“THIS PLACE SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN - NASTYYYYY!”
Review of Holiday Lodge

Holiday Lodge
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I travel over 30 weekends out of the year. This is absolutley the worst place place I have ever stayed. The carpet was dirty, the bed was dirty and the bathroom OMG. I am grateful that we brought Lysol. The floor was rotted near the air conditoner and I stepped through the floor.
i got out of the place as soon as I could and did not stay for breakfast.
Do yourself a favor and sleep in your car at McDonalds.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bill W

Reviewed 18 August 2011

I have been in other Microtel's that were not bad so, I ignored the Tripadvisor reviews. Boy, I was wrong. The room was dirty and smelled old. The complimentary shampoo was half full so it makes you wonder if it was there from the previous customer. The mirrors on the entire length of the wall where the bed headboard should be was quite disturbing. One last thing, the front desk attendant was less than professional. If you want a comfortable stay, pay the $ 20.00 more and go to the Jameson across the street.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Once in Indianapolis I stayed at very nice Microttel hotel and I assumed I would get the same experience at Microtel hotel in Greensboro GA. But hotel was very run down. Clerk was friendly in his own way. Bathroom was dirty. Room was very smelly, felt dirty. Washer and Dryer were in same room where you eat your breakfast. If you are single and hiker and need last minute lodging this might be your place or check out and ask for discount from Jameson Inn behind Waffle House.

Room Tip: Go to Jameson Inn, higher class hotel, across the road and ask for a discount. You get that for same...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 March 2011

Desk clerk had slovenly, unprofessional appearance and flippant, rude attitude from the start. He did not have adequate knowledge of location of concert hall or local restaurants.Our room had hole in floor under carpet which presented hazard. Bath's floor was dirty and exhaust fan did not work. Break/breakfast room was dirty with doors falling off cabinets. Snack machine was practically empty. Breakfast choices were powdered orange juice and all sweet rolls and sugary cereals. No fresh fruit or healthy choices. The only redeeming quality of this property was that it was within 2 miles of the center of town where we were to attend a concert.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank heelanlass
Reviewed 14 December 2010

It was actually quite functional for us when we stayed there last year over Christmas, and today I booked again for this year. We have family in the area who have a multi story home, and my mother in law is unable to navigate their stairs. We spend our days with our family, and excuse ourselves along with mother and go to the hotel. We just go there to sleep, and it is quite adequate. Want something fancy-shell out an additional $200+ and check in at the Ritz Carlton down the street. If you just to get some rest-this place will work just fine. Clean, quiet, and friendly staff!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2010

What a horrible experience. We checked into the hotel and I looked at 3 different rooms, all dirty.....nasty. Unfortunately, we were stuck staying there for the night. I cannot imagine such a proprietor expecting to ever get repeat business. The manager said the staff had wiped everything down - yeah, wiped over the dirt and filth which helped to visibly imbed it into the tub, floors, walls, etc. If this is the standard for Microtel Inns, I will never stay at one again and will advise everyone else I know to do the same.

Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2009

Date: 29th oct 2008,
This was first tripfor me and my sister to U.S.A. very new to this country. We reached newyork, and there we came to know that our flight was delayed for 2 hrs.. in the evening. We reached atlanta at 10pm, I called up microtel to know ,how m i suppose to come from atlanta to greensboro. the guy at reception told me the exact way, which cab to take .. which exit to take and how m i suppose to do all that from the airort.. us arrived at the hotel.. safely at 1:00am.. the guy at reception offered me a cup of coffe when i reached there which was great ... and had a wonderful stay at microtel .. all 4 days.. they help us know place around the city. and it was really a great experience for us to stay in Microtel inn..

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank sona47
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greensboro
Quality Inn & Suites
The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee
Goodwin Manor
Goodwin Manor
#1 of 1 in Greensboro

Been to Holiday Lodge? Share your experiences!