“Excellent value; outstanding personnel”

Home Towne Studios - Gainesville
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed 15 July 2013

This hotel was a welcome change after an unpleasant night at a nearby hotel in Gainesville. Leigh, the front desk manager, was especially helpful and could not have been nicer to deal with. The room and public areas were clean and welcoming. I am a single woman traveling alone and felt safe and protected while at Suburban. The room's carpet was clean and fresh-smelling, and the bed and bath linens were good. Tub/shower, sinks, dishes, cookware and appliances were sparkling. Several restaurants and fast-food chains are nearby, as is a supermarket across the street. I come to Gainesville once a year for a sports tournament and plan to stay here every time.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank DudandCarol
GM1470, General Manager at Home Towne Studios - Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Saying thank you seems hardly enough for the extremely nice comments you left regarding your stay with us while you were in Gainesville for the recent Lacrosse tournament. Leigha did mention, to me, that you had wonderful things to stay about our hotel and that she asked you if you would be able to relate those same comments here at TripAdvisor. Imagine my surprise when I checked TripAdvisor and I read your critique of our hotel and staff. Our new Housekeeping Supervisor is thrilled that you mentioned the cleanliness of the room. She is pleased that her efforts with her staff have not gone unnoticed. We look forward to your next visit and hope that you will have the opportunity to come back to Gainesville before next years Lacrosse tournament. Lovely pleasant people such as yourselves are always welcome at our Suburban Extended Stay.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

my husband and I with our 2 young kids has been here for over 6 months now... the place is very nice.. housekeeping comes in each week to clean your room and does a wonderful job when cleaning. they have a nice staff. the staff Is very nice. the manager is nice.. we had no problems.. its very convient for us when we have to go to the store. you are able to walk to the store.. we are located next to one. there are many places close by where you can walk. ..the hotel keeps it clean.. its comfortable.. I think they have the best customer service. if we had to leave and came back yes we would stay here again... the staff always have smiles on their faces and greets you ..

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank abby h
GM1470, General Manager at Home Towne Studios - Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2013

Thank you Abby for your lovely comments. I know that we have certainly enjoyed having you and your family staying with us at our hotel. As the General Manager, I so appreciate your constant efforts in keeping our Front Desk alerted each week when you are repaying. You are a model Suburban Extended Stay family guest and I wish more of our guests, staying long term, were as wonderful as you and your family have been. We hope that you will be with us for a long time to come.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

This hotel is wheere I live. 2 year now. There is new manager is better. Hotel more quiet. Room is clean ever week. My work is close y I like much the store to buy food I walk here. I like the peoples here very nice alway smile say helo.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Yasenni M
GM1470, General Manager at Home Towne Studios - Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Thank you for your very nice comments. We really appreciate your being with us for so long. Your kind words will let others know that for a few nights or several years that we have a nice quiet property in which to stay. Thank you again.

Reviewed 21 June 2013

I stayed for a week at this hotel and found that it had the best customer service in the area. The Front Desk Supervisor was wonderful and so was the GM. The housekeepers did a wonderful job on my room. It smelled so fresh when I walked in. I would definetely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Precious O
GM1470, General Manager at Home Towne Studios - Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Thank you Precious for your comments. We have quite a few happy guests who stay with us both long and short term and we are encouraging as many as possible to visit TripAdvisor and post the lovely comments they tell us on the desk. We so appreciate your taking the time out of your busy day to do this for us and we look forward to seeing you again when you are back this way. Thank you again.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

Checked into room and carpet was so filthy it turned the bottom of my feet BLACK! Asked manager to please clean carpet. Been over 5 weeks now still nothing done. Moving out this weekend. Never before have seen such poor management at a motel. Manager does not care about the comfort of her quest at all. Not sure how she keeps her job.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank james r

Thank you very much for your comments.

You arrived in late January and departed just a few days shy of five months later, in June 2013.

