“Fabulous hotel and spots in beautiful setting”

The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Greensboro
GreenLeadersGold level
Bay Shore, New York
“Fabulous hotel and spots in beautiful setting”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

This is a fabulous resort. The staff are very friendly and accommodating, including the resident pooch who is happy for a little attention as you walk through the lobby. The spa has wonderful treatments and a very professional staff. The grounds and setting truley make for a very fun relaxing vacation. You can golf on any of several courses, take a boat out on the lake, go for a walk , or just relax by the pool. In the evening spend some time by the bond fire making snores. There are plenty activities for the kids including a camp so the adults can have some time to too. The room are are spacious and nicely appointed. Food was wonderful in all of the restaurants with nice selections. You can't go wrong with this choice for a vacation or business function. It's also a beautiful setting for a wedding or family gathering.

Room Tip: Choose a lake view room for a great view
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
ralph v, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Jacqueline A,

I so appreciate your kind words on your recent experience. Please come back and see us when you are not on business. As you know it is an easy flight from NY into Atlanta and a short drive to "paradise in the south"!

Ralph Vick

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 7 May 2014

First, let me start by saying I travel a few hundred days a year, and have done so for the past 10 years. I am platinum with Marriott and and have the Ritz Carlton Visa credit card, had my big wedding and honeymoon at the ritz.

I had 3 rooms booked at this hotel for colleagues and myself. The woman who checked me in was patient and professional. We all arrived very early (around 7:30am) and she worked hard to get us rooms asap, and even maneuvered some of us around so we could have our bed preferences (which someone at my company mixed up and put doubles for people wanting singles, etc).

The front desk made every effort to get our rooms ready and called us promptly as soon as the last one was finally available for checkin. I really appreciated how sincere they were in wanting to make sure we got the rooms we wanted as early as possible.

The entire stay went smoothly. I slept like a champ on the heavenly beds. The food at served at conference was wonderful, thoughtful dishes served with such a fun southern/rustic feel including the serving pieces and signs. The food at Gabby’s, LingerLonger Steakhouse and the buffet breakfast were all amazing. The buffet breakfast wins this one though, it was THE BEST with such varied selections, fresh ingredients and top notch waitstaff.

My only complaint is that I was in charge of an event Sat night for my company. Originally the event was for 80 people but 100 trickled in. It seemed to take the staff too long to “catch up” and get more plates, servers and 2 extra tables out. What seemed to be something that should’ve been taken care of easily (there was plenty of food), took the event manager too long to realize. therefore, I had guests clearing their own plates, waiting a long time for silverware and eating standing up. My colleague and I ended up bring dishes over to the tent to get them off the tables so people could sit and eat! Again, this in my opinion shouldn’t have happened because the people trickled in, so as soon as the headcount go close to 90, the hotel should have acted quickly to get more dishes, silverware, waitstaff and a table setup. Other than that, the food, music, bar and everything else was great! This was my 3rd year throwing a Sat night event at the hotel, and this was the largest and most successful, even with the snafu of not having proper waitstaff, dishes and utensils.

I regret not getting the name of the women who cleaned our room, She was so sweet and anytime i needed anything, was so gracious and polite about helping me out. I really wish I had captured her info to pass onto her manager.

Overall, I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel. Even though I was there for work, I felt like I was able to relax and enjoy the amenities such as lunch by the pool, walks by the lake, the spa. My husband loved the spa and said his massage was one of the best. We also loved the well equipped and nicely maintained gym. We're already planning our next trip back to the property and encourage anyone looking for a relaxing weekend getaway or nice place to have a work conference to consider this property.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank laurens015
Dear Laurens015,

Thanks for the level of detail provided on your recent visit, your list of accolades and kudos are much appreciated and I'll be certain to share with our Ladies and Gentlemen.

I would also like to thank you for your comment regarding the service opportunity on your Saturday night event in the Event Lawn Pavilion. (ok...the tent! : ) ). I was not aware of this defect but will discuss with my banquet staff to determine why we weren't quicker to react.

We look forward to welcoming you back, please let me know if I can ever be of service!

