“The Worst...”

Days Inn and Suites Fort Valley
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Fort Valley
Reviewed 15 July 2014

The company I work for is doing a project at a local plant. Seeing as how this hotel is literally within walking distance, our workers decided to stay there. What a mistake that was! There is no easy way to make a reservation. When you call the front desk ,no one answers 90% of the time. When you do get someone, they sound like they are sleeping or on drugs. The one girl who did answer the phone can't make a move without saying "let me ask my boss". When I asked to just speak to her boss directly, she was on vacation (of course!). Making an online reservation for this property is a joke. They lost our online reservation, but had zero problem charging our credit card full price for a no show. Also, people (non-guests) come in just to use the swimming pool. The hotel overall is absolutely filthy. I have dealt with hotels for various projects all over the Southeast and this is by far the worst experience we have ever had.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 872Mandy
Tarangee A, General Manager at Days Inn and Suites Fort Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you for reviewing my location and your input is greatly appreciated. I offer my sincere apologies for the complications you experienced before, during, and after your visit. During the weekend that your stay took place we were having issues with our phone lines and we were in the middle of training a new employee. Now that these things have been brought to my attention we will do everything we can to make your stay more comfortable and easier for you. I did everything I could to help you at the time, including returning most of your money back that I was allowed by my company. The employee that was at the front desk during the time in question was new to the front desk. It is apparent to me that she requires further training with the reservation systems, off and online Thank you for your review and I hope that you will give us a second chance on your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Days Inn and Suites Fort Valley

Reviewed 13 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jona N

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I booked this hotel because we wanted to stay in Fort Valley and it was ranked #1. This is misleading because there are only 2 hotels in this city and both are awful. I made a reservation online for a non-smoking King Suite. When I got to the room, the room was over 90 degree because there was NOTHING on and smelled like smoke. The room was a double instead of the king that we requested. It was dark in the room. I attempted to use the phone to call the front desk and it did not work. I asked the clerk about the bed size and he said the hotel was sold out. I also asked him about the heat in the room (it was hotter in the room than it was outside) and he said that they don't leave anything on. I took pictures of the room and the carpet between the 2 beds had a bad stain. Don't know if it was blood or what. I couldn't believe they would rent a room in this deplorable condition. This room was almost $80 but was not even close be being worth this.

The furniture was outdated and looked like it came from a salvage yard. I used my cellphone (since the hotel phone didn't work) and asked the clerk if I can check out. He was very nice and refunded my money. I showed him the pictures I had taken and he again apologized. I ended up at the Courtyard Marriott in Warner Robins about 10 miles away for $99 and gladly paid the difference. This hotel had signs in their lobby that they were given awards for best hotel and these signs must have been also purchased at a salvage yard because I can't believe a hotel with these low standards could ever receive any such awards. Days Inn should be ashamed to be associated with this place.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else. It's worth driving 10 minutes to go into Warner Robins.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank drsuela
Reviewed 27 May 2014

From reading the reviews I was very skeptical, but Iwent anyway. I was pleased with the service , a
lalso the room was clean. The location was great everyone was very helpful. I will always come back this hotel on my route to gave me a great rate.
PS the reviews aren't true.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mathis C
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Breakfast was non existent. Lighting is poor. TV is old and outdated. If you are just looking for a place to sleep and don't mind the lack of amenities then this is a good value.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#11 of 24 in Perry
La Quinta Inn & Suites Warner Robins - Robins AFB

Been to Days Inn and Suites Fort Valley? Share your experiences!