First, let me start by saying I travel a few hundred days a year, and have done so for the past 10 years. I am platinum with Marriott and and have the Ritz Carlton Visa credit card, had my big wedding and honeymoon at the ritz.
I had 3 rooms booked at this hotel for colleagues and myself. The woman who checked me in was patient and professional. We all arrived very early (around 7:30am) and she worked hard to get us rooms asap, and even maneuvered some of us around so we could have our bed preferences (which someone at my company mixed up and put doubles for people wanting singles, etc).
The front desk made every effort to get our rooms ready and called us promptly as soon as the last one was finally available for checkin. I really appreciated how sincere they were in wanting to make sure we got the rooms we wanted as early as possible.
The entire stay went smoothly. I slept like a champ on the heavenly beds. The food at served at conference was wonderful, thoughtful dishes served with such a fun southern/rustic feel including the serving pieces and signs. The food at Gabby’s, LingerLonger Steakhouse and the buffet breakfast were all amazing. The buffet breakfast wins this one though, it was THE BEST with such varied selections, fresh ingredients and top notch waitstaff.
My only complaint is that I was in charge of an event Sat night for my company. Originally the event was for 80 people but 100 trickled in. It seemed to take the staff too long to “catch up” and get more plates, servers and 2 extra tables out. What seemed to be something that should’ve been taken care of easily (there was plenty of food), took the event manager too long to realize. therefore, I had guests clearing their own plates, waiting a long time for silverware and eating standing up. My colleague and I ended up bring dishes over to the tent to get them off the tables so people could sit and eat! Again, this in my opinion shouldn’t have happened because the people trickled in, so as soon as the headcount go close to 90, the hotel should have acted quickly to get more dishes, silverware, waitstaff and a table setup. Other than that, the food, music, bar and everything else was great! This was my 3rd year throwing a Sat night event at the hotel, and this was the largest and most successful, even with the snafu of not having proper waitstaff, dishes and utensils.
I regret not getting the name of the women who cleaned our room, She was so sweet and anytime i needed anything, was so gracious and polite about helping me out. I really wish I had captured her info to pass onto her manager.
Overall, I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel. Even though I was there for work, I felt like I was able to relax and enjoy the amenities such as lunch by the pool, walks by the lake, the spa. My husband loved the spa and said his massage was one of the best. We also loved the well equipped and nicely maintained gym. We're already planning our next trip back to the property and encourage anyone looking for a relaxing weekend getaway or nice place to have a work conference to consider this property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 75 miles from Atlanta and the world's busiest airport, a stunning lake shimmers in quiet tranquility. Cradled by verdant hills where pines tower to the sky and eagles dance with the sun, this secluded getaway transports guests to a place far away from daily cares and pressures. It's little wonder the family who formerly owned this land called it Linger Longer. Once here, guests yearn to stay, whether for golfing on championship courses, netting their daily limit of fish, discovering uncommon shops in antebellum towns or enjoying a delightful roster of outdoor activities. Amidst this engaging backdrop, the commanding presence of The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee offers an elegant invitation to meet in the heart of nature. The Ritz-Carlton on Lake Oconee, GA offers guests legendary service highlighted by gracious Southern hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Marriott, Prestigia, Expedia, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation Hotel Greensboro
- Ritz Carlton Reynolds Plantation
- Ritz Greensboro
- Ritz-Carlton Greensboro
- Greensboro Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee Greensboro, Georgia