I stayed at the Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation on Lake Oconee October 24 – 27, while attending a 100 person meeting/conference. Here’s what I would want to know about this resort.
1.From Atlanta’s Hartsfield Airport it was 75 minutes, mid-afternoon, with no traffic, 80-MPH. It’s a scenic drive, almost all high-way. It could be much longer if you are in rush hour traffic, so I recommend a mid-day arrival and departure from Atlanta’s Hartsfield airport. If you have a corporate jet, Greensboro, GA airport is just a few minutes from the Resort.
2.The resort has a luxurious lodge look and feel. The developers spared no expense, with beautiful landscaping, richly appointed furniture, fixtures and equipment, and combined with Ritz-Carlton management and service levels, this is a top-notch resort.
3.The guest rooms are luxuriously appointed with a big desk, 2-line speaker phone, high speed Internet access, in-room safe, Bose wave stereo, marble bathroom loaded with up-scale amenities, i.e. the works. The lobby level is the third floor, so a third floor guest room eliminates most of the elevator usage. I had room 208, which looks out over the lawn, pool and onto Lake Oconee.
4.I didn’t eat in any of the restaurants because it was a group meeting with all group meals. The meals prepared for the group were superb, on par with expectations for Ritz-Carltons and Four Seasons Resorts.
5.The Fitness Center is well equipped and was not crowded. The Spa is first rate. I had a deep tissue massage. Schedule a massage with Sayward, she’s great.
6.Shopping is limited to a couple of on-property boutiques, spa shop and pro shop.
This resort is excellent for a group meeting, and would also be a great destination for a romantic getaway, golf/spa trip with friends, and a great place for a family/extended family vacation.
I hope this report helps.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 75 miles from Atlanta and the world's busiest airport, a stunning lake shimmers in quiet tranquility. Cradled by verdant hills where pines tower to the sky and eagles dance with the sun, this secluded getaway transports guests to a place far away from daily cares and pressures. It's little wonder the family who formerly owned this land called it Linger Longer. Once here, guests yearn to stay, whether for golfing on championship courses, netting their daily limit of fish, discovering uncommon shops in antebellum towns or enjoying a delightful roster of outdoor activities. Amidst this engaging backdrop, the commanding presence of The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee offers an elegant invitation to meet in the heart of nature. The Ritz-Carlton on Lake Oconee, GA offers guests legendary service highlighted by gracious Southern hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Agoda, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation Hotel Greensboro
- Ritz Carlton Reynolds Plantation
- Ritz Greensboro
- Ritz-Carlton Greensboro
- Greensboro Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee Greensboro, Georgia