“Beauty, Comfort, and Wonderful Service!”

The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Greensboro
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We very much enjoyed our 3 day stay! The hotel is luxurious, the amenities abundant, and the service is unsurpassed! Treat yourself and/or your company to an airy, clean, quiet, and relaxing environment.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,246)

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

This property is about 10 minutes off of I-20. It's on a lush piece of land flanked by two golf courses.

The staff go out their way ( genuinely) to make guests feel comfortable. The rooms are very clean and appear to be newly renovated ,well appointed in a "lodge " sort of way.

The property is beautiful and sits on Lake Oconee. There are plenty of activities for kids onsite. There are a couple of restaurants that serve good American cuisine at reasonable prices.

Take advantage of the golf course and driving range (included in your resort fee). It's an easy and scenic 5 minute walk. They had rental clubs waiting (Taylor Made) for me when I arrived.

Rest your mind about this property. You can't go wrong with it.

We paid $469/night which seems a little high. I think their non holiday rates are in the $300 range.

Very Nice property !

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I was at a horse ranch to ride for a week In May and decided to go to the Ritz-Carlton Lodge for a spa day - and ended up checking in for a night because it was just too irresistible! The spa was wonderful - excellent massage, nice hot & cool tub room, and an indoor pool. The spa boutique carries all kinds of fantastic body & home products - perfect for getting gifts and getting some nice-spelling goodies for yourself. The grounds are immaculate, the staff was all very friendly, and the infinity pool looking over the lake is stunning. The pool temperature was perfect. The typical Ritz level of attention and service is abundant throughout, with a particularly Southern flavor.

My room - on the Club Level - was fine, with good amenities. The Club Lounge offers 5 food presentations a day, all complimentary, and the food was good - catering-style hot apps, dips, cheese, fruit, desserts, etc. The breakfast options were particularly great. Coffee and drinks available at all times. The folks who staffed the Club Level while I was there were terrific. There was nothing like picking up a copy of the NYTimes, sitting on a private balcony, eating cinnamon buns and drinking coffee while looking out over the beautiful Lake Oconee! I'll be looking at the Club Level at future Ritz stays elsewhere.

The food at Gaby's, where I dined 2x, was ok. The selection could be a bit better in terms of bold flavors and range of dishes, but it seems like the cuisine of the local area is down-home country food.

There were quite a few guests there for business, with a big group having functions on the lawn, but for the most part they weren't raucous and kept to the peaceful atmosphere.

I told everyone at the horse farm how great my trip to the Reynolds Plantation was, and I'll be back! I'd recommend it for golf lovers, spa lovers, and city mice from Atlanta who want a beautiful vacation.

Room Tip: Club Level means complimentary drinks and food at their Club Lounge, free wifi, etc. I'd recomme...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
ralph v, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear fellowtraveler27,

Thank you so much for your generous comments, you have our resort pegged and "spot on", an easy trip from anywhere in or near Atlanta and a great getaway for the "city mice"!

While our menu options are limited at Gaby's by design, please come back and check out Georgia's Bistro and Linger Longer Steakhouse. Our steaks rival any Atlanta steakhouse!

Please tell all your friends! We are the best kept secret in Georgia!

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

We came for Memorial Day and had an awesome time. The hotel was completely full but didn't seem overcrowded. Activities were well planned highly organized.

The best part of the trip is the Club Level service. The ladies that run the club are so kind and attentive and honestly are the reason we continue to visit the property.

I highly recommend this property to anyone looking for a getaway for a few days. We never want to leave!!!

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Laurawi

Dear Laurawi,

Thank you for your comments on your recent Memorial Day visit. Our club Ladies and Gentlemen are the best in the business and really exemplify Southern Hospitality.

Please come back and Linger Longer!

Best regards,

Reviewed 24 May 2014

The Ritz Carlton provided excellent service from start to finish. My wife and I were at the resort for a conference. From booking the room, a pre-arranged spa appointment for my wife, to providing us with bottled water as we left....the service and level of courtesy was tops.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with lake view. First floor makes it easy to go to pool.

Dear tchason,

Thank you for your kind words, please come back and see us and enjoy the full amenities of the resort when you can truly relax as a leisure guest. The summers here are fabulous!

