“Breakfast was great!”
Review of Ramada Gainesville

Ramada Gainesville
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Although the hotel is a little dated, it is still in great shape. The staff was pleasant and the rooms were right on par for what one would expect from a Holiday Inn. I was most impressed with the breakfast buffet that is included with the room. Not only was their many hot food choices but the silverware and coffee was provided at the table by a hostess. I will definitely be staying here again if the opportunity presents itself.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Connoisseur72
Kent S, General Manager at Ramada Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

We appreciate your staying with us and the entire staff is pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!

It is always nice to be able to make someone's stay with us a great one!

We look forward to your return stay.

Kent Scarbrough - General Manager

Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on a trip to Cleveland GA. Hotel staff was extremely nice. Lounge was nice and attended by courteous staff. Breakfast was good just a little small for number of guests. Many people waiting in hall for tables to open. I would suggest getting to breakfast before 9:00am. Breakfast menu:
Eggs -powdered
Bacon& sausage
Buscuits & gravy
Fruit, cereal & muffins
Only issue with room was missing remote. When front desk brought a new one it didnt work. I did not call front desk with remote second issue. Other than that no problem.
I would definetly stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013
Kent S, General Manager at Ramada Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Thank you for your stay with us! We do have classic old world styling while maintaining the modern comforts as well. Since we give a free breakfast to each guest, there are times that our 45 seat restaurant can fill, usually the wait is brief and well worth it.

I am also pleased to hear you were treated with our normal courtesy by our pleasant staff. Sorry to hear about the missing remote.

Hopefully you will get a chance to stay here with us again! We look forward to serving you.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

We are from Memphis Tn and my wife had a heart attack in Ga and had a triple bypass at the Northeast Regional Ga Hospital. I stayed at the Holiday Inn Lanier Centre for 10 days. I was treated like family during my stay. Breakfast was awesome and I decided to try the restaurant for dinner and never ate anywhere else the rest of the time. The food is great and the service was over the top. Robert, Michele, Debbie and the lady that serves breakfast most mornings went over and above what you would expect. All of this made a very long stay out of town like I was home. My wife was able to join me the last 2 days before coming back to Memphis and she said the staff was excellant.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Wayne N
Kent S, General Manager at Ramada Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Thank you for posting your experience with us. We all hope your wife is making a great recovery and we are glad that you both found the staff here accommodating and I am extremely glad they did everything they could to make your stay the best possible.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We never had to drive once we arrived. The hotel is adjacent to a crosswalk that leads into a delightful town square. Breakfast was a free hot buffet. A pleasant night in a pleasant village at the base of the Georgia mountains.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank judyAlabama
Kent S, General Manager at Ramada Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Thank you for letting others know that you enjoyed your stay and breakfast with us. We are fortunate to be located at the main intersection adjacent to downtown, so there are plenty of shops, restaurants and services easily within walking distance.

I hope you get the chance to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

First, the biggest plus was the best breakfast I have had at a motel in a long time. The lady attending it seemed to really take pride in her work too, giving us a warm welcome. There are plenty of spaces available for sitting too. There is a very cool lounge, like a classy library too. We didn't use it, but it looked like a fun place to get a drink. The girl who checked us in was very accommodating, letting us get the room a little early so we could leave a bike in the room while we took off hiking. The only draw backs are that the hotel is a little older, there was no hot tub that I saw and the pool water was cloudy. There is a fridge in the room.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Gina A
Kent S, General Manager at Ramada Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

I just wanted to write and tell you thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the breakfast and that everyone was accommodating. We are very glad to have made your stay a special one.

Yours,

Reviewed 5 August 2013

This hotel was excellent in every way (clean, well furnished, great at check-in, etc.), except the way the housekeeping staff operates. We were only there overnight and it started with a two ring phone call to wake us Sunday morning at 8 a.m. - no one was on the line. Then starting at 9 a.m. the housekeeping staff started pounding on the door and we had to be rude to them at 9:30 to make them stop. The checkout is 11 a.m. and the hotel computers should be able to tell them who has checked out and who hasn't. This really upset us because we rarely get to sleep in and had our alarm set for 9:30 a.m. Management should fix this right away.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank rick o
Kent S, General Manager at Ramada Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

As the GM, I have already taken steps to be sure that this does not occur again. We value each guest and want them to enjoy their stay to the fullest!

I am glad you enjoyed the hotel and I apologize for the inconvenience you suffered. Your comments have had an immediate effect!

Reviewed 21 July 2013

I absolutely loved this hotel. The service was excellent, the rooms were very clean, the pool was nice and the free breakfast was excellent, eggs made to order! I will definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: July 2013
Kent S, General Manager at Ramada Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at our hotel. Every comment is important and taken very seriously. We hope that you will get the opportunity to visit our hotel again and enjoy our hospitality.

We look forward to seeing you!

Kent Scarbrough

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gainesville
Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville
#4 of 12 in Gainesville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Gainesville
Best Western Plus Lake Lanier Gainesville Hotel & Suites
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Braselton

Been to Ramada Gainesville? Share your experiences!