The only way to get to this remote location is via car (1 1/2 hours from Atlanta). Yet despite being located on many, many acres, this hotel charges $25 per day per car to valet park and does not offer you the option to self park unless you complain vehemently. It also baffles me when an expensive hotel charges guests for Internet access ($15 per day per room) when lower priced hotels and motels provide it free of charge. But even being a loyal Ritz Carlton rewards club member gets you NOTHING at this facility. They only offered me the option of paying a $40 per day per room resort fee vs paying $25 plus $15 - as if that was some kind of deal!!! If it wasn't so ridiculous it might have been funny.
We were attending a wedding being held at this property with approximately 250 guests. Nonetheless management did nothing to accommodate the wedding guests in any way. We got turn down service only 1 of the 2 nights. I had to call for extra bath towels as the used ones left on the floor were not picked up. The hair dryer in our bathroom was broken. The bedside lamp was missing its turn on/off switch. The pool is lined with wall to wall lounge chairs, so don't expect any personal space whatsoever if you are sitting poolside.
The final insult was that on the night of the wedding, the air conditioning in their grand ballroom was malfunctioning leaving 250 wedding guests quote uncomfortable. It was obvious that there was a problem as soon as we walked in as the room was warm and stuffy. No one did anything to alleviate the problem.
This property is clearly poorly run and should not be affiliated with the Ritz name. While it might be voted # 1 in this location, trust me that is because there are very few other options.
If you are coming here and expecting to be treated as you might be at other Ritz properties, I suggest you cancel your reservation and go elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 75 miles from Atlanta and the world's busiest airport, a stunning lake shimmers in quiet tranquility. Cradled by verdant hills where pines tower to the sky and eagles dance with the sun, this secluded getaway transports guests to a place far away from daily cares and pressures. It's little wonder the family who formerly owned this land called it Linger Longer. Once here, guests yearn to stay, whether for golfing on championship courses, netting their daily limit of fish, discovering uncommon shops in antebellum towns or enjoying a delightful roster of outdoor activities. Amidst this engaging backdrop, the commanding presence of The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee offers an elegant invitation to meet in the heart of nature. The Ritz-Carlton on Lake Oconee, GA offers guests legendary service highlighted by gracious Southern hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Marriott, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation Hotel Greensboro
- Ritz Carlton Reynolds Plantation
- Ritz Greensboro
- Ritz-Carlton Greensboro
- Greensboro Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee Greensboro, Georgia