“good for the value”

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Gainesville
Budapest, Hungary
“good for the value”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The hotel location is good, in the center, has lots of parking places, the breakfast ok, the rooms are big and clean, good value for the money, very close for shops and downtown, free and fast internet, air conditioning very lout,

Room Tip: 4th floor the best
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Balu_Dakar
Kent S, General Manager at Ramada Gainesville, responded to this review, 25 September 2014
Everyone is looking for a good value, I am happy to hear that you found your stay with us to be one! We try to provide every modern amenity along with good service.

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Gainesville, GA!

Kent Scarbrough - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I thought Holiday Inn went through a transformation, but I guess this location did not participate. Everything about this hotel seems old, dated and in need of a renovation. I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express in Limerick, PA a few days earlier and that was great compared to this. When I checked in, I walked quite a long way to my room with luggage only to find that my room keys did not work. No apology from the front desk. They seemed indifferent. The free wifi didn't seem to work. The included breakfast buffet was scary so I skipped it! Overall, I was glad I was only staying one night as it was a depressing hotel...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Gainesville, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear JFKLGA,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. We strive to give impressive service and accommodations to all of our guests and it is regrettable we fell short of your expectations during your stay. Rest assured that we take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Mount Juliet
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Stayed here the weekend of June 13-15, 2014. Wanted to be near the downtown activity of Gainesville and this was the perfect location. Convenient walking bridge to access the square and just close to everything in town. The breakfast was sooo much better than your typical Holiday Inn experience! The lounge was nice as was the courtyard. Staff was friendly and helpful. The internet was very fast, no issues at all with that. Plenty of parking, well lit too. Can't ask for anything more!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Bryan L
Kent S, General Manager at Ramada Gainesville, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Glad to hear you enjoyed it so much. As always, that is our goal!!!

Hope to see you again soon.

Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This was an older Holiday Inn that is well kept, has a great courtyard with access from many first floor rooms. It was kept clean and the staff was very courteous (Especially Holly and Rob in the lounge.)
However, if you are planning a long business stay and have to rely on internet service for e-mails and paperwork this is NOT the place for you to stay. In the 5 days I stayed I wasn't able to keep a connection for longer than 15 minutes and many times was booted repeatedly right after logging on. This is the only reason my overall rating of this hotel is just Average.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for writing. We are sorry you have had problems with your connection. We are in the process of installing fiber optic internet that will increase our bandwith by 10X and at the same time we are putting in all new wireless access points and other internet hardware. We are making every effort to make our internet service the best possible experience.

Charlotte
Reviewed 17 June 2014

So we attended a wedding and booked here. We got a 2 queen room. Had a fridge but not microwave, that was ok but just an FYI. I agree The shower curtains were really musty and mildews and stunk. The bathtub/shower was really slippery. The rooms were very humid, more humid that outside so I don't know if it was due to poor ventilation in the hotel room. Otherwise, loved the beds and the pillows (4). We had great sleep, just hated the smell of the mildew and must from shower curtain that certainly needed to be washed or replaced. My husband wanted to request it be changed but because we stayed only a couple nights, we figured it would be better to write this review. Obviously it s something other customers agree with too!

Otherwise, loved the pool. Wish they had more pool towels. The breakfast and service was amazing just as other reviewers stated! We were highly satisfied with the breakfast buffet and how well stocked the staff kept food stocked. Excellent service.

Because the beds were comfy and the breakfast was excellent, I got what I needed. But the curtains and bathrooms give this place a 4 star .... Thank goodness the breakfast and beds made up for lack thereof. Otherwise, Holiday Inn was what we needed for the stay. Please change those curtains!

Room Tip: We stayed on 2nd floor. I think all rooms were comparable.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MylisaX_
Thank you for writing. I am glad that you seemed to really enjoy the majority of your stay. I will look into the issues you mentioned, but it does make me glad to know you enjoyed the breakfast and the staff during your multi day stay with us.

Pompano Beach, Florida
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Has stayed at this hotel a few times but this was my last stay here. Stayed for two nights to attend a funeral and nothing was fine. As a Platinum member was upgraded to a room with Jacuzzi. But there was not a separate shower so you will have to get in the Jacuzzi to shower. It was very high and hard to get in and out and slippery. Room was musty and aged. Walked to the front desk to get a shower cap and they don’t do shower caps! So my wife had to improvise one from a laundry bag. Internet service was awful! It went down many times. Our door was opened with a master key without knocking first. And the breakfast was very, very poor. This hotel does give a bad reputation to Holiday Inn. Next time will stay at the Hampton Inn or Hilton Garden Inn.

Room Tip: Find another hotel like the Hampton Inn or the Hilton Garden Inn.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Kent S, General Manager at Ramada Gainesville, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
I am sorry to hear your last stay was not what you had expected. Our Jacuzzi's are built as combined with tub and shower. Holiday Inn has stopped providing shower caps as a standard, so we do not have those on hand.

On the bright side, we are currently installing a fiber optic internet system that will increase reliability and speed by 10x!!! This should be in place by the end of this month.

I am not sure what problem you may have had with the breakfast, it is our most complimented service, but feel free to contact me directly so I can take steps to correct whatever may have been wrong.

Harlem, Georgia
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I may have made the error when looking at the hotel description, It was rated 3 star but I would give it a 2 or 2 1/2. It is an older Holiday Inn. It was clean and the staff wonderful. Dugan checked us in smoothly and corrected an issue we had with the tv very quickly. We stopped by the lounge for a moment it was a lovely library theme. The staff was very sweet and personable. Dugan also gave us two maps of nearby attractions and directions to Walmart. He was very informant. The hot breakfast was a bonus each morning. Its a decent hotel. Location wasn't what I expected but we did feel safe in our room. It was just older than we had expected, but it was clean and the bed was comfortable. Tv and internet slow but worked.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor, they must have turned the ac on a bit before we got there it was very...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TeresaCallahan
I am so glad you found your stay an enjoyable one. We do pride ourselves on having a helpful and friendly staff.

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

We look forward to your next stay.

Kent Scarbrough - General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gainesville
Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville
#3 of 12 in Gainesville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Gainesville
Home Towne Studios - Gainesville
Best Western Plus Lake Lanier Gainesville Hotel & Suites

Been to Ramada Gainesville? Share your experiences!