“Last stay!”
Review of Ramada Gainesville

Ramada Gainesville
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Has stayed at this hotel a few times but this was my last stay here. Stayed for two nights to attend a funeral and nothing was fine. As a Platinum member was upgraded to a room with Jacuzzi. But there was not a separate shower so you will have to get in the Jacuzzi to shower. It was very high and hard to get in and out and slippery. Room was musty and aged. Walked to the front desk to get a shower cap and they don’t do shower caps! So my wife had to improvise one from a laundry bag. Internet service was awful! It went down many times. Our door was opened with a master key without knocking first. And the breakfast was very, very poor. This hotel does give a bad reputation to Holiday Inn. Next time will stay at the Hampton Inn or Hilton Garden Inn.

Room Tip: Find another hotel like the Hampton Inn or the Hilton Garden Inn.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Kent S, General Manager at Ramada Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

I am sorry to hear your last stay was not what you had expected. Our Jacuzzi's are built as combined with tub and shower. Holiday Inn has stopped providing shower caps as a standard, so we do not have those on hand.

On the bright side, we are currently installing a fiber optic internet system that will increase reliability and speed by 10x!!! This should be in place by the end of this month.

I am not sure what problem you may have had with the breakfast, it is our most complimented service, but feel free to contact me directly so I can take steps to correct whatever may have been wrong.

Yours,

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I may have made the error when looking at the hotel description, It was rated 3 star but I would give it a 2 or 2 1/2. It is an older Holiday Inn. It was clean and the staff wonderful. Dugan checked us in smoothly and corrected an issue we had with the tv very quickly. We stopped by the lounge for a moment it was a lovely library theme. The staff was very sweet and personable. Dugan also gave us two maps of nearby attractions and directions to Walmart. He was very informant. The hot breakfast was a bonus each morning. Its a decent hotel. Location wasn't what I expected but we did feel safe in our room. It was just older than we had expected, but it was clean and the bed was comfortable. Tv and internet slow but worked.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor, they must have turned the ac on a bit before we got there it was very...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TeresaCallahan

I am so glad you found your stay an enjoyable one. We do pride ourselves on having a helpful and friendly staff.

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

This is a very nice, quiet hotel. Usually I stay at the HGI when in Gainesville but the were booked solid so I went back to what I know which is the Holiday Inn brands. King size bed I had here was very nice, slept very well. AC also very good. Restaurant has the free breakfast and this was very nice. Also you can have a very nice dinner here, the NY Strip is HUGE and tasty well seasoned and prepared. Really the only negative I have about staying here is the Internet service--it is not good. You get kicked off ALOT and it it is VERY SLOW.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Topdiamond

I think perhaps this is a duplicate review, but a helpful and great one. Thank you for your comments. We do pride ourselves of having a friendly and helpful staff.

Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

My mother and I stayed here while visiting family in Gainesville. The best part of the hotel was the easy check-in, location, and cleanliness. I enjoyed the proximity to the downtown area…it was a great place for a morning walk around the Gainesville square. There are some very cute shops and restaurants there. Back to the hotel…the shower wasn't as hot as I like it, but it seemed to get hotter in the mornings than at night. The toilet was a slow flusher and very low. There was also one of those red heat lights in the bathroom, which I never figured out why hotels have those. When changing channels on the TV, we could only enter one number so it was a hassle to scroll up channel by channel. Minor things, I suppose. Our breakfast was excellent! I wish there had been coffee in the lobby like most hotels have now, but the cookies they had were very good. It was a nice, quiet place to spend a couple of nights.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

It sounds as if you had a great time staying with us. Thank you for the review. There is no coffee in the lobby, but we do provide it free in the restaurant that is just adjacent to the lobby and, of course, in your room as well.

Thank you for staying with us, we hope you get the chance to stay again very soon!

Yours,

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Needed a hotel close to doctor's office. Rooms were clean, the hotel was very quiet and staff was fine. Only drawback is that it is older so the toilets are super low and the mattresses need to be replaced. Fine for one night but would not want to stay for longer.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Kent S, General Manager at Ramada Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Thank you for the review! I am glad to hear that you primarily enjoyed your stay, I will look at the items you mentioned to see if I can make improvements for your stay!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Had been traveling and just needed a clean safe place to sleep for the night and I found it with the Holiday Inn. One thing I have learned in all of my travels is that Holiday Inn is consistent in overall quality.

LOL, and I love their breakfast.... except this time I did notice the eggs weren't quite as good as some of the other HI's I've stayed in, but still good none the less.

The one thing I did notice though, is if out in the pool area there isn't a key pad to get back in.... you have to knock. Otherwise, an excellent stay and choice in hotels.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Kent S, General Manager at Ramada Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

We are glad you found the stay with us a good one!! We love our job and our job is hospitality!

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Very Clean hotel and the staff was very accommodating. The complimentary breakfast was average. I would stay here again. Nice pool for relaxing and is centrally located in Gainesville with plenty of parking.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Kent S, General Manager at Ramada Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us and for the review! We are so glad we could make your stay a great one!!

Kent Scarbrough

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gainesville
Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville
#4 of 12 in Gainesville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Gainesville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Braselton
Best Western Plus Lake Lanier Gainesville Hotel & Suites

Been to Ramada Gainesville? Share your experiences!