“Lovely Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Scott's Downtown

Scott's Downtown
Reserve with OpenTable
Scott's Downtown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 248 Restaurants in Gainesville
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: West Academy Street
Description: Casual Fine Dining in a comfortable atmosphere is the best way to describe Gainesville's premier Downtown eatery. Great food prepared with attention to detail, an unparalleled wine list and the best wait staff North of Atlanta are some of the hallmarks of Scott's. We are located in downtown Gainesville in the historic Pilgrim Estes building. Our menu offers a wide range of choices from USDA Prime, hand cut steaks, the freshest seafood and local produce with seasonally inspired weekly specials. With a wine list of over 150 wines,many by the glass you will certainly be able to find a perfect match for your menu selection. Enjoy one of our five private dining rooms for two to celebrate that special occasion or one of our larger rooms for social and business events. We have dinner hours, live entertainment on the weekends and lunch hours during the week. Our new bar and lounge is now opened! We are Atlanta & North Georgia's best kept secret!
Dacula, Georgia
“Lovely Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

From the moment we.stepped in until the.moment we left, we felt very welcomed. The service was excellent and the food was wonderful. I had the filet mignon and my husband had the rack of lamb, both cooked to perfection. The chef took time to come to our table to personally ask us how we enioyed our meal. The atmosphere was quiet and romantic. They had live, very subtle music playing. As for price, its right in line with any upscale fine dining restaurants. And loved the fact that we didn't have to fight Atlanta traffic for such a nice meal. Our server was Nicole; she took great care of us. We will definitely return.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Way, Way Overpriced”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

I went there for dinner unexpectedly with a friend because holiday parties made the other local restaurants either unavailable or too noisy and crowded. There was almost no one at this restaurant and there was a very pleasant jazz singer in the lounge so the ambience was fine,
However, I was shocked at the menu prices. The entree prices were absurd. We decided to split an appetizer, and each have a salad. Between us we had 1 draft beer and 2 house glasses of wine. We each had dessert. The bill was over 100.00!
There weren't many people there but we actually had to wait to order everything.
The food was fine but not for the price. I won't be back here again.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank cruiselass
“Not worth it, bad service, not great food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

I've eaten at there former spot it was pretty good. The new warehouse location isn't too good. The downstairs bar area is dank and our food was bad. But, we had a large business function so I didn't expect too much from wings and finger foods. But not good.
Last month we (me,wife and daughter) ate upstairs. We had an (2) appetizers 2 glasses of house wine each, 2 meals, my wife shared our meals (kinda) and the bill was $125 without a tip.
The plates were laughable. I ordered the $38 seafood special with shrimp, scallops and grouper. I excepted to be able to share at that price. I received a thin and small piece of Pre-frozen grouper. The kind you get at SAMs. The second plate had 3 shrimp and 3 scallops resting on toast, with garnish. No pop whatsoever... Really, this is your evenings signature dish?
We sat without water or anything to drink for 12 -15 minutes. I finally got up and asked the hostess if she could help get us water.
This should summarize it - I was given a gift card for my birthday for there - I don't know if I will return to eat there. Yeah, that bad.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Wakesal
Atlanta, Georgia
“It's trying to be upscale- but then again it's Gainesville”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

I've travelled the world and had the plrasure of dining at really sophisticated restaurants. I would say Scotts is a "small town attempt at American upperscale dining". The menu is decidedly American taste, the decor is "clean" but bland. The service is the worst part-slow... Although friendly.

Overall, steaks are the best choice. Portions are limited. Price is somewhat on the higher side. Two people: rack of lamb, steak, bottle of wine = $150

The only reason I've been there twice is because it's the only "upscale" restaurant within 20 minutes driving from my house; amd sometimes we just dont want to drive to Atlanta for dinner.

In all fairness, I must add that overall, food quality in Georgia is less than California or Miami for example. I've lived here for 4 years and unless it's an organic/local sourced kitchen, food taste is deficient.

• Visited May 2013
Braselton, Georgia
“Stay Away”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

I would not eat there if my life depended on it. It projects itself as an upscale restaurant by its decor but the service and attitude of the owner and staff is below third class and the food by my standards is terrible and overpriced. I am a regular customer of restaurants in the square and fine dinning in Atlanta. I would go to Yellowfin or Recess if I was eating in the square in Gainesville.

• Visited June 2013