what a place this was! We arrived there in April for a couple of nights. We reserved a cabin which was incredible! Clean, shiny and neat with most anything you would need except for food. Maybe it was off season which was the reason it was so quiet and peaceful there. In the evening the deer would roam through the campground.People must leave food out at times because they didn't run off. We only encountered one problem and that was very large wood wasps( or bees) which were PLENTIFUL! They held you captive inside until the sun went down then you could venture out to sit on the deck. Too bad they can't spray with something to deter them. Such a beautiful place to only be enjoyed in the evening. I would check to see if they are present before booking. Maybe they are seasonal! lolololol

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank estr49
Fayetteville NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2009

My family stayed at the Cabins at Uchee Creek for a long weekend. I was pleasently surprised how comfortable and adorable the cabins were for the price. They are completely made from logs for the authentic log cabin feel and most all the furniture is made of rustic wood, or leather right down to the head bord. Some cabins have an adorable loft space perfect for children, with a full service kitchen. It was exceptionally clean and the grounds were well maintained. We had lots of fun just spending the day on the camp grounds enjoying hiking, playgrounds, shooting bow and arrows, swinging on the porch swing. I have now stayed here 3 different times and am planning another trip this January!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
5 Thank annarisinger27
Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2009

After the long drive from Indiana to Ft Mitchell, Alabama - I was pleasantly surprised by the quality and the homey atmosphere at Uchee Creek! I have stayed at the campgrounds twice and have enjoyed both the small (sleeps 4) and the large (sleeps 6) cabin.*Note: It is definitely worth the few extra $ for the upgrade to large! The full size fridge came in handy as we stuffed it full in preparation for the huge cook out we had on the patio! There is a small grocery store with loads of country charm called Rainbow Grocery. We found everything we needed priced- reasonably and even a bag boy who carried our groceries to the van - loaded them and refused to take a tip!
I highly recommend you drive about 2 miles past your turn off on Hwy 169 and get supplies before you hit the campgrounds..Because once you get settled in you'll want to sit on the porch and watch the deer and squirrels play.
For entertainment there was fishing , bowling on the base, shopping close by and lots of history... I especially loved our visit to Ft Mitchell's nearby Chattahoochee Indian museum and fort. ...where we climbed aboard a mule drawn wagon and got a history lesson on the old fort and it's original trading post etc. The archeological dig and the research was fascinating. Imogene ( the lady who works at the museum) is a priceless fount of knowledge herself and will always be remembered for her sweet southern "drawl" and willingness to make us feel like family!
Another little treasure is the town of Eufala just a few miles south..the town square is beyond quaint! Its like stepping back in time with well manicured flower beds and old southern homes lining the streets.. The antique shops and thrift stores are full of unique souvenirs.. I brought home several!
THE MINOR DRAW BACK OF ENTIRE TRIP WAS THE MOSQUITOES...pack some bug repellent.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
7 Thank APr0udMilitaryM0m
Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2009

Stop at the main welcome center at Ft. Benning and get the good map! We kept getting turned up Lumpking road. It was alot easier when the rain stopped. We arrived in dark and pouring rain and most of our stay was in dark and pouring rain. We were there for 3 days. When the rain did stop, the campground was beautiful. We went around the campground just to make sure there were 2 herd of deer.One with about 20, the other with about 30! We grew up in Colorado, so we are used to camping and cabins. **The Park Home we stayed in was an upscale trailer home version with a screened porch. Nice. Once we took our soldier there, all he wanted to do was relax there. We got him to go into town and base for shopping and restaurants. But the down time there was a relief to all of our minds. We will never forget it. **The park home, only had a jack for dialup. If you wanted the wireless, you had to go to the country store. Since we were there early or late that was out of the question. **Stop for some groceries at the AAFEs convenience store with all the gas pumps. It is on the way up Dixie Road. We picked up ramen noodles and sodas for the evening to hold us over till the next day. The lady at the store was so nice, she almost brought me to tears telling me how proud and handsome my soldier was. There was a little store out down the road. Where a nice man actually was so honest, asked me why I was spending too much money at his store. He said I should just go several miles to the market! The staff at the country store was wonderful and as soon as I told them there might be some seepage, called a man over and sent him right out in a cart to go look. **There were maps pegged to the board for late arrivals, but not one for us. But the camp host was clearly marked. The buildings had a park no. and a militay bldg. no. The camp host gave us a map to our place. Everyone was so friendly in all the businesses and restaurants etc. and so very polite and well mannered. We stayed over to see Stone Mountain by Atlanta. Cool day. The weather was awful the whole trip and even at the hotels in Atlanta, the internet was slow or went off and on.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Ready2goColorado
Hawaii
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2009

I stayed at Uchee Creek from 27 Mar - 4 April while visiting Fort Benning. While I found the campground very relaxing and worth the price, I had serious concerns with the staff of Uchee Creek. I stayed in a Chalet overlooking Uchee Lake. When I arrived, I was told I wouldn't be allowed to check-in for another hour and a half because the Chalet was being cleaned. Well, I rode over to the chalet while killing time. There was no one there. The cleaning staff showed up 15 mins prior to me getting the key. The lady quickly mopped the floor and left. I actually watched and timed her. Throughout our stay, we had minor issues and reported them to the staff, but received the same old tired look. As if we were bothering them for asking them to do their job. We reported a rat in our chalet and was told, well there are traps out there. My perception of Uchee Creek staff is that they have worked there entirely too long and need to find a profession that they are actually interested in.

Also, DO NOT COUNT ON CELL PHONE SERVICE WHILE THERE.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
8 Thank tomdives
PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2009

We stayed at Uchee Creek Campground for Family Day and Graduation at Fort Benning from Feb. 5-7, 2009. It is a fabulous place to stay. I read the reviews on this website and we were not disappointed! We rented a large cabin and there were 5 of us staying there...plenty of room. We counted 42 deer in the campground while driving through one evening! The view of the river is beautiful. The people at the campstore couldn't have been nicer. The cabin was very clean. They even supply you with basic cooking tools, pots, pans, dishes... there are linens and towels and a hair dryer and ironing board/iron. A nice size refrigerator, stove, microwave, toaster and TV. The furniture is awesome...leather sofa and the beds look like timbers. An absolute deal to stay there! You get so much for the price and you have the convenience of making meals right there - a huge savings over eating out. There is a little grocery store a few miles down the road - Rainbow Foods off RT. 165. It takes about 20 min. to get from the campground to Sand Hill, but that is because you are traveling on backroads and then through the base (where the speed limit is very low). If you plan to stay there, I recommend stopping at the Fort Benning main gate - off RT. 185 to get your visitor's pass for clearance to the base before you head to the campground. That way, you will be able to travel directly through the base instead of out around. The one thing the other reviews mentioned...it is a little difficult to find in the dark...but certainly not impossible! We hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did!

• Liked — price
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Columbus Fort Benning
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Columbus/Near Fort Benning
Candlewood Suites Columbus Fort Benning
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus

Been to Uchee Creek Army Campground and Marina? Share your experiences!