“nasty and unfriendley staff”

Motel 6 Gainesville
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Gainesville
Gainesville, Georgia
“nasty and unfriendley staff”
Reviewed 8 October 2010

Me and my husband desided to rent a oom at motel 6 just to get away for the nite. the girl at the front desk was not veary friendley at all and when my key didnt work she acted like it just killed her to get off her butt to make me another. anyway the room was nasty the bed smelled like arm pitt. to make a long storey short we left early and wouldnt send our dog to sleep theere.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank ledford12
extendedstaygainesvi, Webmaster at Motel 6 Gainesville, responded to this review, 12 May 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Motel 6 Gainesville, GA for your recent get away.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

1) The front desk staff received additional training in the courteous way in which they are to treat our valued guests.

2) The housekeeping staff received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

I hope that the next time you and your husband decide to have a get away time, you will once again choose to stay at Motel 6 Gainesville, GA. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Bryson City, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 June 2010

Absolutely a no-frills place but quiet, had an area for RV's to park, comfortable beds, clean room and bath, and friendly, helpful staff. We were traveling and just needed a place to stop and sleep a few hours. Even had a grassy, freshly mowed pet walk area. Older motel, not for those who think old equals bad.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated. I am glad that your stay with us was a pleasant one. Upon receipt of your review, the staff members were informed of the nice things you said concerning our establishment.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Motel 6 Gainesville, GA. I think you will be greatly pleased.

South Georgia
Reviewed 22 October 2009

Booked two rooms traveling up to North Georgia Mountains, stayed only one night. My two daughters were scared to go to sleep. Alot of foot traffic from nearby run down neighborhood, alot of creepy people around. Pictures online do NOT reflect the hotel now, very run down. Hotel manager tried to make me pay for three rooms, when I only booked two. Room was not clean, floor looked like it hadn't been vaccumed, bed cover had cigarette burns and the thing that topped it all off...my 15 year old daughter found a pack of codoms behind the night stand. DISGUSTING! Would not have stayed if I had gotten there earlier..it was late, so we locked the door, my daughter placed a chair in front of the door she was so scared. We went to sleep, got up early the next morning and quickly left. Horrible experience!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank mommylfor2
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken:

1) Management and security staff were notified of your report of ‘creepy’ people being around and that you and your daughters felt insecure. They were instructed to look into the matter.

2) Housekeeping staff received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

3) Management staff received additional training in being able to tell exactly how many rooms our valued guests have booked.

4) We are looking into the matter of making sure that our online presence and our hotel are better matched.

Atlanta
Reviewed 15 April 2009

Don't bother staying here as it's the scariest place I've ever stayed.

My three brothers and I drove to Gainesville for a family funeral and all hotels were booked due to s local track meet. We figured this was OK for one night, and we were so wrong.

Check-in is walled off with bulletproof glass, rooms are the dirtiest I've ever seen (mold in the bathrooms, horrible carpet and bedding, beat up fixtures). We decided to have a few beers before retiring just to help us get over the shock when a roach crawled out onto the night table (one less roach there, thanks to a big shoe). That made all of us jumpy and we hardly slept. I was fortunate that I brought my sleeping bag and didn't have to get into a bed. My brothers weren't so fortunate. Heard arguments in other rooms all night. People yelling outside at all hours. We couldn't wait to depart and were out by 7 am although the funeral wasn't until 11:30 am.

Now I know the meaning behind "We'll leave the light on for you" .... it's to keep the roaches at bay until you close your eyes.

I'll never stay in a Motel 6 ever again. For those of you who recommend it because they take pets, I wouldn't let my dog stay there as I truly believe his dog house is much nicer. My recommendation ... Keep driving or sleep in your car.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank gfong63
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Motel 6 Gainesville, GA for your recent stay in our area. I am so sorry for your reason for the visit, you and your brothers do have my sincere sympathy.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is rreatly appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

1) Maintenance staff was notified of your report of roaches in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to their extermination.

2) Housekeeping staff received additional instruction regarding the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

3) Management staff received additional instruction regarding their responsibility to see to it that our valued guests remember their obligation to respect the rights of their fellow guests.

Ohio
Reviewed 12 July 2008

I travel all year around for my job. So I stay in many motels. This was the worst place I've ever stayed. There was cockroaches and the rooms were flithy. They didn't have enough towels for all their customers.People on our jobsite that was from the area.They said it was known for the hookers and drugs.
Also nothing ever has been stolen out of our truck at any motel that we've stayed at. But second night sitting not 50 ft. from front desk, they stole our cooler .I wouldn't want anyone to experience what we did.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — they never cleaned rooms or had enough towels
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank Motelmamaw
Dear Guest,

1) The housekeeping staff received additional training regarding the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees. They also received additional instruction in making sure that the rooms are properly equip with towels etc.

2) Maintenance staff was instructed to look into the matter of roaches and see to their etermination.

3) Management staff and security staff were notified of what you were told concerning hookers and drugs and instructed to see that this sort of thing did not happen on our premises. They were also notified of the theft of your cooler.

Florida
Reviewed 7 July 2008

We found this hotel as a pet-friendly alternative to a bad first choice. The rates ($45/night) were great. The hotel is simple, no hairdryer, or even clock in the room; no shampoo, just soap. But it was clean. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful - set up a mini fridge upon request. Even the other guests were nice. The pool was clean and pleasant. Can't ask for much more when you are paying so little.

• Liked — value
  • Disliked — location (for our trip)
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
Gainesville, Georgia
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,039 helpful votes
Reviewed 15 February 2007

this place had changed ownership so many times i've lost count. it's fallen on hard times after the orgianal ownership sold out. no new sign seems to help either. the best thing that could happen would be a for the wrecking balls to knock it down adn the bull doziers load it up and take it away. each new fasade seems to fail more than the last. no amount of new paint will save this place. it has seen it's day. last century sad to say. it is close to the i-985 traffic and near town but don't let that convienence fool you as it's what we used to say ,,,on the wrong side of the tracks. beware!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — disease and health concerns
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled on business
2 Thank Bbqman3341
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review it is greatly appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, your comments were given serious thought. We have conferred with management as to what can be done to make our establishment the place that we wish it to be.