“Not the Worst Place I've Stayed”

Home Towne Studios - Gainesville
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Gainesville isn't a cheap place to stay. If you need a place to stay that is cheaper than most of Gainesville, then consider this place.

The pros: Wireless was faster than most places we stay and reliable. If you have to have TV, the channel selection was huge.

The minuses: We like extended stay places because they usually have larger rooms to accommodate the kitchen. Not this place. Small room. The place is clean but run down. Tears in the chairs, rust around the doors, heater had to work overtime to keep the place comfortable. The bed wasn't to uncomfortable, but with two in the bed, you ended up rolling into the huge sag in the middle of the bed. Good thing the wife and I love each other. The pillows were awful.

For Gainesville and the price, I'd consider it. But if I saved up a few bucks more before I go there, I would stay someplace else.

Room Tip: A different hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
SMoses120, General Manager at Home Towne Studios - Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Dear Doc S: Thank you for your candid review of the Suburban Extended Stay in Gainesville. As the new General Manager, you certainly give our team a better than average starting point as we are shooting for the number 1 spot in Gainesville, Georgia lodging. We greatly appreciate your good ratings of our service, value, price and location and do apologize you encountered some of the bumps in the “road” in our rooms, sleep quality and cleanliness. I would like to assure you and the traveling public our team has already taken and will continue to take serious action to improve what was lacking during your stay. When in Gainesville, Georgia, we do hope you will give us another opportunity to be of service and another review. Travel Safe! Most Cordially, Suzanne M, GM

Reviewed 8 November 2013

I was in the area for a job interview. It went well. I stayed at this hotel because of the kitchens with the dishes and pots and pans. Also, it was a Choice Hotel so I felt comfortable.

I am back home now and expecting to hear about my job interview within the next few days. I will be positive and say that when I get this job offer, I will be staying at this hotel, when I come back to the area for work.

I had reservations for two nights but extended my stay for another night. I wanted to look around the town to learn the area that I would be living in.

The hotel was great! Older but very quiet. One hears such horror stories about extended stay hotels. Even though this hotel is under Choice Hotels, I worried a little bit.

I didn't need to. Like I said, the hotel was very quiet. The other guests that I saw were so very nice. The lobby staff were wonderful. All the staff were great. Tammy and Leiah were so nice and helpful in answering all of my questions about the area. They pointed out the benifits of staying at their hotel versis getting an apartment. I checked, they were right! I will save money by staying at their hotel. With the kitchen, it is perfect for me.

This hotel, from what I saw, was well run, clean, quiet and safe. I felt very comfortable. This was much more than what I had expected. I was well impressed.

Room Tip: Tammy mentioned that I would like a 3rd floor room, no one walking on top of me. They have an eleva...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank JandD W
GM1470, General Manager at Home Towne Studios - Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

We are glad that your job interview went well and we are very happy that you stayed with us while you were in our area. We will keep our fingers crossed for you and hope that you will be returning very soon. Thank you for your lovely comments, we appreciate them very much. See you soon!

Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

I have stayed there for over a month and I have had great costumer service the room is in good shape over all a good place to stay if in Gainesville for a extended time it is safe I have not had any issues with other gust or any one in the area

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank Bucs2827
GM1470, General Manager at Home Towne Studios - Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

We have certainly enjoyed having you stay with us. Your smiling face coming into our lobby looking for that special piece of mail brings a grin to my face every time I think of you! We really miss you, now that you have left, and can't wait until your job brings you back our way. Take care of yourself while you are away and make sure you call us ahead of time so that we can reserve a room for you. Thank you too for these comments, we appreciate your taking the time to let us and others know how much you enjoyed staying with us. See you soon!

Reviewed 31 July 2013

I would normally never write one of these but I called and spoke with the front desk and the manager today regarding a future stay. While I have not stayed here, I most definitely would- based on at least 2 of the staff.

I didn't think that I would actually get someone on the phone but when I did and they treated me respectfully and answered all of my questions, I felt that this was worth bragging on. Most of all I was not treated as though I was wasting their time. I look forward to going up there later this year.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank A D
GM1470, General Manager at Home Towne Studios - Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

We really appreciate the comments you have posted here at TripAdvisor. This lets us know that we are doing our jobs correctly. Thank you so very much for taking the time to let others know how we are doing. We look forward to your visiting with us in the next few months so that we can meet in person. We hope, at our hotel, that you never feel that you are wasting our time by asking questions. We love to chat with all of our guests, past, present, and future. See you soon!

Reviewed 15 July 2013

This hotel was a welcome change after an unpleasant night at a nearby hotel in Gainesville. Leigh, the front desk manager, was especially helpful and could not have been nicer to deal with. The room and public areas were clean and welcoming. I am a single woman traveling alone and felt safe and protected while at Suburban. The room's carpet was clean and fresh-smelling, and the bed and bath linens were good. Tub/shower, sinks, dishes, cookware and appliances were sparkling. Several restaurants and fast-food chains are nearby, as is a supermarket across the street. I come to Gainesville once a year for a sports tournament and plan to stay here every time.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank DudandCarol
GM1470, General Manager at Home Towne Studios - Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Saying thank you seems hardly enough for the extremely nice comments you left regarding your stay with us while you were in Gainesville for the recent Lacrosse tournament. Leigha did mention, to me, that you had wonderful things to stay about our hotel and that she asked you if you would be able to relate those same comments here at TripAdvisor. Imagine my surprise when I checked TripAdvisor and I read your critique of our hotel and staff. Our new Housekeeping Supervisor is thrilled that you mentioned the cleanliness of the room. She is pleased that her efforts with her staff have not gone unnoticed. We look forward to your next visit and hope that you will have the opportunity to come back to Gainesville before next years Lacrosse tournament. Lovely pleasant people such as yourselves are always welcome at our Suburban Extended Stay.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

my husband and I with our 2 young kids has been here for over 6 months now... the place is very nice.. housekeeping comes in each week to clean your room and does a wonderful job when cleaning. they have a nice staff. the staff Is very nice. the manager is nice.. we had no problems.. its very convient for us when we have to go to the store. you are able to walk to the store.. we are located next to one. there are many places close by where you can walk. ..the hotel keeps it clean.. its comfortable.. I think they have the best customer service. if we had to leave and came back yes we would stay here again... the staff always have smiles on their faces and greets you ..

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank abby h
GM1470, General Manager at Home Towne Studios - Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2013

Thank you Abby for your lovely comments. I know that we have certainly enjoyed having you and your family staying with us at our hotel. As the General Manager, I so appreciate your constant efforts in keeping our Front Desk alerted each week when you are repaying. You are a model Suburban Extended Stay family guest and I wish more of our guests, staying long term, were as wonderful as you and your family have been. We hope that you will be with us for a long time to come.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

This hotel is wheere I live. 2 year now. There is new manager is better. Hotel more quiet. Room is clean ever week. My work is close y I like much the store to buy food I walk here. I like the peoples here very nice alway smile say helo.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Yasenni M
GM1470, General Manager at Home Towne Studios - Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Thank you for your very nice comments. We really appreciate your being with us for so long. Your kind words will let others know that for a few nights or several years that we have a nice quiet property in which to stay. Thank you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gainesville
The Guest Lodge Gainesville
Ramada Gainesville
Ramada Gainesville
#6 of 13 in Gainesville
Crossland Studios Atlanta - Lawrenceville
Crossland Studios Atlanta - Lawr...
#10 of 11 in Lawrenceville
Hampton Inn Gainesville
Hampton Inn Gainesville
#4 of 13 in Gainesville

Been to Home Towne Studios - Gainesville? Share your experiences!