“Wonderful experience”

GreenLeadersGold level
Warner Robins, Georgia
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed at The Ritz-Carlton Lodge and was pleasantly suprised from start to finish. I have traveled all over the world and stayed in many five star resorts and this place ranks right up there. Staff is extremely friendly and courteous, rooms are good size, and pool area is nice. Oh yea and Dooley (dog) at check in is great! Only recommendation I would make is to thin out the chairs at pool in non-peak times to make it feel more spacious. Very minimal downgrade. Food and drinks are expense but what do you expect. Will be returning for sure!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
ralph v, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear KlingerGA,

Exceptional comments on your recent visit, thank you so much, especially considering your worldly travels, we are truly honored.

Great recommendation on the pool deck and just as an fyi, we are in the planning phase of adding an additional family pool so we can spread out the infinity pool chairs permanently! : )

Looking forward to your return, until then I remain,

...at your service

Ralph Vick

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 5 May 2014

This is one of our favourite places to go for a weekend away without having to travel too far from home, plus we can take our dog. We always stay club level, and everyone in there is absolutely wonderful. It's nice to see the same faces. We always request the same room on the ground floor facing the lake though, so that our dog can sit on the grass whilst we enjoy a glass of wine on the patio enjoying the view. There are lovely walks you can take with your dog, and the pool and restaurants are lovely. We have spent time here in the summer, over Christmas and in the autumn, and each time is as special. The outdoor pool is wonderful as well as the indoor pool. The spa is great and the service all around is wonderful. It's a more relaxed atmosphere than city Ritz Carlton's, but it fits the environment. Great family environment. The lake is beautiful and it's once to be somewhere where there isn't much distraction from the surrounding areas. The rooms have been recently renovated, but still have a more chalet style finish to them, which I love.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Jane B,

Loved your comments on your recent stay, much appreciated and I will most certainly share with my Ladies and Gentlemen. Please seek me out on your next visit so I can personally say hello and thank you. I assume your dog has been introduced to Dooley, our resort chocolate lab mascot?

Looking forward to your return!

All the best,

UK
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We looked forward to going to Reynolds Plantation but in the end left disappointed. Customer service in the lead up to our visit was absent with email queries being unanswered but we persevered and went anyway. The hotel itself is fine but we were given a room overlooking a marquee for weddings and such which was not great. The steak house was nice and we had a couple of pleasant evenings sitting at the bar eating samplers and drinking good cocktails and very pleasant local ales.
The most disappointing aspect of our visit was the golf. We played Plantation and Great Waters the latter being very expensive and yet both were not very memorable and yes they were average and we would not rush to go play them again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ADRUK
ralph v, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Adruk,

Thanks for your comments during your recent visit. While I'm glad to hear of many of the positive points of your experience, I must say I'm a little confused as to the lack of communication leading up to the visit. In addition, your golf experience is surprising as this is not at all the norm.

If you don't mind, I would so appreciate a call so that I might be able to ascertain some of the details so that we can correct moving forward. Please contact me at the resort at your leisure at 706-467-7040.

Please accept my apologies and I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Best regards,

Augusta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Every part of our visits (we have been 3 times) to this Ritz has been excellent. The facility is beautiful, the service exceptional. We went to the Spa and it was one of the the best we have seen so far.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a Lake View, no point in going to the lake and not have a lake view. Worth the mo...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Russell W
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My husband booked us a night at this RC Easter Weekend using his Marriott points. We both travel quite a bit and we try to use either our AmEx points or the specific airline/hotel reward points we build up over each year for our vacations as much as possible. I had used our RC reward points recently on a trip to South Florida, but decided to put some (over 50,000) of our Marriott points for a quick get away.
If you are looking for a warm welcome from "ladies and gentlemen" and are counting on some of that Ritz Carlton "my pleasure" treatment - DO NOT book a stay at this property using Marriott points.
When we checked in - we were given a totally different room than what we reserved using ample points. When we inquired as to the change the "lady" at the front desk responded "Im sorry maam, we don't grant those rooms to Marriott points guests." Are you kidding me? First of all - I had to spend tens of thousands of dollars with your parent company to get those points and it shouldn't matter how I come to pay for my room - I should be treated like a valued guest. When we then asked if we could pay the $200 fee to upgrade to a club level room, we were told there were no club rooms available. Yet - little did they know that when the same girl checked in our friends - they asked to pay the $200 fee and were given a choice between a club level room or a suite on a different floor but with club access.
During our two full days there I can honestly say that while we appreciate the beauty of the grounds (this was actually our third time at the hotel) and there are some nice features of the hotel such as the spa and the golf - we rarely encountered a "lady or gentlemen" as RC calls them that showed an ounce of hospitality. Derek our bellman was lovely. And the folks that worked tirelessly at the pool on Easter Sunday were memorable. Other than that - we are done with this resort if not all RC properties. The guest rooms need some modifications and updating. Ours had a musty smell and we encountered many glitches like a broken fridge, a sliding glass door that wouldn't open, a horribly dirty balcony, stained towels and an AC that kept us up all night. The food is simply mediocre. The Easter Brunch was $70 for an adult and $35 for my seven year old. I love a good Sunday Brunch and never mind paying for one, but this to me was price gouging. With tip, the bill was over 200 for food that was merely "decent".
We have a special needs child and asked for a few things before arrival - all of those requests were ignored - because we booked our room with "Marriott" points we were told - they could not accommodate such requests. All in all, we left feeling guilty for using the points, let down in almost every aspect of our stay and quite turned off to Ritz Carlton as a whole.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
11 Thank TravelPrincess1108
ralph v, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear TravelPrincess1108,

