“Always enjoy this place!”
Review of El Sombrero

El Sombrero
Ranked #105 of 268 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 8 April 2013

It's standard Mexican fare, but it's consistently good and great prices. It's family friendly and fast, so it's easy to grab it to go or stop by for a quick meal.

Reviewed 23 March 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere is not anything special, but it is my favorite place to go for Mexican food. Lunch and dinner are both very tasty and great portions. You will not leave hungry. This Resturant is one of a chain; this one is my favorite, but they are all yummy.

Reviewed 17 October 2012

I ate here yesterday while on a business trip. The food was ok. I had a shrimp and fish grilled platter. It was actually pretty decent, but nothing special. Next time I will look around for some place with a little more "spice".

Reviewed 5 October 2012

I know this is probably not authentic Mexican, but my family loves it. They have the normal lunch and dinner combos as well as great chicken soup, nachos and fajitas. The staff is always very friendly and attentive. Compared to other chains, I think they have the best salsa. The restaurants I've visited are clean but I haven't visited all their locations.

Reviewed 27 September 2012

A bit chain oriented in style, not a fancy place, but the service was great, the good was very good and the margaritas were pretty good.

Very reasonably priced, as well. Best mexican I've found North of Atlanta.