All the best,

Reviewed 7 May 2014

This review is overdue but we like this property so much I still wanted to write it. We stayed last summer for the second time and it was just as nice as he first. The property is beautiful and the staff is excellent- shout out to Travis at the pool. Because it was near the 4th holiday they had fire works over the lake one night which was great. Our room was a standard this time and was still very nice with a beautiful lake view and nice balcony. No maid service one day despite being out of the room all day and had to call and ask to have the room made up which was weird but was quickly fixed. Overall a wonderful relaxing stay and we will be back again!

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Laura F,

Wow, overdue I do declare! LOL... better late than never and I so appreciate it! Thanks for singling out Travis, he is one of many superstars at the pool.

The 4th is just around corner, let me know if I can personally assist you with reservations!

Best regards!

Warner Robins, Georgia
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed at The Ritz-Carlton Lodge and was pleasantly suprised from start to finish. I have traveled all over the world and stayed in many five star resorts and this place ranks right up there. Staff is extremely friendly and courteous, rooms are good size, and pool area is nice. Oh yea and Dooley (dog) at check in is great! Only recommendation I would make is to thin out the chairs at pool in non-peak times to make it feel more spacious. Very minimal downgrade. Food and drinks are expense but what do you expect. Will be returning for sure!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear KlingerGA,

Exceptional comments on your recent visit, thank you so much, especially considering your worldly travels, we are truly honored.

Great recommendation on the pool deck and just as an fyi, we are in the planning phase of adding an additional family pool so we can spread out the infinity pool chairs permanently! : )

Looking forward to your return, until then I remain,

...at your service

Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 5 May 2014

This is one of our favourite places to go for a weekend away without having to travel too far from home, plus we can take our dog. We always stay club level, and everyone in there is absolutely wonderful. It's nice to see the same faces. We always request the same room on the ground floor facing the lake though, so that our dog can sit on the grass whilst we enjoy a glass of wine on the patio enjoying the view. There are lovely walks you can take with your dog, and the pool and restaurants are lovely. We have spent time here in the summer, over Christmas and in the autumn, and each time is as special. The outdoor pool is wonderful as well as the indoor pool. The spa is great and the service all around is wonderful. It's a more relaxed atmosphere than city Ritz Carlton's, but it fits the environment. Great family environment. The lake is beautiful and it's once to be somewhere where there isn't much distraction from the surrounding areas. The rooms have been recently renovated, but still have a more chalet style finish to them, which I love.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Jane B,

Loved your comments on your recent stay, much appreciated and I will most certainly share with my Ladies and Gentlemen. Please seek me out on your next visit so I can personally say hello and thank you. I assume your dog has been introduced to Dooley, our resort chocolate lab mascot?

Looking forward to your return!

All the best,

UK
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We looked forward to going to Reynolds Plantation but in the end left disappointed. Customer service in the lead up to our visit was absent with email queries being unanswered but we persevered and went anyway. The hotel itself is fine but we were given a room overlooking a marquee for weddings and such which was not great. The steak house was nice and we had a couple of pleasant evenings sitting at the bar eating samplers and drinking good cocktails and very pleasant local ales.
The most disappointing aspect of our visit was the golf. We played Plantation and Great Waters the latter being very expensive and yet both were not very memorable and yes they were average and we would not rush to go play them again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ADRUK
ralph v, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Adruk,

Thanks for your comments during your recent visit. While I'm glad to hear of many of the positive points of your experience, I must say I'm a little confused as to the lack of communication leading up to the visit. In addition, your golf experience is surprising as this is not at all the norm.

If you don't mind, I would so appreciate a call so that I might be able to ascertain some of the details so that we can correct moving forward. Please contact me at the resort at your leisure at 706-467-7040.

Please accept my apologies and I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Best regards,

Augusta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Every part of our visits (we have been 3 times) to this Ritz has been excellent. The facility is beautiful, the service exceptional. We went to the Spa and it was one of the the best we have seen so far.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a Lake View, no point in going to the lake and not have a lake view. Worth the mo...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Russell W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greensboro
The Lodge on Lake Oconee
Hampton Inn Madison
Hampton Inn Madison
#4 of 6 in Madison
Fairfield Inn & Suites Milledgeville

Been to The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee? Share your experiences!