My husband booked us a night at this RC Easter Weekend using his Marriott points. We both travel quite a bit and we try to use either our AmEx points or the specific airline/hotel reward points we build up over each year for our vacations as much as possible. I had used our RC reward points recently on a trip to South Florida, but decided to put some (over 50,000) of our Marriott points for a quick get away.
If you are looking for a warm welcome from "ladies and gentlemen" and are counting on some of that Ritz Carlton "my pleasure" treatment - DO NOT book a stay at this property using Marriott points.
When we checked in - we were given a totally different room than what we reserved using ample points. When we inquired as to the change the "lady" at the front desk responded "Im sorry maam, we don't grant those rooms to Marriott points guests." Are you kidding me? First of all - I had to spend tens of thousands of dollars with your parent company to get those points and it shouldn't matter how I come to pay for my room - I should be treated like a valued guest. When we then asked if we could pay the $200 fee to upgrade to a club level room, we were told there were no club rooms available. Yet - little did they know that when the same girl checked in our friends - they asked to pay the $200 fee and were given a choice between a club level room or a suite on a different floor but with club access.
During our two full days there I can honestly say that while we appreciate the beauty of the grounds (this was actually our third time at the hotel) and there are some nice features of the hotel such as the spa and the golf - we rarely encountered a "lady or gentlemen" as RC calls them that showed an ounce of hospitality. Derek our bellman was lovely. And the folks that worked tirelessly at the pool on Easter Sunday were memorable. Other than that - we are done with this resort if not all RC properties. The guest rooms need some modifications and updating. Ours had a musty smell and we encountered many glitches like a broken fridge, a sliding glass door that wouldn't open, a horribly dirty balcony, stained towels and an AC that kept us up all night. The food is simply mediocre. The Easter Brunch was $70 for an adult and $35 for my seven year old. I love a good Sunday Brunch and never mind paying for one, but this to me was price gouging. With tip, the bill was over 200 for food that was merely "decent".
We have a special needs child and asked for a few things before arrival - all of those requests were ignored - because we booked our room with "Marriott" points we were told - they could not accommodate such requests. All in all, we left feeling guilty for using the points, let down in almost every aspect of our stay and quite turned off to Ritz Carlton as a whole.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 75 miles from Atlanta and the world's busiest airport, a stunning lake shimmers in quiet tranquility. Cradled by verdant hills where pines tower to the sky and eagles dance with the sun, this secluded getaway transports guests to a place far away from daily cares and pressures. It's little wonder the family who formerly owned this land called it Linger Longer. Once here, guests yearn to stay, whether for golfing on championship courses, netting their daily limit of fish, discovering uncommon shops in antebellum towns or enjoying a delightful roster of outdoor activities. Amidst this engaging backdrop, the commanding presence of The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee offers an elegant invitation to meet in the heart of nature. The Ritz-Carlton on Lake Oconee, GA offers guests legendary service highlighted by gracious Southern hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Marriott, Prestigia, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation Hotel Greensboro
- Ritz Carlton Reynolds Plantation
- Ritz-Carlton Greensboro
- Ritz Greensboro
- Greensboro Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee Greensboro, Georgia