The room you are speaking about was the second room you were in at our hotel. You had an issue with someone else at this property and we moved you to a different room. You used this second room for almost two months before mentioning the carpet.

We told you that we would clean the carpet for you but that it would not be immediately, as we had a few projects and that we were under a deadline to finish. You did not want to wait. (I won't go into details)

When we were able to set up a time to do the carpet cleaning, you refused to let us clean the carpet.

As the General Manager, I know that you personally have an issue with me. I and my staff never once treated you with anything but respect even though we never received the same from you.

I do honestly hope that wherever you may now be staying, will be able to make you happy.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

Jennifer is the only one with real costumer service skills.She needs to take over as manager .and get rid of clueless Tammy Hawkin who seems to just not care.Leah has the worst attitude and is blatantly in your face rude.I lived with a broken smelly toilette, AC broken,tiny rooms and much more.Don't go to this poorly managed shoe box sized hell hole there are plenty others nearby that offer above and beyond in normal standards.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 387HeatherB
GM1470, General Manager at Home Towne Studios - Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

Thank you, yet again, Heather for your comments.

The room you occupied was registered to your boyfriend. He told me personally that he was happy with our hotel, service, and the compensation we gave, due to a toilet issue.

Do you think that by bad mouthing my hotel and staff, changing and increasing your stories depending upon who you are complaining to, will get more compensation? You already asked Choice Hotels to force us to give you one free night, when they refused, you contacted them changing your stories and asked them to force our hotel to give you a free week. They refused you a second time. All this after the compensation we gave was happily accepted by your boyfriend.

Now you go to TripAdvisor to post about our hotel. Do you think that this will get you some other type of compensation? Shame on you.

Our Hotel receives quite a number of compliments through our franchise service regarding our high level of customer service especially regarding Leigha, our Front Desk Supervisor, and myself, as clueless as you indicate that I am. Personally my high level of customer service has been mentioned on TripAdvisor, through the other hotels, which I have managed.

We wish you all the best in whichever hotel you have gone to stay.

Reviewed 24 February 2012

First thing you should know is that the internet in my room was horrible. It went out all the time and was slow and difficult to connect to ALWAYS. The selection of television stations is just as bad. I went to another motel for two more weeks rather than live with the horrible internet provided and television stations. For what they lost just on my business, they could have paid for a better internet provider. The manager and staff admitted that the wi-fi is horrible and always is that bad. The neighborhood is sketchy, but I had no problems with parking or safety. There was noise from the road and a nearby street that could be annoying.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you like using the internet or watching television. Make sure to check the ro...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Scott H
GM1470, General Manager at Home Towne Studios - Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2013

...AS OF NOVEMBER 8, 2012, THIS HOTEL CHANGED OWNERSHIP AND BECAME A FRANCHISED PROPERTY WITH CHOICE HOTELS. ANY PRIOR COMMENTS DO NOT APPLY...
.Scott, I so want to thank you for your comments regarding this property. Management and Staff did tell you the truth about the internet, and yes the television channels at this hotel were very limited.

Both have been upgraded. This was in process prior to our taking over this hotel. Finally... all has been completed!

The FREE wireless Internet is SLAMMING!

Television..., We now have over 100 cable channels, seven of them HBO channels!

Combine that with our fully equip kitchens, FREE local and US Long Distance calls, great rates, friendly staff, safe property, very reasonable nightly, weekly, and monthly rates, why would anyone want to stay anywhere else in Gainesville!

Scott, we thank you again for your comments and we hope that the next time you are in town or the area, that you will come back and stay with us so that you will be able to experience for yourself how much our Hotel has SO IMPROVED!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gainesville
The Guest Lodge Gainesville
Ramada Gainesville
Ramada Gainesville
#6 of 12 in Gainesville
Crossland Studios Atlanta - Lawrenceville
Crossland Studios Atlanta - Lawr...
#10 of 11 in Lawrenceville

Been to Home Towne Studios - Gainesville? Share your experiences!