The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee
US$162
US$157
US$128
US$118
Days Inn Madison(Madison)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$128
US$122
Super 8 Madison(Madison)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$71
US$82
US$77
  • Breakfast included
1,286 results
All reviewsinfinity poolclub levelgingerbread houselake viewbeautiful propertyresort feefire pitgreat resortlinger longer steakhouselong weekendwalking trailsromantic getawayjet skibusiness meetingfamily vacationlake activitiesgreat weekend
Reviewed 17 June 2009

The resort is well manicured and landscaped. The interiors are 'rustic', kind of an upscale Country Bear Jamboree. The staff seem friendly.

However, at a company banquet, my dining partner found a wad of chewed gum in her water glass. She caught the eye of a server, who said "I don't understand this". She told him that she wasn't chewing gum, that somehow either through the ice or the refill pitcher, someone's gum got in her glass. He reluctantly brought her a bottle of water and made a big show of breaking the safety seal in front of our table. Later that evening at the dessert buffet, he made a point of coming up to her and saying that he had found a gum wrapper on our table. That is incorrect, as I came up to the table with my colleague, and there was NO wrapper, nor was anyone at our table chewing gum.

The experience was not only disgusting, but rude in that she was basically accused of making the whole thing up. Which, considering dinner was already paid for, she certainly wasn't trying to get a free meal.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
6  Thank SteelerFan81
Reviewed 2 June 2009

I have stayed at some very nice hotels including other Ritz Carltons and The Four Seasons and this consistently ranks as one of my personal favorites. The staff in the Concierge Lounge is gracious, hospitable and remembers me by name on each stay. Very few properties seem able to deliver this level of service any more. The property gives you great views of Lake Oconee with a beautiful Infinity pool. Linger Longer Steakhouse has incredible steaks and sides. However, Georgia's Restaurant still fails to deliver the 5 star meal most often found in Ritz Carlton's signature properties. Nonetheless, this is a perfect property for a romantic weekend with your spouse/partner.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BranNewareAtl
Reviewed 20 May 2009

The location is becautiful and serene, but I didn't feel that the hotel was much better than a Marriott. We could hear everything through the walls and the decor and style of the room is exactly what you'd get for a Marriott or Hilton. I always thought the Ritz was supposed to be a little nicer, but I wasn't impressed. Not that it was bad, it was just average.
The food was good at the on-site restaurants (especially the Linger Longer steakhouse), but we had one bad experience with a server/busser at the Georgia restaurant. My place setting did not include a knife, and when I asked for one she gave me an exasperated sigh. I've worked in food service before, so I would normally understand, but they weren't even busy!
The nightly s'more at the fire pit was a nice touch, as well as the chiminea and fire pits along the shore of the lake. If the rooms were quieter and nicer, I'd have been very satisfied.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sarahDenver
Reviewed 15 May 2009

My wife and I had the privilege of spending a long weekend at Reynolds Plantation in April 2009. Having heard nothing but great things about this resort we were quite excited. Reynolds certainly did not disappoint.

We stayed on a Club level which basically took care of breakfast and lunch. For dinner we enjoyed the Georgia Bistro the first night and the lakeside couples dinner the next. Though expensive, it was well worth it. As a Ritz Carlton the buildings and grounds are well appointed.

The highlight of our trip has to be the spa visit. We enjoyed a couples massage, my first, and it was also worth the expense.

We would recommend Reynolds Plantation to anyone who would enjoy seclusion, comfort and luxury. Next time I'm bringing my clubs!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nspinel
Reviewed 1 April 2009

Great place -- especially for golf. (Otherwise not much to do.) All was well until the end of a 4 day stay when I requested a ONE HOUR later check out time, from 12 noon to 1PM. I was flat out told "no." Had to go to the manager to get an hour after spending a ton of money at what is supposed to be a 5 star resort. Really, really bad form to end a good stay with an argument over an hour. I pointed out to the management of "the Ritz Carlton" that the week before I received a 2 hour extended check out time from a downtown Marriott -- with a smile on their face (when the hotel was booked for a city marathon). Apparently, Marriott's can grant an hour or two but Ritz Carlton's can not.
I suggest that the Ritz management team go back for some training: this is not the economy to be arguing with guests willing to pay $60 for breakfast or $200 for dinner.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends