“Just what we needed!!!”
Review of Ramada Gainesville

Ramada Gainesville
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed 5 December 2013

After staying in a hotel in Albany with a ton of problems, I was elated to find this hotel on our way up to Dawsonville. SUPER clean & the entire hotel smelled delightful!! Friendly, helpful staff...very accommodating. I just wish every hotel I stay in could be this nice. I absolutely loved it!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank ebeth916
Kent S, General Manager at Ramada Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always our goal to make each stay exactly like the one you described.

I appreciate your taking the time to let us know we succeeded in making your stay a great one.

Kent Scarbrough-General Manager

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I frequent many of the Holiday Inn/HI Express locations throughout GA while on business. Stayed at this location for the first time in November and was pretty disappointed. As a IHG Platinum member, I am used to the pleasantry of a free bottled water which was not provided. I was, however, directed to the vending machines. When I entered my room, I noticed that there was standing water beneath the tank of the toilet. Later, I noticed that there were smears of DIRT on the bathroom floor that I originally thought were swirls of the flooring. Made me nervous to think that the bed was not clean. I had just stayed at the Holiday Inn Athens location the night before where their service and cleanliness was outstanding. Needless to say, Gainesville Holiday Inn did not impress!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Kent S, General Manager at Ramada Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Madam,

I am also disappointed to hear about the problem with your stay, here, again. As soon as the Front Desk manager spoke to you, and gave you the room free, I went and checked the room personally myself.

The entire staff will be retrained on the IHG Rewards benefits, you were most certainly entitled to the bottled water and for this I apologize personally.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

I have been coming here for business for years. The staff is amazing and the breakfast is always free and great. Convenient location downtown. Great menu for dinner as well. I personally love the Salmon.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank avidtraveller404

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to give us a review on how much you enjoyed your stay. It is wonderful to know that we meet your expectations and exceeded our goals.

Looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Although the hotel is a little dated, it is still in great shape. The staff was pleasant and the rooms were right on par for what one would expect from a Holiday Inn. I was most impressed with the breakfast buffet that is included with the room. Not only was their many hot food choices but the silverware and coffee was provided at the table by a hostess. I will definitely be staying here again if the opportunity presents itself.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Connoisseur72
Kent S, General Manager at Ramada Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

We appreciate your staying with us and the entire staff is pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!

It is always nice to be able to make someone's stay with us a great one!

We look forward to your return stay.

Kent Scarbrough - General Manager

Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on a trip to Cleveland GA. Hotel staff was extremely nice. Lounge was nice and attended by courteous staff. Breakfast was good just a little small for number of guests. Many people waiting in hall for tables to open. I would suggest getting to breakfast before 9:00am. Breakfast menu:
Eggs -powdered
Bacon& sausage
Buscuits & gravy
Fruit, cereal & muffins
Only issue with room was missing remote. When front desk brought a new one it didnt work. I did not call front desk with remote second issue. Other than that no problem.
I would definetly stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013
Kent S, General Manager at Ramada Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Thank you for your stay with us! We do have classic old world styling while maintaining the modern comforts as well. Since we give a free breakfast to each guest, there are times that our 45 seat restaurant can fill, usually the wait is brief and well worth it.

I am also pleased to hear you were treated with our normal courtesy by our pleasant staff. Sorry to hear about the missing remote.

Hopefully you will get a chance to stay here with us again! We look forward to serving you.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

We are from Memphis Tn and my wife had a heart attack in Ga and had a triple bypass at the Northeast Regional Ga Hospital. I stayed at the Holiday Inn Lanier Centre for 10 days. I was treated like family during my stay. Breakfast was awesome and I decided to try the restaurant for dinner and never ate anywhere else the rest of the time. The food is great and the service was over the top. Robert, Michele, Debbie and the lady that serves breakfast most mornings went over and above what you would expect. All of this made a very long stay out of town like I was home. My wife was able to join me the last 2 days before coming back to Memphis and she said the staff was excellant.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Wayne N
Kent S, General Manager at Ramada Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Thank you for posting your experience with us. We all hope your wife is making a great recovery and we are glad that you both found the staff here accommodating and I am extremely glad they did everything they could to make your stay the best possible.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We never had to drive once we arrived. The hotel is adjacent to a crosswalk that leads into a delightful town square. Breakfast was a free hot buffet. A pleasant night in a pleasant village at the base of the Georgia mountains.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank judyAlabama
Kent S, General Manager at Ramada Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Thank you for letting others know that you enjoyed your stay and breakfast with us. We are fortunate to be located at the main intersection adjacent to downtown, so there are plenty of shops, restaurants and services easily within walking distance.

I hope you get the chance to stay with us again soon!

Kent Scarbrough

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gainesville
Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville
#4 of 12 in Gainesville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Gainesville
Best Western Plus Lake Lanier Gainesville Hotel & Suites
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Braselton

Been to Ramada Gainesville? Share your experiences!