George T. Bagby State Park Lodge
Grove Motel(Cuthbert)
Econo Lodge(Cuthbert)
Econo Lodge(Eufaula)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsadjoining roomsbeautiful lodgelodge roomsevery staff membereufaulaaccommodations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We went to Albany,GA for a Saturday(04-05-13) out and booked this place for the same night. Booked and paid the deposit on Friday night. Got to hotel and went to eat dinner. They had a buffet for dinner. After observing the dinner on the buffet, we decided to order off the menu. The food looked good but I have Celiac and the food(gluten intolerance) was not an option for me. I was told that they were only doing sandwiches(made with bread=gluten) included would have been off limits since they are fried in the same grease as breaded products. Drove 20 miles back to Eufaula to eat dinner, missed the sunset and relaxing time. After returning about 8:45 pm. we checked with the dining staff about breakfast to make sure I had an option. (I did). At that time, we were told that they could have worked a dinner arrangement for me. We left as soon as we found out that there was no option I wanted and they were tied up with a group(girls were nice but we failed to work things out at that time). At breakfast, walked in and told by the gentleman to seat ourselves anywhere. After sitting a few, we got up and helped ourselves to buffet. Had to ask staff for water and then walked up to get our own silverware from the register area. After water was dropped off, the only other visit was to drop a few napkins off at table. At checkout, was asked about leaving a tip before card was run. At checkout, my wife was given a copy of bill and was told balance of $14.75. When I returned to ask, the lady at the desk was just telling another customer that there was a balance of $14.75 and did she want to charge it to her card. She was caught off guard and was about to ask when I stated that I had the same question. The lady got an attitude and said it was for the park pass(which was handed to me at check-in) and for the taxes. I assumed(as well as the lady checking out) that I had paid the taxes and the park pass was included in the fee I had paid when booking. After closer examination of my online receipt, I saw that I had only paid the room deposit and it showed a balance for the tax. MY bad. Upon further communication with the clerk, I stated that the billing was done differently than I had previously experienced. Most deposits usually included the taxes for the first night as well. She continued to talk to me in a defensive and "snotty" attitude. Long story short, the place was nice and clean. The staff was another story. The evening staff in the dining room was nice but did not make my attempt at dining a pleasant one( part of the problem was a misunderstanding of my restrictions or my lack of emphasis of need for a special diet). I was put off by the need to have to drive 20 miles one way for dinner. The breakfast staff was not friendly or efficient and left many people lost or unsure of what to do. The lady working the desk was not very friendly and got very defensive in her attitude when questioned about what was not explained to us by the clerk working the desk on Saturday evening. If you want a clean no frills place and your dining is not limited by dietary restrictions, then this is a nice place with a great view of the lake. It is off the beaten path, in the back woods area of Georgia and very peaceful. I was disappointed we were unable to enjoy the sunset on the lake on Sat. and it was raining on Sunday morning.

Room Tip: All rooms are ground level and the back side rooms have views of the lake.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bbj0227
Reviewed 14 November 2013

The alligators were hibernating, but the deer came out to greet me upon my arrival at this serene retreat in the southern woods. Though the rooms are spare, bare bones motel style, they're clean and the management is pleasant. Having come down south on business, I could not, alas, take advantage of the setting. I walked up to the edge of the lake, looked around for gators, and then walked back. But bikes are available and time and walking shoes is all you need to wander the woods.

Room Tip: My room faced the parking lot, but perhaps there are rooms that face the lake.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Alfred79
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Originally reserved one night, but decided to stay 2 after enjoying the peaceful, quiet surroundings. Our room was average, a typical motel type/state park lodge room. It was small, but very adequate and clean. Rates are very reasonable. There is not much in the area, so thanfully the lodge restaurant is open for each meal. If you need a peaceful get away in a beautiful setting, I recommend the lodge at Bagby State Park.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ugagrad98
Reviewed 13 June 2013

We brought our family here for a week and all stayed in the cottages. The cottages are nice and they are clean, the staff here is super nice and the grounds are kept nicely. The issue was the amount of gigantic roaches that took over the cabin. I thought they would pick up the place and walk off with it! Also, there were loaded mousetraps just waiting to be snapped. Not so safe for people who have kids and quite disgusting.... For those who might not know, there are alligators in the waters and on the property so beware.

Overall, it was a nice trip, but there is a lack of things to do.

Definitely go to the gas station up the street for meat and three! Excellent!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Marglenna
Reviewed 30 May 2013

We stayed in the Lodge over Memorial Day weekend and have already made reservations for later this year. I was very impressed - every staff member smiled and greeted us pleasantly, the rooms we had were clean and the A/C was bone-chilling! The rooms were everything we wanted - clean, comfortable, reasonably priced and a great view of the lake. In fact the entire park was very clean. We fished and visited the area but the one experience that stood out for everyone was going through the lock from the lake to the river. We even spent time with park manager Shawn Baltzell who went out of his way to make us feel at home. Our entire family had a wonderful time.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back face the lake and are somewhat quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family