I can't tell you how disappointed I am to hear of your experiences at our resort. It is our commitment not only to meet but exceed our guest expectations, please forgive us for failing you in this commitment. While we do occasionally run into some conflict on point redemption, what I'm most disappointed in was your services experiences with our Ladies and Gentlemen, for this is truly our greatest asset. Thank you however for mentioning a few isolated pleasant experiences by name.

While it is regrettable that this experience has caused you to consider never returning to our resort, I would appreciate the opportunity to talk with you in more detail at your convenience. You can reach me at the resort anytime.

Best regards,

Lubbock, TX
Reviewed 22 April 2014

A recent stay at the Ritz-Carlton, Reynolds Plantation proved to be one of the most enjoyable stays of my travels in recent history! The hospitality was second to none. Every person from those opening doors, to housekeeping, and food service was extremely attentive and more than pleasant. The grounds were absolutely perfect; a breath of fresh air, literally! We kayaked one afternoon and enjoyed every minute out on the lake. Time spent at the pool was priceless, as the infinity pool meeting the lakeside is perfection. Our room overlooked the spa building, and the blooming trees out our window were beautiful! While the pollen was thick during our stay, the blooming spring was incredible. We dined lakeside one evening at the chimenea, and Rob, our server took great care of us. What a fun change to a traditional dinner. The staff in the lobby bar were so gracious, as our group got a bit unruly from time to time. ;) They worked hard and exceeded everyones expectations. We had a reception one evening on the patio of "Linger Longer" and the golf course view was outstanding! Our final banquet/dinner/dance held in the tent was extremely enjoyable as well. Every individual working the event made certain that all was top notch. I received a massage at the beautiful spa, and felt so welcomed by Joseph and all the spa staff. Sayward gave an amazing massage, & I would highly recommend her. The spa itself is not to be missed. What a great relaxing escape! While a business trip brought us this time, we will definitely return again for sheer pleasure, and bring friends and family with us. We are ruined by your southern charm- you have raised the bar for sure!!

Room Tip: Rooms have lovely views whether facing the lake or woods. It's hard to go wrong!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Ashley H
ralph v, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Ashley H,

What a delight to read of your recent stay, I will be reading it aloud this week in my staff meeting and acknowledge the staff members you mentioned. I can't tell you how often we have group guests that return to enjoy the resort as a leisure traveler, so please come back and see us and let me know if I can ever be of service!

P.S. - Tell your friends, we are the best kept secret in the southeast!

Best...

Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Beautiful grounds, excellent service, lovely hotel. Dinner in the dining room was great. Very pricey, but you expect that at a ritz carlton. Very comfortable, attractive rooms. Ours opened out onto a private ground level patio, which is recessed by stone walls so you really do have a sense of privacy. Beds were very comfortable and there was plenty of lighting in the very spacious bathroom.
It is a great place for a weekend, situated on a lake surrounded by lovely homes. The only drawback is it's long distance from anywhere. If you need culture, shopping, entertainment and a variety of restaurants, stick to Atlanta. But it you really want to get away, it's a great choice.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AlaShug
Dear AlaShug,

Thanks for your kind words regarding your recent visit, much appreciated. We do consider ourselves to be great respite just outside Atlanta. While it is true that Lake Oconee does not have Atlanta's offerings, it is nice to know that paradise is just at the big city's doorstep!

Who needs Hilton Head or Florida when you have World-Class golf and the best Lake in the Southeast right here!

All the best and please come back and see us again soon...

Ralph Vick
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greensboro
The Lodge on Lake Oconee
Hampton Inn Madison
Hampton Inn Madison
#4 of 6 in Madison
Fairfield Inn & Suites Milledgeville

Been to The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee? Share your experiences!