Best regards,

Reviewed 8 May 2014

This is a fabulous resort. The staff are very friendly and accommodating, including the resident pooch who is happy for a little attention as you walk through the lobby. The spa has wonderful treatments and a very professional staff. The grounds and setting truley make for a very fun relaxing vacation. You can golf on any of several courses, take a boat out on the lake, go for a walk , or just relax by the pool. In the evening spend some time by the bond fire making snores. There are plenty activities for the kids including a camp so the adults can have some time to too. The room are are spacious and nicely appointed. Food was wonderful in all of the restaurants with nice selections. You can't go wrong with this choice for a vacation or business function. It's also a beautiful setting for a wedding or family gathering.

Room Tip: Choose a lake view room for a great view
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Jacqueline A,

I so appreciate your kind words on your recent experience. Please come back and see us when you are not on business. As you know it is an easy flight from NY into Atlanta and a short drive to "paradise in the south"!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

First, let me start by saying I travel a few hundred days a year, and have done so for the past 10 years. I am platinum with Marriott and and have the Ritz Carlton Visa credit card, had my big wedding and honeymoon at the ritz.

I had 3 rooms booked at this hotel for colleagues and myself. The woman who checked me in was patient and professional. We all arrived very early (around 7:30am) and she worked hard to get us rooms asap, and even maneuvered some of us around so we could have our bed preferences (which someone at my company mixed up and put doubles for people wanting singles, etc).

The front desk made every effort to get our rooms ready and called us promptly as soon as the last one was finally available for checkin. I really appreciated how sincere they were in wanting to make sure we got the rooms we wanted as early as possible.

The entire stay went smoothly. I slept like a champ on the heavenly beds. The food at served at conference was wonderful, thoughtful dishes served with such a fun southern/rustic feel including the serving pieces and signs. The food at Gabby’s, LingerLonger Steakhouse and the buffet breakfast were all amazing. The buffet breakfast wins this one though, it was THE BEST with such varied selections, fresh ingredients and top notch waitstaff.

My only complaint is that I was in charge of an event Sat night for my company. Originally the event was for 80 people but 100 trickled in. It seemed to take the staff too long to “catch up” and get more plates, servers and 2 extra tables out. What seemed to be something that should’ve been taken care of easily (there was plenty of food), took the event manager too long to realize. therefore, I had guests clearing their own plates, waiting a long time for silverware and eating standing up. My colleague and I ended up bring dishes over to the tent to get them off the tables so people could sit and eat! Again, this in my opinion shouldn’t have happened because the people trickled in, so as soon as the headcount go close to 90, the hotel should have acted quickly to get more dishes, silverware, waitstaff and a table setup. Other than that, the food, music, bar and everything else was great! This was my 3rd year throwing a Sat night event at the hotel, and this was the largest and most successful, even with the snafu of not having proper waitstaff, dishes and utensils.

I regret not getting the name of the women who cleaned our room, She was so sweet and anytime i needed anything, was so gracious and polite about helping me out. I really wish I had captured her info to pass onto her manager.

Overall, I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel. Even though I was there for work, I felt like I was able to relax and enjoy the amenities such as lunch by the pool, walks by the lake, the spa. My husband loved the spa and said his massage was one of the best. We also loved the well equipped and nicely maintained gym. We're already planning our next trip back to the property and encourage anyone looking for a relaxing weekend getaway or nice place to have a work conference to consider this property.

1  Thank laurens015

Dear Laurens015,

Thanks for the level of detail provided on your recent visit, your list of accolades and kudos are much appreciated and I'll be certain to share with our Ladies and Gentlemen.

I would also like to thank you for your comment regarding the service opportunity on your Saturday night event in the Event Lawn Pavilion. (ok...the tent! : ) ). I was not aware of this defect but will discuss with my banquet staff to determine why we weren't quicker to react.

We look forward to welcoming you back, please let me know if I can ever be of service!

All the best,

Ralph Vick

Also consider these accommodations in or near Greensboro
The Lodge on Lake Oconee
Holiday Inn Express Madison
Days Inn Madison
Days Inn Madison
#3 of 6 in Madison

Been to The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee? Share your experiences!