“Best Real Pizza Around”

Dining options: Delivery
Gainesville, Georgia, United States
“Best Real Pizza Around”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

This is my 4th time to the restaurant, and the 4th time for the best pizza meal around. The place is like a pizza place should be, good old tables and booths and a great staff. You can get pizza buy the slice if you want. This is where I only go for pizza, and the beer is good too.

• Visited January 2013

Atlanta, Georgia
“Go-To Pizza Place in Gainesville”
Reviewed 5 January 2013

We've been going to Little Italy Pizzeria for several years now and it never fails to disappoint. I work in Gainesville now and hit this at least once a week. Can get just a slice or a whole pie. No wait staff. Kitchen staff seems to do it all, at does it well.
Nice crust on pizza, cheese is gooey, and salads are decent too. When dining out, we usually select pizza every other time, so I know my pizza. I would recommend this pizza over any chain restaurant, although Mellow Mushroom is a contender as well.
Nice hole in the wall place that serves great pie.

• Visited December 2012
Marietta, GA
“Crack Pie...gotta have it!”
Reviewed 30 September 2012

OMG...this is my crack pie! I am originally from Philly and know real Italian pizzarias--- and this is IT in Gainesville. I hate to hear the negatives from performers not being paid and folks that have been ripped off by paying with a credit card. This is just not right Little Italy! Get your act together. I always pay cash. Your pizza is the best. Absolutely the best crust, soft chewy... ahhhh....heaven. The downside is I have been dieting and this is one of my celebration meals just once in a while now. I would rather go here than a fancy meal anyday. I always order the pizza, but hubby has gotten cheesesteaks and craves them as well. If I was going off my diet, this is the place. Someday, I just have to try all the other yummy looking sandwiches, calzones, stromboli's, etc. I just cant get past having the pizza for my once in a while "treat".

• Visited September 2012
Cleveland, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Food, But . . .”
Reviewed 8 September 2012

I am half of a blues duo. Yesterday evening my partner and I played on the deck at this restaurant. We did three good 45 minute sets. We were told when we booked this venue that we would receive $150.00 in monetary compensation plus food plus beverage. There were 20 people listening to us. Of those 20, 16 were people that came specifically to hear us. The owner was not present. The staff didn't even know that we were supposed to play. At the end of the evening we went to collect our pay. They gave us $100.00 and told us that Ben Cortese (the owner) would call us in the morning. I am 66 and my partner is 61. We do this to supplement our meager incomes. This, to us, is unacceptable. The food was okay. The service was very slow. We will not be back.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Charles M
gainesville,ga
“Good value and food”
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I've had about everything there. All is good but nothing is really great. The cheese steaks are one of the best values in town especially if you get the double meat extra cheese for around $8.50-9.00 and is HUGE. However, it is an OK cheese steak that I put A1 steak sauce on which is sacreligous for cheesesteaks but it needs it from here.
Pizza is real good and the calzones are also good not great.
They has a lunch deal that is something like 2 big slices of cheese pizza and drink for $5.00.
One of the best pizza places within a 20 mile radius, trust me, I've been hunting places since I moved her in 1999 from Chicagoland.

• Visited September 2011