“The freshest seafood this side of the Gulf of Mexico”

Atlanta Highway Seafood Market
Ranked #1 of 246 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Gainesville, Georgia
“The freshest seafood this side of the Gulf of Mexico”
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

For several years I have been a faithful patron of this restaurant. If you want eat in Gainesville where the locals go, this should be your first stop! When you walk in the first thing you will notice are the stainless steel coolers full of an array of fresh whole fish. They will cook it just the way you want it,or prep it for travel. That means vacuum sealed with your favorite dry spices in tow. If you are a seafood lover this is the only place that has fresh seafood delivered twice a week to give you the very best the ocean has to offer. Étouffée,oysters,red beans and rice, gumbo, and fresh Cajun boiled crawfish (as long as they are in season), and a wide variety of other seafood dishes are sure to please. If your serious about your seafood this is a MUST while you are visiting Gainesville. The staff are always pleasant and the food is unreal. There isn't anything on the menu that isn't fantastic. Prices are reasonable, but remember, you are getting fresh not frozen seafood. Skip the other guys,you'll only leave disappointed. Glad I live close to this one. Atlanta Hwy Seafood Market does it right EVERY....SINGLE ....TIME!

1 Thank Ben W

Gainesville, Georgia
“Always Fresh and Good”
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Just had fresh boiled shrimp and cole slaw to go...Owner offered complimetary drink while waiting. Excellent food and always friendly service.

Visited June 2014
Cumming, Georgia
“can't see it!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

we were told by my brother in law how good the seafood was at Atlanta hway seafood restaurant,so met my brother and his wife there for lunch. my wife and I had the fried schrimp dinners and I also had a bowl of gumbo. the schrimp seemed to have been frozen and pre-breaded and the gumbo was really not that good! I guess we don't know good seafood, but hey, my brother lived ten years in Mandeville, la. and we just came back from florida in may!

Woodstock, Georgia
“OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Was looking for a new seafood place to try for Fathers Day. Found this place on the internet. Many great reviews...had to see for myself. Very busy place, did not have to wait very long. Ordered the special- Seafood etouffee over grilled grit cake,and a hand made eggroll. My wife ordered Shrimp and scallops and my son got calamari(which I hate). OMG, The etouffee special was the BEST seafood I have eaten in years(Im from Florida), I tried (against my will) my sons calamari....OMG, they were awesome, NOT RUBBERY. They were like fried clams. This place is approx 1 hour from our house.......WORTH THE TRIP. I might not be able to go every week, but it will be on my mind....ESPECIALLY tonight..when I try the Gumbo we took to go. Prices were very reasonable compared to most seafood places.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Super seafood”
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

I went back to this place for my birthday with my family. The food was very good. My mom had the grilled red snapper, my dad had the seafood platter. I had the flounder and shrimp. All the food tasted fresh, just as it caught out the ocean, cleaned,, filet, prepared, and cooked. The service was super.

Visited June 2014